Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-06, 02:30 PM   #1
JoeK57
BassFishin.Com Member

Exclamation PETA anti-fishing alert

I just saw this! Any suggestions for how to respond?

Calling All PETA Activists!
We’re unveiling PETA’s newest tool to protect animals! Check out our beautiful, brand-new, state-of-the-art activist tool to help fish. [http://www.fishinghurts.com/RoboFish.asp]
Using remote controls, pro-fish activists can direct robotic fish to circle anglers’ boats and emit very loud noises, thereby scaring away all the fish and saving them from horrible injuries and deaths on anglers’ hooks.
We need your help to put our school of robo-fish into action! If you want to use one of PETA’s robo-fish to disrupt fishing tournaments in your area, please let me know.
We already have team leaders for the following three tournaments, and they would love to have your help! Please contact me right away if you want to get involved.
  • Five Alive Bassmasters “Buddy Bass Tournament” at Assunpink Lake in New Jersey
  • Wal-Mart Walleye League in Trenton, Michigan
  • IFA Redfish Tour in Lafitte, Louisiana
There are dozens more tournaments on our radar. If you’re willing to help out, we can send you a robo-fish with operating instructions and find a tournament for you. Please send me your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number if you would like to receive a loaner robo-fish.
Just a few hours of your time can save hundreds of fish from horrible pain and suffering. PETA has found that the robo-fish are 100 percent effective. Imagine the looks on anglers’ faces after spending an entire day trying to impale unsuspecting fish and coming away with nothing!
Thanks again for all that you do for animals. I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Karin Robertson, Manager
Fish Empathy Project
JoeK57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 02:35 PM   #2
Bass Ackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Wow, that thing looks cool

Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 02:39 PM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Everybody write in for one then "conveniently" lose it, or get close with a big topwater with a lot of trebles and make a few "errant" casts.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
Old 03-30-06, 02:48 PM   #4
I_Bass_Fish
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to I_Bass_Fish
Thumbs down

Straight from the site itself:

Without any legal protection from cruel treatment, fish are impaled, crushed, suffocated, or sliced open and gutted, all while they're fully conscious.

The methods used to kill fish are shocking and horrifying. Fish are so hideously abused that it would warrant felony cruelty charges if the victims were dogs or cats (or even cows or pigs). Some countries are making improvements: The EU includes fish in its cruelty-to-animals statute, and Norway closed down a fish farm for cruelty to cod. However, all countries have extremely inadequate protection for fish, and the U.S. and Canada have no protection for them at all.

Imagine reaching for an apple on a tree and having your hand suddenly impaled by a metal hook that drags you—the whole weight of your body pulling on that one hand—out of the air and into an atmosphere in which you cannot breathe. This is what fish experience when they are hooked for “sport.” Why not let fish enjoy the beautiful day, too, by leaving your fishing gear at home?

Wow. What a bunch of idiots.
I_Bass_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 03:15 PM   #5
KenDammit
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

imagine a world where everyone has to compete for food and we revert to primitive tactics against one another to get something to eat...only, there isn't enough "plant matter" left because there are so many animals running around eating all the greenspace that we cannot have any for ourselves without killing them. After that, imagine finding yourself face to face with a bear, a tiger, a lion, an antlered deer, alligator, so on and so on, because its allowed to roam the public streets, parks, anywhere it pleases..because "animals have rights, too". Imagine a world where no new discoveries in medicine will happen at a rapid enough pace because we cannot test and use animals for new medicines and cures. Can we let them kill someone and then imprison them for life like we do humans? Is the value of an animals life worth more than that of a humans?

