Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-08, 12:10 PM   #1
1lipripper
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mexico Bass Fishing Trip

I’ve been looking into fishing for largemouth bass in Mexico and now I’m putting together a group of 10 anglers (9 plus me) for a trip to Lake Baccarac, Mexico. Part of the group is set, but we need a few more anglers to fill the group.

During my research I’ve found Baccarac is the best, bar none, for trophy 10+ lb bass. Average days if you’re going for a trophy are 25 to 40 fish per boat. On the best days, you’ll catch close to 100 per boat, with lots of big ones mixed in.

You need to take a look at the recent fishing reports for Lake Baccarac Lodge and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Hundreds of 10 pounders have been caught this year, along with many 12s, 14s, 16s, and even an 18.3 pounder!! Best of all, most of the fish come on a few baits that are fun to fish. Top waters, spinnerbaits, crankbaits and swimbaits are the main baits at Baccarac.

http://www.lakebaccaraclodge.com/fishing_reports.htm

It’s a 5 night/4 day fishing trip. Tentative date is Dec 11-16. The climate is very temperate and past the rainy season by late Nov/Dec, with nights in the 50s/60s and daytime temps usually warming into the low 80s. It’s normally warm but not hot and rarely humid, so the days are pretty pleasant. The lake is set in the Sierra Madre mountains and has beautiful scenery in a remote location—the perfect backdrop for your 10 lb bass picture!

Lake Baccarac Lodge is only a few years old and in great condition. It cost nearly a million dollars to build and it is first class. Rooms have 2 beds and a bathroom. The staff takes care of all your needs, from carrying your luggage, to making drinks or appetizers for you any hour of the day or night, laundry service, and all meals. They have a chef on hand who makes all of the meals. The lodge is right on the water. Most folks go at first light, take a short lunch and head right back out until dark, but you can take a break or sleep in if you want a more relaxed pace. You can check out all the info on the lodge at www.lakebaccaraclodge.com

Best of all, we’re going in a charter plane from El Paso to just 10 minutes from the lake. You will need a passport, but clearing customs is very easy in the private plane, both going and coming back.

There will be 2 anglers per boat, with one of the camp guides. With so many big fish, the angler in the back of the boat normally catches as many as the guy in the front. The guides have been on the lake for a number of years and work together and everyone shares info at lunch, so you’re sure to be on the best pattern. The guides only operate the trolling motors and outboard, they don’t fish.

Many people ask about safety. The little village that Baccarac is located near receives a payment for every American angler who comes to the lake. So, they welcome fishermen. And the few times that you see the locals (coming and going to the airport) all seem very friendly and accommodating.

Finally, the cost of the trip is $2745 per person. This includes 5 nights at the lodge and 4 days of fishing, charter flight, all food, drinks, and beer/liquor. The only expenses not covered are tips for the resort staff and guides, plus your travel expenses to El Paso, TX (you can arrive in El Paso via car or air).

I’m looking to finalize the group quickly, so if you’re interested, or if you have any questions about the trip, feel free to send me a message at lipripper1@gmail.com .

Thanks, and I hope to see you in Mexico.

Best Fishes,

Steve Sutton
1lipripper is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.