Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 01-09-12, 09:08 PM   #1
basslover12345
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Large soft plastics binder

Does anyone know of any large soft plastics binders that can hold like 20 packs of plastics at a time?
basslover12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 09:11 PM   #2
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Browning makes one...I've tried those things but never liked them. You might love it.
Old 01-09-12, 10:15 PM   #3
joedog

Hope it helps.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...0200096/133178
http://www.basspro.com/Plano-Kevin-V...2774900/225157
Old 01-09-12, 10:31 PM   #4
Scott the fishman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I got one my brother bought it for me with the bags in. I love it but the bags aren't great i broke like 3 out of possible 25. You need to open it a certain way or they break other then that great. I use it for my craws all neat and organized.
Old 01-10-12, 11:21 PM   #5
IowaBasser

I like the looks of the "Bass Pro Shops Extreme Double Worm Binder Bag" (It's the first link in joedog's post.)

I just bought one for my dad for Christmas... I say I bought it for my dad, but the truth is he doesn't fish soft plastics a whole bunch, and our plastics have become combined over the last 2 years, so I kind of got it for both of us. (He has a house on a private lake where I most often fish and keep all my tackle.) I've read that the binder-bags can tear - so you have to be careful with them. Overall it looks promising!
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:03 AM   #6
Jrob78

The BPS Double Worm Binder is a really nice bag, capable of holding a lot of plastics. I had one that looked like it had a bowling ball stuffed inside it. It weighed a ton. The bags did wear out eventually but the bag itself held up great and you can buy more bags.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...0200096/133178
Old 01-11-12, 08:45 PM   #7
bassboogieman

I tried them and they don't hold enough - for me, anyway. I have several soft sided 6-pack beverage coolers (I think I found them on sale at Wallmart for 4.99) to hold a lot of my plastics. Holds a couple dozen original bags and I keep the hooks and sinkers I use with the baits in the cooler side and front pockets, so I have everything together. I have one strictly for Senko style baits, another for worms and another for finesse baits. I may soon add another one or two for tubes and creature baits that are now confined in a Plano box.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 09:34 PM   #8
Koticheck
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Koticheck
Default great gg

verrryy great ;-)
Koticheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-12, 09:28 AM   #9
lilmule

I dont bag any of my rubber anymore,a few spares are left in the purchase bag often at home,I put them in plano boxes no mess,no fuss ,no breakage.
Senkos in several,tubes in one ,bushhogs,sweet beavers,10-12 in ,8-10 in worms ,horny toads,ribbets,flukes in another all easy to find as all in a catagory.And best of all no loose packs in a storage bin.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-12, 09:08 PM   #10
basshunter21

I dont mean to hijack this thread, but how do most of you guys carry your plastics? I need to figure out a convenient method
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 08:56 AM   #11
IowaBasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshunter21 View Post
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but how do most of you guys carry your plastics? I need to figure out a convenient method
I used to carry them in my tackle box - I took out a couple of plano-boxes that fit inside my tackle box to make room. The vacant space held 6 bags of soft plastics well. When I got to 10 bags of soft plastic it was crammed full. Now I have an over-sized travel kit (toiletry bag - shaving kit, whatever you call it?) - I'm not even sure where the toiletry bag came from - it's bretty big. It held a dozen bags of plastics pretty well, but when I got to about 16, it was crammed full. Now I'm going to try the double-sided binder.

A side note: I'm going to order the finesse binder and modify it (my girlfriend sews) so it holds a couple of small plano boxes on the outside. This will be my canoe-tackle-box, the one I carry for smallmouth. (I've been trying to downsize my canoe-tackle-box for a while now.)
IowaBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-12, 04:55 PM   #12
OkobojiEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshunter21 View Post
how do most of you guys carry your plastics?
Outside pocket of soft side tackle bag designed to hold 3600 sized Plano box. I mix similar colored baits together in whichever plastic bag is available and not torn apart.

oe
OkobojiEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 02:02 AM   #13
the pyromaniac

I have a duffel bag just for plastics, but then again I probably carry 40 bags.
the pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 10:24 AM   #14
gonefishin3

i use both a plano box and worm bags... i like both.. the plano boxes take up more room than the worm bags.. they also make "speed bags" i have a friend who loves those he keeps zoom in one yamamoto in another ect ect.
gonefishin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 10:47 AM   #15
bigbasser

Send a message via ICQ to bigbasser
Default storage

Basslover I have the speedbag, it comes in a couple sizes. bigbasser
( www.tacklewarehouse.com/Soft_Bait_Storage/catpage-tssb.html )
bigbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 11:41 AM   #16
lilmule

Ive done the bag and binder route cant find what i need easily,the plano box may take up more room as wont fold etc,but can see clearly whats in them and have a fluke box several senko boxes all in order,nothing mixed together.
Many a time knew what i wanted just couldnt find it.
And if fishing a T prefishing is supposed to eliminate a lot that can be left at home.
I run an allison 2002 and space is a premium,not a luxury.
Currently running a 17 ft hydrosport (still have the alley)which has much more storage yet like my box routine,bought the thing for the outboard and looks to good to trash so running it on a temp basis.and yes on ky lake,just pick and choose when and where,not a run 40 mile type boat.
But can take all my hard baits and most of my plastic all in nice neat boxes,all the same type baits in each just different colors etc.I also take a small bag of mixed rubber each in their own individual pkg have a much harder time sorting thru them than whats in the boxes.

Last edited by lilmule; 01-20-12 at 11:47 AM.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.