Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk

Old 05-29-09, 05:36 PM   #1
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default well it's the end of an era.

britney is finally letting go of her 99' trans am. with the baby on the way an suv makes a lot more sense, plus i won't have to drive all over the place taking her to work and picking her up whenever it snows now. we are heading over in a minute to pick up her new truck. she found an 2008 nissan pathfinder that she just can't live without. her car was paid off and they gave is a good enough deal that we are gonna write a check for the pathfinder so we aren't gonna pick up another payment. i never thought she would let her car go, she had it when we started dating and really loves the car. in fact when we got the title to it she bawled for an hour because she knew that one day she would have to get rid of the car. i have to admit, even though i am a 4wd truck guy i really did enjoy driving that car. that thing would flat out fly, scared the hell out of me a few times but it is one of the last solid built sports cars and that is coming from a guy who hates gm.

now the confusing part. we were about to make a huge last payment on my truck and get rid of the payments on it as well. however after talking with a toyota dealer about a new tundra (i have been wanting a tundra for a few years now) he has me on the ropes. he "promised" that they will payoff my truck and if i put that money on the tundra instead of paying off my truck then he could get me in a brand new loaded tundra for about half the monthly payments i was making on my truck. i have no idea what any of the details are because at first i wasn't interested, all i could think about was being out from under a truck payment. now i am starting to consider it depending on the length of payments and interest. i mean a full warranty and a truck with no miles on it sure would be great, my truck will roll over 100,000 miles within the next couple years.

kevin you can move this to nonfishing related, sorry about posting here.
Old 05-29-09, 05:55 PM   #2
nofearengineer

Sounds like he's trying to get you into a lease or a 72 month note, both of which are big time ripoffs. Salesmen can smell someone who just got out of debt a mile away. Tell him no. Roll around in your paid off truck for a year, get used to no payment, then ask yourself if you want to go back. I bet I know what the answer will be. (By then the kid will be getting REALLY expensive, so I KNOW what the answer will be )
Old 05-29-09, 06:03 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

well i refuse to do a lease, and i would be willing to pay a little more than what he is talking about a month to shorten then term of the loan (but i won't tell him that). i really don't have time to get stressed out about this right now, i have a big tourney tomorrow and i am on fish big time
Old 05-29-09, 06:09 PM   #4
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
well i refuse to do a lease, and i would be willing to pay a little more than what he is talking about a month to shorten then term of the loan (but i won't tell him that). i really don't have time to get stressed out about this right now, i have a big tourney tomorrow and i am on fish big time
That's it, you just jinxed it. Way to go, big shot.

Seriously, pay off your truck, ride it till the wheels fall off. Meanwhile, pay yourself a phony "car payment" every month, keep it in a separate account, and use that for either a big ol' down payment, or write a check for when you finally do have to get something else.

Oh, and having to get rid of the Trans Am really does suck. That's a fine car.
Old 05-29-09, 06:12 PM   #5
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
That's it, you just jinxed it. Way to go, big shot.

Seriously, pay off your truck, ride it till the wheels fall off. Meanwhile, pay yourself a phony "car payment" every month, keep it in a separate account, and use that for either a big ol' down payment, or write a check for when you finally do have to get something else.

Oh, and having to get rid of the Trans Am really does suck. That's a fine car.
that's the direction i am leaning. just haven't made my mind up 100% yet.
Old 05-29-09, 06:13 PM   #6
carolina-rig-01

another thing to consider:

as was proved at ky lake.........toyotas can catch fish hahahaha
Old 05-29-09, 06:27 PM   #7
csparks643
BassFishin.Com Member

How much does she want for it, im hunting for one around that year
csparks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 09:55 PM   #8
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by csparks643 View Post
How much does she want for it, im hunting for one around that year
it's a done deal, we just got back from the dealership. i can hook you up with their number if you want.
Old 05-29-09, 11:11 PM   #9
csparks643
BassFishin.Com Member

Do they have a web site, if i had a kid, it would be in the back of the trans am, LOL, love the darn things
csparks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 11:53 PM   #10
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sounds like others listen to the Ramsey man around here. A guy I used to ride to work with had 1 too many dewskies (DUI). Our set up was that if he could make to my house, I would drive his 25th anniversary trans-am and he would cover the bills to drive as long as I would drive for him. Man that car could hook up and run. I know the deals on the Yotas are tempting but I would run it for a while and save up for the other one.
Old 05-30-09, 01:16 AM   #11
carolina-rig-01

yeah it really kinda sucks now that the car is gone, that thing was crazy fast. the fastest i ever got it up to was between 145 and 155 back when brit and i were dating. if i remember right the car was only turning about 5 grand. i backed out of it but there was a lot more left on the table, really would have liked to see what she would have done. we did put her through her paces as we drove her to the dealership though, a lot of tire burning between my house and the dealership.

bubba, i don't know if they have a website but you can google fletcher nissan and fletcher toyota in joplin and see where that leads you.
Old 05-30-09, 07:28 AM   #12
bamabassman

kory, i like what daniel said. man there are gonna be some BETTER deals coming pretty soon. stay the course and you'll see. personally i hate the tundras. ugly trucks in my opion. to me there aren't ANY (not even chevy's) trucks out there today that i like, looks wise or performance wise. yes i do love my chevy. but if i were to get another truck....... think i would buy and old one like i have or older and restore it. make it the way i want it. you can save alot of money and it'll be paid for too. also it will be exactly the way YOU want it.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.