Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-29-14, 12:06 PM   #1
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson
Default .....and ya can't shoot em....

Feel free to add your experiences, I know you all have some!

So, last night the GF stops over for pizza and the latest country music awards show.

She was out of diet pepsi in the fridge, so she brought a warm can (of diet pepsi) in, and threw it in the freezer.

I thought nothing of it......

About 15 minutes later, I needed to refresh my Castillo n Coke.
Added a splash of rum....put my glass under the ice dispenser....got a few cubes, then BANG!...and fizz starts pouring into my glass from the ice dispenser....WHICH IS WHERE SHE PUT HER CAN (of diet pepsi)!!!!!
The auger shredded that can like a fiberglass boat hittin an underwater stump at Mach 2!

Good thing girls are pretty......
Old 04-29-14, 12:39 PM   #2
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I'm at work about 2 hours ago, and my cell phone rings. It's my wife. First thing she says is, "Don't laugh at me. I just had a 'first' in my new car."
I said, "Ok, where are you now? You lock your keys in the car?"
She says, "No, I ran out of gas. I'm about 1/4 mile from a gas station." Turns out, she was a lot closer than that....there was only a car wash then 50' more to the gas station she was headed for.
I told her to get walking and call me if she has a problem. If she hadn't been so close to the gas station, of course I'd have gone to get her, but maybe she'll learn....
Old 04-29-14, 01:32 PM   #3
bassboogieman

The gas gauge IS working? Then how in the heck do you run out of gas? Oh that's right you're not gay Daniel so that makes your wife female. I understand now. If it's a new or relatively new car, remind her when the gauge points to E, the fuel light comes on and the bell starts dinging the time stop at the NEXT gas station is past. Last tip - don't let her run the boat, tow boat is expensive and walking is out of the question. Give Luann my best...
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-14, 04:12 PM   #4
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
The gas gauge IS working? Then how in the heck do you run out of gas? Oh that's right you're not gay Daniel so that makes your wife female. I understand now. If it's a new or relatively new car, remind her when the gauge points to E, the fuel light comes on and the bell starts dinging the time stop at the NEXT gas station is past. Last tip - don't let her run the boat, tow boat is expensive and walking is out of the question. Give Luann my best...
Well, first she claimed that the little light didn't come on and the bell didn't sound until last night when she was on her way home from the drugstore, which is about 2 miles from the house. So instead of driving right by the house to go get gas, she figured she would stop on her way to take the kids to daycare this morning. Problem is, she only made it about half a mile when she ran out.
When I told her that didn't sound right, that it would warn her when she still had maybe 2-3 gallons left, she said, "Well, it came on sometime yesterday.....I did drive a little while after it came on, but I didn't go many places yesterday. Daycare, Dr's office, Walmart, home. Then daycare, Walgreens, a friend's house, home."
Ok, 3-4 miles to daycare, a couple more to the Dr, a 2-3 more to the Dr, then 10ish home. 3-4 miles to daycare again, 5 or so to Walgreens, 2 more to the friend's house, 3 more home.
After she said that, it all makes more sense to me. I was worried the gas gauge wasn't working right or something. But to be (somewhat) fair, we've only had that car for about 3 weeks now, so she's still getting used to it. She liked to ride the "E" on the gauge in her old car, and maybe this car doesn't give her as much notice as the other one.
Anyway....now she knows.
Old 04-30-14, 09:16 PM   #5
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

For the life of me, I don't know how my wife has managed to NOT run out of gas. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've looked at her gas gauge to see the needle barely above E and told her she needs to fuel up. To which she replies, oh, there is plenty of gas. I'll be fine for a couple days. Makes me cringe when she says that. But, I've never seen her run dry yet. She must be slipping in a couple dollars of gas behind my back just to drive me nuts. haha

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.