Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 03-16-05, 11:00 PM   #1
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver
Default JackL I'm coming closer to your demeaner

Well I must say I'm starting to loose it more often nowadays. Â*I've been here so dang long, that I'm starting to turn Old and Cranky with all the crap I have been seeing. Â*Not neccessarily the posters fault, just my patience is getting used up. Â*Hope I don't go ballistic. Â*Well then again maybe I do. Â*How about you too Bassintom

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 09:34 AM   #2
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd
Default Re: JackL I'm coming closer to your demeaner

You can throw my name into that hat too.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 11:08 AM   #3
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to jeffman

LIZARDS/CAJUN,

Â* Â* I think it is because the site is being inundated with smart-mouthed, uneducated little dweebs that thier parents are tired of putting up with. So they buy them a computer and turn them loose on the internet to get them out of the parents hair.
Â* Â* You can't hardly blame the kids, the parents are sadly lacking in that they do not spend any time with thier kids, nurturing thier intrests or thier school work. The parents don't care if the kids do not use proper english as long as they don't have to listen to it. They expect the teachers to take care of the problem. The teachers can't take care of the problem, because the school system is not allowed to disipline the children. They can give them "time out" in another room where the kids are allowed to do whatever they want, which is the way the kids wanted it in the first place.
Â* Â* So, we end up as baby sitters for a bunch of spoiled, smart mouthed little brats that need thier a$$ kicked, while we are trying to carry on civilized conversations.
Â* Â* I will admit that some of the kids are probably interested in fishing and learning all they can about the sport, but thier rudeness, smart mouth, poor grammar and worse spelling just flat turns me off. I would rather see them in the bottom of the lake than on the lake.
Â* Â* Well, I guess I have vented long enough. I probably better start sandbagging the battlements and get ready for the coming barrage!

JackL
jeffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 11:31 AM   #4
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

maybe i'm just a grumpy old man,but i refuse to play the kid games.
if the poster doesn't use proper grammar or have his/her profile filled out i cannot be expected to take them seriously.
most of the kids here are rude and illiterate.why waste my time with them.i see you other guys replying to them and i commend you for trying to help them,but i don't think they appreciate the vast wealth of knowledge on this site.kevin has a lot of good stuff posted,but they're not reading any of it.they just come on with their idiotic posts and stupid questions.
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 12:01 PM   #5
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zman

I agree with everybody, this site has the odd effect of making me feel much older than I really am. Â*It is incredible to note the disconnect between the generation to which I belong and this new generation. Â*You could see it starting when I was a kid with the popularization of video games, the time out method, the over prescribing of ritalin, ect, but not until now have the full effects of all that have become clear. Â*We have a nation of brats!
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 07:09 PM   #6
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

I know Jack. Â*I think that's the way I am too. Â*It's pretty hard to take a question like "Wat do U think" seriously. Â*Here lately I've tried giving stupid answers to stupid questions, but sarcasam seems to escape them. Â*I don't mind answering the same questions over and over, but it drives me up the wall to see posts that look more like a monkey with a typewriter wrote it, than someone who might have a half a brain. Not spelling a word right is one thing. That's understandable. A typo is one thing. "Cre8tive" spelling is an entirely different animal.

So to all you people, young, old or in between, who think it "cute" to spell like a dyslexic spider monkey. Â*Sorry boys and girls. Â*I'm too old to learn new tricks. Â*Frankly YOU are the ones coming here for advice. Â*Now you can ask one another for advice all you want to, and you'll be one 14 year old, asking another 14 year old for advice. Â*Guess what. Â*They don't know any more than you do. Â*Or you can actually make an effort to make yourself understood, and maybe the people who really know how to tie a knot, or how to fish a crankbait, or set a hook will help you. Â*It's really up to you in the end, isn't it?
By the way. Â*There is a wonderful invention called puncutation. Â*USE IT. Â*

Did any of you older folks ever think you'd be looking back at all that time you spent in English class and saying "THANK YOU MRS. SMITH". Â*And to think. Â*I was a "D" student.
Old 03-17-05, 07:30 PM   #7
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

''It's pretty hard to take a question like "Wat do U think" seriously.'' man, if thats reffering to my post, then u seriously need to lighten up. i dont see the big deal. wat sounds just the same as what. the only thing different is the 'h' isnt there. and u sounds just the same as you. what is the big deal? its not like every other word is shortened. i get frustrated to when i cant even make out the word, but when its just a few words and not every word is shortened, i dont see the big deal. i've already corrected my spelling with ''what''.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 07:50 PM   #8
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassfisher, with you thats the point - I don't see what the big deal is, you know how to spell correctly. Â*Do it. Â*Make it a habit. Â*It will be easier on you in the longrun. Â*You are a very good poster for being so young, but if you make that extra effort then some might actually even forget that you are a kid. Â*
Old 03-17-05, 07:52 PM   #9
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

Go back and re-read LIZARDS original post, CAJUNS post, WTL'S post and the first sentence of my original post. Do you really want to alianate the older group against you? You will end up learning your answers from questions others ask, because you will be ignored. The more you fight the system, the more the system will fight you, and you will LOSE!
Why is it that at 13 kids think they know it all and have all the answers, then at 31 they start to realize that there is a whole lot they don't know and a lot of things they don't have answers to?

