Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 10-26-12, 10:09 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Talking I'm not the best 'listner' maybe, but I think someones trying to tell me something

Yesterday was 'probably' my last full day fishing for the season.
Probably best because this is how the day went.

So it's day break and I'm at a lake with little shore access, Delavan. No big deal I was going to wade anyways. So I'm at my trunk unloading and my favorite sheriff shows up. 'You know you can't park here, right?"
So now I have to park almost a quarter mile and walk back in my neoprene's and FOUR poles and all the equipment that goes along with them.
Get to the bridge where I located fish the day before. Water after a 3 1/2 inch rain was still a foot low and NO current at all. Now the bass and sunnies are there but still not cooperating at ALL.
Then I notice looking down from the bridge a 40" plus MUSKEY just laying there soaking in the sun. Things HUGE! I drop EVERYTHING down to it. Jigs, flukes,lizards, worms (drop shotted, wacky, texas rigged), yo-yo a crank, throw a square bill and bring it back to the bridge, hard body jerk bait bringing it back, the thing would move just slightly so the lures wouldn't actually physically hit it. I swear I dangled 6 different color wacky rigs RIGHT IN FRONT OF IT'S NOSE!
Felt like a Pro fishing a bed. No lie, I worked this fish for an HOUR!
NADA.
Get this, the sheriff came back through and 'bi**hed' about me fishing from the bridge. Ending with a 'threat' of a citation. I wasn't on the bridge, I was 'NEXT' to the railing. Just like I wasn't in a 'no parking zone', I was right in front of the signs. Oh well.
Next I go to a closed resort area that I park where the water guys pump house is. Technically no parking but the workers allow me to park there.
Now the docks and piers are ALL taken down already so I figure I'd walk the shore 'in front' of resort property. This area is boulder rocky but clear water and a good eye open, no problem. Off I go. I get to where the docks were, watching for water level change and the ground is flat as far as I can see. I take two steps in front of me watching each step and 'WAM" the flat bottom was silt and I hit a 4 foot drop. My foot BURIES in DEEP. Knee high in mud and yes, CLAY! Now if anyone's waded in waters with clay bottoms, every step in the clay actually 'sucks' your foot in like a vacuum. Making pulling it back out very challenging. Remember now one foot is deeper than the other and soon they are BOTH in the clay.
No exaggeration, 1 and a 1/2 HOURS later I reach a cement landing where with great effort I finally had solid ground the pull out of the clay. I have now used every SINGLE bit of energy my body has in it. I'm huffing and puffing standing on the cement landing and less than 2 minutes some caretaker walks down and tells me I'm on 'PRIVATE PROPERTY'. That PUTZ had to sit and watch me through this whole struggle to get out of the clay. Had to walk like 50 feet to get to me and I was only out like a minute. So he saw it all. What an arrogant thoughtless PUTZ!
Had enough! Oh forgot to mention, wind was blowing 15-20 constant with 40 mi. gusts.
So I figured I'd head home and on the 45 min. drive there are numourous other 'holes' to fish.
On my way home I drive by the original site and they ARE TAKING DOWN the no parking signs like they do every winter for ice fishing! Think what you want, THAT FLUKING sherrif KNEW they were coming down that day!
I get to the river and figured SMALLMOUTH like cold moving water. Now the river after the rains was a total different story. FAST water and it had risen the highest since spring. Like a 8in jump.
So I'm staying towards shore, partially for safty, partially just because I was TOO FLUKING TIRED FROM THE RESORT ordeal. As always I wonder farther down the river than I intended but thats just fishing in 'Joey's World" I'm a half mile down river and a warden pulls up on the road and gets out. Wants to check my license.......ya you guessed it, it's in the car. Now instead of THIS PUTZ just going to his computer and running my name, he makes me get out of the water and tells me he will meet me by my car. Ya gotta be kidding me!
Oh well.

Next stop Rotary Gardens!
Take two poles and a tackle pouch with. Everythings going fine except for the fishing when sure enough out comes a volunteer. I'm in the water so 'up theirs', I'm within my rights!......But my other pole and pouch were not. THIS PUTZ decides he's going to confiscate my pouch and pole because they were on private property. I repeat...
This IS NOT HAPPENING!
I found this TOTALLY unacceptable and after a HEATED debate, Janesville's finest were called.
I got my tackle pouch and pole and a 'snicker' from the cop (later he told me he couldn't believe it either) and off I go.

5:45 pm, hour of sunlight left......no I went home to lick my wounds.
TEN HOURS of FUN and GAMES! Who could ask for more?

I COULD, I CAUGHT ONE 12in BASS ALL DAY!
Anyway I'm not fishing today, PERIOD!.......well maybe if the temp gets to 50 today I can...
Old 10-26-12, 10:47 AM   #2
lilmule

Lol you stuck your foot in it,first in clay then some volunteers.Seems like the cops around there are actually out not eating free doughnuts and coffee.
And I hear its gonna be 50.3
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 11:13 AM   #3
bassboogieman

Some days it's just better to stay in bed.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-12, 09:01 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like one of those days the entire world is out to get you. I've dealt with wadding in clay and I know it isn't any fun. I may have called it a day after that. Do you have a lake or river around with public right of ways?
Old 10-26-12, 09:24 PM   #5
Jrob78

Sounds like the main problem is people are dicks. You would have been just fine, other than the clay.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.