Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-13-11, 09:01 PM   #1
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Question Lowrance or Eagle?

I have a Lowrance 320 for my "driving" unit that will be mounted by the steering wheel. This one has GPS and will be connected to the transducer on the back of the boat.

I have two units that I am trying to figure out which one to put up front.
Eagle Ultra II Plus or Lowrance X96TX.

The Eagle Ultra II Plus - I have a transducer already and I believe it is equipped with side scan (I'm not sure?). I pulled off a "normal" looking transducer mounted on the bottom of the trolling motor and a round disk that was mounted on the side of the trolling motor. Both were connected to separate cords that then became one cord that connected to the back of the unit. The tape on one cord said "Bottom X-ducer" and the tape on the other cord said "Sidescan X-ducer". Now to me that means the Eagle Ultra II Plus has sidescan capabilities, right?

The Lowrance X96TX - I would have to purchase a power cord and a transducer. This would set me back around $130 to $150 more.

I would rather just purchase more wire to connect the Eagle if it is better since I already have the transducer and power cord.

Which is better - Eagle Ultra II Plus or Lowrance X96TX?

Thanks.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 10:07 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

f&g, go to bassboatcentral, sign up and post a thread that oyu are looking for said power cord and transduce. you'll find one there pal. cheaper too.

as for as which is better..............got me pal. do either one have gps capability? that is the one i would put at the console. the other i would put up front.
if neither does, i would put the side scan at console. jsut my opion.
Old 04-13-11, 11:21 PM   #3
Fishnngolfn

I have 3 units. The Lowrance 320 has GPS and that will go at the console (steering wheel of the boat). I need to choose between the remaining 2 units for up front, the Eagle Ultra II Plus or the Lowrance X96TX.
Old 04-14-11, 08:30 AM   #4
Todd Driscoll
BassFishin.Com Member

The Eagle unit does have very basic side scan capabilities, but don't expect it to compare to Lowrance DSI or StructureScan. The link for the manual is below. This unit dates back to early 90s.

http://www.eaglenav.com/upload/Eagle...%20_%20II+.pdf

The Lowrance 96 is a newer, better sonar unit and is dated around 2005. I would go with it.

http://www.lowrance.com/upload/Lowra...401_100705.pdf
Old 04-14-11, 08:47 AM   #5
Fishnngolfn

I knew the Eagle was about 20 years old. I just saw that it had side scan and was wondering if it was a better unit. Thanks for you input Todd.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.