JackL
Old 03-17-05, 07:58 PM   #10
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Bassfisher, I used your post, because it was the last one I had paid any attention to. Â*That's all. Â*Don't get your panties in a wad.

Actually WTL has a point. Â*You do make good posts except for the tendency to make yourself sound like you're illiterate. Â*Don't do that to yourself. Â*You're better than that.
Old 03-17-05, 08:23 PM   #11
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=bassfisher02 link=board=Tourneys;num=1111069374;start=0#6 date=03/17/05 at 17:30:34]''It's pretty hard to take a question like "Wat do U think" seriously.'' man, if thats reffering to my post, then u seriously need to lighten up. i dont see the big deal. wat sounds just the same as what. the only thing different is the 'h' isnt there. and u sounds just the same as you. what is the big deal? its not like every other word is shortened. i get frustrated to when i cant even make out the word, but when its just a few words and not every word is shortened, i dont see the big deal. i've already corrected my spelling with ''what''. [/quote]

Look we aren't trying to pick on you, it's the whole issue. If you notice almost everyone of these posts has been edited, including yours Why, because we all do make errors, even after re-reading them. So when we see it up on the board wrong we go back and correct it. Because it is important to us. Maybe it isn't to you, but listen to what JackL, just said. It's just like life, which you'll learn as you go. If you buck the system, then the system will buck back. Rarely can you win a battle like that whether you agree or not. Keep posting, and keep going after the Hawgs, and lets talk Bassin.

Lizards
Old 03-17-05, 08:27 PM   #12
zman
BassFishin.Com Member

Lizards, I notice you left the 'G' off the end of bassing. I also fail to see why it was capitalized.

Just thought I would give you the heads up.
Old 03-17-05, 08:34 PM   #13
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

OOPS ;D

Lizards
Old 03-17-05, 08:43 PM   #14
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

well i guess i'll spell what and you right from now on.
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-05, 11:31 PM   #15
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

lizard
that aint demeaner jackl has. it is that liter of hooch he guzzled every night before he comes on this site.

but i am with you guys there is just such a bunch of bs being threwn on this board by these punk as*ed kids it is almost like being at work -minus the dust and mexican's- some of you have heard of my temper. do not be fooled.it is worst then you can imagine. how i have kept it in check this long i have no idea..

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 12:37 AM   #16
BassNva
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to BassNva

sic 'em zook!...
yeah,what's with you?..they got you on meds too?
;D
BassNva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 01:59 AM   #17
dwmfishin
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to dwmfishin

I don't know if I should bud in on this conversation, because I like the information you older guys gladly give. I am only seventeen, but I don't claim to know everything. Yes, I do have bad days; I can sometimes have the superciliousness to be disrespectful. I apologize. However, if a number of you claim that you want more civilized conversations, why do you swear about it? Swearing only makes you sound boorish and even more puerile than the persons you were mad at. If a parvenu is not able to speak as well as you, it doesn't give you the temerity to be inimical about it. There are other euphemisms in our language that you are able to choose from. I censure your cantankerousness and think that you should stop your provincial posts. Now, let us stop these rancorous relationships and start getting along with eachother, please. ~discgolfer
dwmfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 02:07 AM   #18
jeffman
BassFishin.Com Member

At last, a "youngun" with an education, and the ability to use it.
Old 03-18-05, 02:34 AM   #19
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Disco, I would have guessed you were older than that. Your posts are intelligent and readable.

I'm with most of y'all. Posts that use proper grammar and spelling will get more responses, and the poster will get more respect and have more credibility.

As I have told Lizards-when I see posts that look like they were typed by, as Cajun puts it, a dyslexic spider monkey, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them. Keeps the aggravation at a minimum ;D
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-05, 12:00 PM   #20
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

[quote author=discgolfer link=board=Tourneys;num=1111069374;start=0#16 date=03/17/05 at 23:59:57]I don't know if I should bud in on this conversation, because I like the information you older guys gladly give. I am only seventeen, but I don't claim to know everything. Yes, I do have bad days; I can sometimes have the superciliousness to be disrespectful. I apologize. However, if a number of you claim that you want more civilized conversations, why do you swear about it? Swearing only makes you sound boorish and even more puerile than the persons you were mad at. If a parvenu is not able to speak as well as you, it doesn't give you the temerity to be inimical about it. There are other euphemisms in our language that you are able to choose from. I censure your cantankerousness and think that you should stop your provincial posts. Now, let us stop these rancorous relationships and start getting along with eachother, please. ~discgolfer[/quote]

Dang, where's the dictionary when you need it

Lizards
Old 03-19-05, 12:05 AM   #21
Rob Mak
BassFishin.Com Member

dang disc got him self a webster's hicksonary...lmao
the sad part is i understood him perfectly. just goes to show you i did not waste 8 years in collage learning how to speed tap a keg. but came out with 2 master's degrees .

zooker

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

US ARMY

Rochester, New York
Rob Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-05, 10:35 AM   #22
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

I'm impressed Zook. I didn't think you could count to two.

JUST KIDDING!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.