Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-02-12, 05:43 PM   #1
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Davy Hite Pro Chip "Changing Bass Fishing"

Some of you may have heard this most I'm sure haven't, just as I hadn't until yesterday. As alot of you know I own my own B&T Store McKee Outdoors in TN. Yesterday I became the East TN dealer for Pro Chip.

This is the coolest thing I have ever gotten to see. You can go to http://www.davyhiteprochip.com/ to check it out, but please call me to order if you would want to order lol.

What the chip does. We have all spent countless hours driving around lakes looking for new waypoints and spots to fish. My new friend John has developed a product that is ready to use on any GPS unit and what it does is have every way point in that particular lake.

John has taken old pre lake maps, pictures of lakes at extremely low levels, and FLW and Elite Series guys way points and put them on a chip that you can have. You basically take 15 years or more of driving around and learning a lake like the back of your hand and you download it in 2 minutes. It is an amazing product and it is being used by FLW and Elite Series pro's right now and has been for 3 or 4 years.

If anyone is interested or would like to know please feel free to contact me at 865-856-8899, email me at matt3mckee@gmail.com , or find me on facebook at Matthew Logan McKee. This is seriously the coolest thing I have came in contact with since opening the store and please feel free to ask me any questions at all.

Talk to everyone soon
Matt
matt3mckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 02:18 PM   #2
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Matt-are these for individual lakes? That is the impression I get. I have the Navionics chip that covers all the lakes I fish, but lake specific seems like it would be a good thing for really getting to know a particular lake.
Old 08-03-12, 03:05 PM   #3
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

It is lake specific, and it goes alot deeper than the navionics chip. It shows things that don't show up on the normal chip. On the website it has a quote by Davy Hite talking about pro's lineing up taking a ticket for a spot. i got that whole story from John and it's really cool and too long to type but long story shot a few years ago Hite led a G-ville elite tourney the first 3 days on a spot that didn't show up on his normal GPS unit that no one else knew about and ended up losing by 2 oz the Reese. Said he didn't see another pro even drive by him all week and he was on that roadbed most of the time.
But this unit has each way point opn whichever lake you want labeled and ready for you. Crazy I get my demo from him on Monday or Tues it shipped out today so i can't wait to have mine
Old 08-03-12, 05:52 PM   #4
bamabassman

would it work on an OLD gps finder? like i have an LMS 240. and how much?
Old 08-03-12, 06:33 PM   #5
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

I called John and his words were if it has a port for a chip then yes it will work, he said he might have to do an update but as long as it has aport for a chip he can make it work. There are 3 prices
1 Lake- $199.99
3 Lake- $529.99
5 Lake- $699.99
Old 08-03-12, 06:37 PM   #6
bamabassman

WHOA!!!! lol, ok...well as much as i would LOVE to have one for g'ville...i jsut can't afford it right now. thanks though for real. sounds like an awesum chip.
Old 08-03-12, 06:39 PM   #7
bamabassman

i didn't mean that to sound like it was too high. ok? i jsut saw $700.00 and kinda typed before i could think. hahaha!if i were a tourny person, i would go for it in a heartbeat.
Old 08-03-12, 08:10 PM   #8
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey no I understand. When the guy told me about it he said some people are going to be turned off right away by the price, and i admit I was taken back with it when he first told me. He said that was his price and the reason was becasue there was nothing out there like it and the information is worth it. The way explained to me was true, when you think of how much time and gas goes into looking for every spot to fish on a lake it would take alot more than $200, and with gas prices as they are right now that can make it's money back very soon. He sets the price I just try and move the product haha. But yeah this is going to be something used by the tourney guys and especially BFL, I've had several BFL guys who are interesed in getting them for the BFL Lakes they will be fishing next year. But feel free to speak, like I said I know everyone can't do it and I'm not a pushy salesman at all lol. But if anyone is interested please feel free to ask. And if anyone just wants to ask questions and talk please feel free and I'll try to answer.

Thanks
Matt
Old 08-08-12, 08:38 AM   #9
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Alright got my first run of chips in and here's what one customer said about the chip

Customer who got my first Pro Chip on Lake Chicamagua in TN.

" Yes this thing looks great, I was hoping for more spots around Cotton Port because thats where I don't really know where to fish, but I guess there just isn't that much there. There are alot more than I knew around Harrison Bay and I'm very happy with the info. I am going to get one for Tellico really soon."

As soon as our Startus gets out of the shop I will have my 898 back and I can plug mine in to look. I will give more updates as I get them in. I have now sold 7 chips and have about 15 people that want to come by the store and look at mine as soon as I can demo it in the store. 865-856-8899 Thanks everyone

Matt
Old 08-15-12, 01:00 PM   #10
DVT Mike
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Isn't the ability to find and pattern fish the challenge? Most anyone can catch fish if parked on top of them. The time invested in gathering data is what sets top anglers apart from weekend warriors. I have mixed emotions about this, but regardless good luck with your venture.
Old 08-16-12, 10:49 AM   #11
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

Understand your thoughts and have had several people talk to me about it in the store and threw email or the phone. But I'll be 100% honest with you and everyone else, this is something that I can sell and make money to keep my new store open with. The big plus for this isn't the weekend warrior persay, not saying that that guy couldn't use this and be more successful because you can. But I see this used and helping the BFL guys and things like that. I have talked to several BFl guys that want them for help pre fishing lakes they don't normally fish. So it will lower cost and time finding where and what to fish on the day of a tournament. Please keep questions and comments coming. I knew this would be won thing that would come up and I totally understand the concern and thought. I didn't invent the chip just am a dealer for it and it's something that is a toold just like everything else. Just because you know the spots by no way means your going to catch them there. Just evens the playing field to some who don't know the lakes as much. Also pro's are using it and it made sense when he told me some of the people using it this year and how fast they can find fish in totally different water than they normally fish. Thanks again guys keep asking and talking.

Matt
Old 08-16-12, 03:21 PM   #12
lilmule
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

They while costly contain a lot of things not on any hotspot map,for large bodies of water they give you several chips to cover the lake with.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:12 PM   #13
WTL

That would be better for some lakes rather than others. For G'ville, I wouldnt invest in it anyway as Gville is so grass intensive, and that is going to vary from year to year.
Old 08-19-12, 11:34 PM   #14
lilmule

Ky lake has lots of grass this year its coming back lol,but the most important spots on his for lakes is the deeper drops in channel bends muscle beds etc ,not much grass at 18 ft -22 ft normally but those are more important to ledge fishermen.At 200 a pop guess its up to the individual as to weather or not its worth it.
Old 08-20-12, 09:46 AM   #15
matt3mckee
BassFishin.Com Member

WTL- your definatly right, some lakes it's going to be much more helpful than others. Not saying it wouldn't be great for G-ville because it's going to give you an advantage if you don't know that lake at all. But yes the chip will benefit the lakes that you are not going to be in 6 ft of water or less on. Example KY Lake has just under 2,000 waypoints on it because it is a deeper lake with more stuff to fish. Keep them going and if anyone needs anything just give me a shout. Thanks guys

Matt
Old 08-20-12, 10:04 AM   #16
lilmule

Yes be better for deeper lakes like Lanier,bull shoals,they also will cut you a deal on several maps such as Barkley and Ky in a pkg,yet still a lot of denaro.
If fishing a lot of T on lakes like this would be an advantage,in a lake like G ville doubt if it would be near the advantage but im sure still be helpfull,dunno if it would be 200 bucks worth of help.
I played around a bit with nav planner 2 enc and some file changers create my own anymore,yet its the map info one bases it on that is or what makes the net end result.
His have a lot of personal waypoints included.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.