Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-05, 10:44 PM   #1
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy
Default pressure change tonight

Storms come and go, I usually try to get off the water
before they hit, esp. if I see lightning anywhere on the horizon.
Tonight me and Denny are out in this 90f/n degree heat, but to our delight it was really windy from the south, he's throwing crankbaits and fluke, and frog, I got the pop R (which I lost a feather to on fish smack),
and have a spinnerbait on and a culprit,
He gets couple nice ones one the frog, I swung one up to the boat on a punkin n pepper culprit worm, finally get another one on the calm shore, but as we are fishing we knew there was a killer storm hitting INDY
and now on its way, we live on the ohio / ind. border..
so out of no where we could feel the pressure change, our ears clogged up n popped, and just prior to this the fish became real active...
I finally got some hits on the pop r but no takers, I miss one cus I was yakkin to Denmeister ...lol.....
the sky got a funky pink hue to it and grey storm clouds, we kept trying to get off the water but kept on casting, it hadn't lightninged yet...about 8:30 decide to put the boat up and go back to his truck , only to find a solid white peacock on his truck bed lid LOL
he was pisssed...my unkie Estil has a big farm with a lake and raises birds lol ..heres a pic..
[img] http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/whitepck.jpg [/img]
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 03:19 PM   #2
bearpaw
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bearpaw
Default Re: pressure change tonight

If the pressure rises, you had better bear down. The fish may get tight to cover and shut down on there bites. They can still be caught, you just have to be quieter and more deliberate with your presentation.
Drop your bait on there heads and chances are that they will strike. (maybe)
You may have to go to dead sticking a senko type bait. Thats what we have done during big tournaments and after a cold front. They may nock the heck out of it, or may bite very lightly.
bearpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 03:31 PM   #3
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

never have seen an albino pecock
Old 06-06-05, 07:45 PM   #4
bass72542
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bass72542

cool pic
bass72542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-05, 07:56 PM   #5
jglassguy
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jglassguy

thanks for the info bassman, that pretty much says what actually did happen, the barometer was falling before we went out and after I got home it was on the rise again, a cold front of sorts went though, but no temp change, its still hot a heck here.
So often in bass fishing you DO have to about hit them on the head, or pretty close.
I remember my very first tournie in ohio, I was up at Indian lake, a shallow lake with tons of junky homes around parts of it and loaded with pads and other stuff for bass to hide, I actually saw my jig hit the back of a bass that was in about 8 inches of water, but
unfortunately it freaked the bass about and she jumped
and was gone.
I did catch a freak of nature that tournie tho and got big bass jackpot and 2nd place, got 280 for the one bass
and less than that for the 2nd,, the bass had a super big head and mouth , but a stunted tail, it looked like a 7 pounder but only weighed 3.8.. I got a plague on the wall for it lol
I drew an old guy that had a nice boat , but was in poor health, he let me run the front all day, I had never done that and was skeered to death, he caught on early onewith a spinnerbait n got a lawn chair out and sat in the back all day and coached me to slow down 8)
jglassguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.