Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 04-20-11, 07:55 AM   #1
BBD
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Another "what would you offer" thread

Found this yesterday. I looked it up and the boat weighs 1229lbs dry. So with fuel and a trailer, I'm thinking it will be at about 2000lbs +/- when all said and done. I'm hoping it will be under 2k.

I say that to say this: I've got a 4cyl/5-speed nissan with a 3200lbs tow max. My original intent was to go with an aluminum boat (BT PRO TEAM) but I think I can get away with pulling this boat out the water each time since it's not "that" heavy.

Other than that, what's a round-about figure you guys would offer for this boat. I know it's a nitro but it looks to be in great condition. I also like the fact that it's maxed out in terms of outboard size already with a 125 on the back. I'm going to physically check it out along with some other aluminum's today. I already left a message asking for more specifics and have yet to hear back.

Thanks

THIS IS A 1996 RICK CLUNN EDITION BASS BOAT 17' WITH A 125 MERCURY MARINE ENGINE AND A 35 TRACKER MOTOR GUIDE TROLLEY WITH 41 LBS OF THRUST. HAS SPECIAL METAL FLAKE PAINT. COMES WITH COVER ,TRAILER AND TITLE. YOU NEED TO SEE THIS BOAT, IT IS IN GREAT CONDITION, CAN ALSO BE USED FOR SKIING. HAS A LOT OF EXTRAS. ASKING $5700.00. PAID OVER $25000.00 NEW
BBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 09:46 AM   #2
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

If he paid $25K for that boat new - he got fleeced. In '96 you could buy a 19'er with a 200 HP for that, and it would not have been a Nitro either. As an example I bought a NEW (leftover) '01 TR-186DC in Feb. 2002 with a 150 HP Merc, and a 24v, 67# thrust T/M and Lowrance electronics for 18K. I'd offer $4000, and that would depend on having a mechanic go over the outboard - compression test, etc, & I don't know if an engine that old will indicate the hours on it, but in Florida the hours could be really high. If it has original electronics - they are virtually worthless for resale/upgrade. How old are the batteries? There are only 2, but if they are over 2 years old - not worth much either. Trailer condition? Check it good, those trailers rust out from the inside, check all the drain holes, and if you see any surface rust poke around with a screwdriver, and the bunk brackets rust out easily also. It looks good in the pictures, but they don't always tell the whole story. I'd guess his "paid over $25K new" is inflated by at least $10K, even if Rick Clunn personally signed it. A boat is worth what someone is willing to pay, but no way I'd consider $5700 a bargain.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 03:06 PM   #3
MIbasser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm not sure on the price or what to offer (no way did he pay $25k for that boat), but I (me) would not pull that boat with a 4 cyl small truck. Yes, it will pull it. I'm going to assume that you have a locking diff on your truck? If that ramp is just a little wet and you have water in your live wells, full of fish, tackle and what else, it could make for an intersting time. I've seen full sized trucks (2wd) spin at the ramp and need help pulling out similar sized boats. I would look for a lighter al boat. But that is just me.
MIbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-11, 08:54 PM   #4
Lvitch
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I saw that one and thought of you. Usually trailers are about 500lbs. I think you shouldnt have an issue towing it. We dont have hills here and most ramps are good. I would start at 3800.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.