Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 08-11-11, 12:33 AM   #1
Bassman96
BassFishin.Com Member

Question Garcia rods?

Wondering what you guys thought of Abu Garcias line. Verdict, Veritas, Vendetta, Vengance. I wanna know of any breaks or malfunctions. Thanks!
Old 08-11-11, 07:35 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have a Vendetta rod for my froggin rod that see's lots of action. So far it's done everything I wanted it to flawlessly and has held up well. Strong, light and responsive. My brother recently purchased one and to hear him talk, it's the best rod he's owned. For the price, they are hard to beat.
Old 08-11-11, 08:02 AM   #3
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I own a 6'6" M/H Extra Fast Action verdict and it is by far the most sensitive rod i've ever felt. the handle is also neat, the guides are very nice, and the rod itself is light and balanced
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 09:17 AM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've got a Vendetta, 7'6" MH F that was intended to be my flipping stick. It still covers flippin' stick duties, but is mainly my small swimbait rod. Definitely not the lightest, most sensitive, or balanced rod, I wouldn't say it's lacking in any of these categories for it's price.

I still like to pitch with my 7' MBR844C IMX rather than flip with a 7'6" rod.

There were some breakage problems with the first run of Veritas rods, but since then I haven't heard anything other than the usual stuff. I personally haven't heard anything with the newer Veritas rods or the Vendettas or Verdicts.

Abu makes a good rod for the price. Balanced, sensitive for the price, and exceptional components for the price. However, the tradeoff for these things (mostly the better components) is the lack of craftsmanship in the rods (which really is found on most of the "budget sticks"). It's nothing that will affect your fishing, but I also like my rods to look nice. But many people couldn't care less, so it's just a matter of opinion.

BB
Old 08-11-11, 09:41 AM   #5
mrmuskie5

I have two veritas rods and two vendettas. I love my veritas rods i will say my 7' med hvy broke the first week i had it (Biggbassin is right about the firrst run) but it was exchanged no questioned asked and ive been happy ever since. for the vendettas I too have a flippin stick that is used as my frog rod, i have lost 2 eyelets in that rod but other than that it is a decent stick. my buddy has a vengence flippin stick and that thing is a pool cue with guides (heavy and STIFF) and he has lost and I replaced all but 3 eyelets.
mrmuskie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-11, 10:19 PM   #6
SaminVa

I have 3 veritas.. 2 of the 7'6"" for froggin & jiggin, & a 7' med action spinning.. like them both very much for the $$$ 89.00 from Dicks
Old 08-11-11, 11:11 PM   #7
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I have a few of these rods, the only problem that I have had is one of the Vendetta rods seperated from the reel seat. Gander Mountain exchanged it on the spot.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.