Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 08-29-12, 12:59 PM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default once in a Blue Moon......

If any of yall were unsure if you were going fishing Friday night, this should clinch it for you. Huge bass are always caught on a blue moon, hence the term : I only catch a huge bass once in a Blue Moon

Please don't forget to post pics Sat am. I might change my user name to Nostradomus
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/...ppears-friday/
Old 08-29-12, 06:28 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Dangit, I won't go friday night. So your going to have to get out and land a monster to post a photo of. Can't believe I'm passing up on a guaranteed lunker big mouth friday night.
Old 08-29-12, 07:31 PM   #3
joedog

Thanks Ken.
I did so well on the first full moon this month, I'd be flat out crazy if I didn't spend the whole night on the water.
Old 08-29-12, 08:36 PM   #4
bamabassman

i HOPE ot go....but me catch a BIG bass? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!
Old 08-30-12, 01:22 PM   #5
kennethdaysale

John You seem to be a legit, sincere, stand up kind of guy so I'm going to help shake this dink syndrome. I expect nothing in return but I encourage you to follow these instuctions to the letter.

#1 Friday night 8.31.12 go to Gville and be sitting on these coordinates no later than 11pm. 34'24'52.72N 86'14'19.57W.

1a Be wearing Crimson shorts a white wife beater and your fav Ala hat. (Crimson boxers are optional but recommended)

1b Have a cooler full of canned Cokes and Red Delicious Apples in the boat. Be chewing 3 sticks of Big Red gum

1c Have your best heavy baitcasting outfit spooled with 20 lb test Cajun line. Tie on a 12" Red Shad Culprit with a red 5/0 EWG hook.(+3/8 tungsten bullet weight)

#2 Have someone you trust in the boat with you to film and drive you home.

#3 At approx 11:15 begin doing regular shots of Crown or Evan Williams.

#5 Turn Pink Floyd's "Time" (or if you prefer Ricky Van Shelton's "Could it be somebody lied") on and set volume wide a$$ open... have your partner begin filming.

#6 At exactly midnight hop up on and straddle the outboard. Have your partner use their free hand to trim the motor up and down slowly over and over during each retrieve (grip real tight with your legs to avoid getting bucked off) Cast the worm out as far as you can. As soon as it hits the water and while it's sinking take another shot of Crown. Then holler REAL LOUD ...ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! ..S l o w l y work the worm back to the boat. (during the retrieve you should be singing out "kicking around on a piece of ground in my home town" or " I haven't shed a tear in years" depending on which CD you put in)

#7 Repeat step 6 again and again until........BAM you get the dink stink offya!!
Old 08-30-12, 02:48 PM   #6
lilmule

Id say at a guess that time friday night no moon will show over gville,be raining catsnndogs.
He could however drive to west tn as seldom rains here(except,dec to april) just goes around us.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-12, 04:53 PM   #7
kennethdaysale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Id say at a guess that time friday night no moon will show over gville,be raining catsnndogs.
He could however drive to west tn as seldom rains here(except,dec to april) just goes around us.
Mule will you volunteer to hold the camcorder and work the trim?
Old 08-30-12, 09:03 PM   #8
lilmule

If he comes here will guide him,run troller and be gun bearer(cottonmouths) an if he hooks a biggun with fangs I aint taking it off,but will record the event for posterity.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-12, 07:44 AM   #9
bamabassman

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! i love the idea kenneth but there is ONE problem buddy. i don't drink. and if i did...NEVER in the boat bud.

as for my attire...well ask the folks who have been at the ZOOKERFESTS while i was there....i ALWAYS wear ALABAMA attire.

i can't go tonight...gotta work on my truck door after i go to the dentist today (1 filling and 1 crown, possibly pulling another tooth, OUCH!) but i DO plan on going fishing, but not guntersville as much as i would love to. weiss, aka:MUDHOLE, is closer and i will go there and try to get some spots. if it stays overcast, lisa will be able to go with me. if she does....there WILL be fish caught. hahaha!!

muley, thanks man. good ot know i got friends who will look out for me like that. one day, i AM gonna holler at oyu for real. get you in my rig and i think maybe that will knock off the dink curse. lol!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.