Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-22-05, 01:49 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default What to get?

Im going to dicks tomorrow to buy some new lures for this weekend of fishing. The lake we are fishing has weed beds like no other and its hard to cast out, if not impossible, with not getting any weeds. Last weekend i was fishing a senko t-rigged and got a couple bites but didnt land any fish. There is no boating on the lake either so i will be fishing from the shore. The lake is only 10 acres so its pretty small, almost a pond but its pretty clear water i would say. There is really only a couple good clearings, otherwise your just just fishing in massive weedbeds and i dont know what to do about them. So any advice would be appreciated as to what i should try. we plan to go at night and im having a competition with my dad as to who can catch the best fish and i really dont want to lose. lol thanks
Old 07-22-05, 08:45 AM   #2
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would try fishing a white or watermelon fluke in the grassy areas and it you go at night I would use a jitterbug or a buzzbait in the grassy areas. If the grass is matted to the top I would use a scum frog or a tournament frog on top of the grass. Since your are from the bank I relize you are limited. I fish from the bank all the time also. You might also want to try swimming a jig and pig throughout the grass or dragging a t riged tube with a very light weight on top of the grass.
Old 07-22-05, 10:04 AM   #3
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

manns minus one or a rattletrap, buzzbait or spinnerbait, fluke or floating worm
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 12:22 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That sounds like us! My brother, dad, and me are having a small "Cometition" this weeking on a small pond that is clear with lots of weeds. Most of the time we will be using Zoom White Horny Toads, my new go to bait. I have also had good luck with Power Bait black worms with yellow tails t-rigged and buzzbait there. How deep is th place where you re going?
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-05, 04:55 PM   #5
Unregistered

its pretty shallow on one end and a little deeper on the other, but near the shore its really shallow. Probably 50 feet out its still like 3-4 feet
Old 07-23-05, 06:51 PM   #6
mike90
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to mike90

i would wade out into the water so you could fish the deeper water. i like scum frogs and t-riged softplastics for thick weeds

good luck let us know who wins
mike90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.