I think we should bomb PETA so they can get a since of the terrorism they are inflicting on the world and especially America.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 03:32 PM   #6
Mnavarro
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mnavarro

just what we need, more PETA pyscos
Mnavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 03:46 PM   #7
Bass Ackwards
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I am a catch and release fisherman but if there was a PETA protest going on I think I would gut a fish right in front of them and when they approached me to stop me I would punch him/her (I'm all about equal rights) right in the mouth and claim that I felt threatened.
Bass Ackwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 03:55 PM   #8
JB

well with 500 gazillon fisherman around the world, good luck to peta on getting that many robot fish in the waters...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 04:08 PM   #9
crankybait
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

OH MY GOD!!! theyrescrewing up assunpink!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i was planning on fishing there tomorrow! holy turds ill freakin destroy every last robofish by hand if i have to
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 04:29 PM   #10
Mnavarro
BassFishin.Com Member

this whole fish thing wont work. peta is just a bunch a fools together with nothing better to do with their dull boring lives. any of ya see the south park with peta
Old 03-30-06, 04:34 PM   #11
KenDammit

I don't think they realize that if you allowed fish to live "free" that they'd eventually kill themselves by starvation, predation, or some other ation. Same will all other animals.
KenDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 04:43 PM   #12
flbassman

What about rigging up a big ole egg weight with a treble hook, and maybe some stinkbait on coveniently frayed 4 to 6 pound line and slinging it in their general direction. You know, allow them to feel the "hideous abuse" the fish get. If I ever see a dirty tofu sucker like one of them scaring fish away, I honestly don't know what I'd do. I did like Bass ackwards idea though
Old 03-30-06, 04:54 PM   #13
Mnavarro
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah, u know that those will never, ever come out. the only thing peta ever does is throw blood on people
Old 03-30-06, 04:56 PM   #14
Mnavarro
BassFishin.Com Member

yeah i wouldnt call this the smartest idea. why would you put a really expensive machine in the water with fishermen who dont like it, and have the opportunity to destroy it? not peta's smartest move
Old 03-30-06, 05:41 PM   #15
betursweetbass

Send a message via Yahoo to betursweetbass

Silly PETA people, God gave man the right to dominate the animals of the world, and even after some bloody and senseless times back in the early days, we have come to understand our responsibility to the other species we share the earth with. Today's animals have far better chances of living the life they where meant too. If they want to pester someone, I say go after the big coporations that hire men to do the slaughering for them. Leave the working man alone, we are not looking to slaughter anything.
Today....most any avid fisherman will go out of his way to make sure that they do not needlessly harm the fish they are fishing for. Some still keep fish for food, but this recent PETA plan, is well another reason why I say the definition for PETA = Pathetic Endividuals Think Alike
betursweetbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 05:55 PM   #16
crankybait

you know, these peta people wouldnt even exist if our ancestors didnt use there barbaric fish killing methods... to eat, one must kill. and to kill, one must inflict pain. i think i read somewhere that plants feel pain too... why dooesnt anybody care about plant abuse?
Old 03-30-06, 06:04 PM   #17
Bender

I'm a member of PETA (people eating tasty animals).
What they deserve:

What they will get:
right up side the head.

My ex joined that crap, very soon after that we were divorced. And you guys think your ex-s were bad.

Last edited by Bender; 03-30-06 at 06:30 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 06:06 PM   #18
crankybait

the what they deserve pic doesnt show
Old 03-30-06, 06:25 PM   #19
Bender

Sorry cranky, probably for the better, it is a HK USP 45 pistol. FIXED
Now this is a lot better:

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-06, 06:29 PM   #20
Mnavarro
BassFishin.Com Member

much much better
Old 03-30-06, 06:40 PM   #21
flbassman

beautiful photo shop bender
Old 03-30-06, 08:05 PM   #22
Rebbasser

Bender, that makes a good looking crankbait!
Old 03-30-06, 08:14 PM   #23
crankybait

wait, so are they erally going to make it so that all the fish in Assunpink are uncatchable? thats one of my 3 fishin places
Old 03-30-06, 08:35 PM   #24
flbassman

Cranky, you'll still be able to catch 'em. They can't keep an eye on every fish. BTW, if you get a chance, punch one of them tree huggin, latte sucking, dirty vegetarian greenies right in the face. Or the throat. Or the gut. Or kick them in the knee. Snag them on accident. Hit them in the crotch with a 3/4 oz. sinker. So many wonderfully violent options. (Sorry, I'm not usually like this, but my week has sucked, and those nutless PETA fools are the easiest people to take it out on.)
Old 03-31-06, 02:46 AM   #25
Jackl

I like the idea of ordering out some of these doo-dads and dropping them in the lake as instructed. Just forget to turn them on. OOPS, sorry 'bout that, were they expensive???

JackL

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.