Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-18-11, 11:20 PM   #26
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Just this morning I was wondering if anyone has gotten one of those Larry Dahlberg diving frogs. I may pick one up myself, they look great, especially that one in the water!

BB
I bought two from BassTackleDepot when they 20% off last week.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 10:38 AM   #27
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I have one comming from TW this week along with my new froggin rod. I can't wait!!! Trembling fingers here, lol. Boy do I need to get out on the water!!!
Old 02-20-11, 11:10 AM   #28
lilmule

Well the Dahlburg diver fly works like a charm,but to me that plastic hood sort of sticks out.
One more realistic and costs more would be Ken Dauberts frogs from fla ,they dont dive real deep but do some,mostly due to hook location in the nose.In between pulls it rises back up.
I did notice them on ebay and wondered about the dahlburg frog,guess one will have to let the fish decide.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 10:21 AM   #29
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmule View Post
Well the Dahlburg diver fly works like a charm,but to me that plastic hood sort of sticks out.
One more realistic and costs more would be Ken Dauberts frogs from fla ,they dont dive real deep but do some,mostly due to hook location in the nose.In between pulls it rises back up.
I did notice them on ebay and wondered about the dahlburg frog,guess one will have to let the fish decide.

The weed guard is pretty soft, shouldn't cause any missed strikes.
I'd looked at the Daubert frogs several times, but I'm not a big fan of the hook placement.
Old 02-26-11, 10:52 AM   #30
lilmule

Agree takes some getting used to that hook placement and their are days when one doesnt take the frog all the way,it being in the nose tends to miss them then.
Like a Deps single hook,has its disadvantages,yet some advantages all its own,as sort of swims and dives bit more natural than a normal floater.
Its also soft on a river2 sea frog with the old jitterbug lip and doesnt work worth squat to me.But that may,will just have to get one like i did the stepwa,never bought another however.I do have from 55 to 85 just about every color made.
55 is a spitter,85 is a walker,everything else 65 and 75 are made for us to buy and have just in case and take up room in the boat.
Old 02-26-11, 11:11 AM   #31
pig n jig

I use the scum frog trophy series frog.It has a better hookup ratio for me than the spro did but I am not always correct.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Scum_...cpage-SFT.html
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 11:44 AM   #32
lilmule

The spro frog is one of the most top used baits on ky lake,yet i seldom use one,but like most people into frogs have more than one brand,and more than one model.
Scum,bobbys perfect or pro tournament just about any well known brand is in my boat,yet tend to use just a few.One of the most overlooked brands is the old sumo,in bubblegum pink the stripers lovem near bridges as they think its a fledgling bird out of a nest.
Often we tend to try new baits for a different look sometimes they work sometimes not,but also why we use some baits more than others by trying them.
Article was about the new diving frog river2sea puts out,something new to try.
And for some silly reason same frog someone else uses may not work where we are or for us(different lines,different retrieve etc).
Pro T and the scum paddletail work well on Ky lake along with spro and bullywa,one has to let the bass tell you what and when.I tend to use the spro popping frog and the king spro and not what most the locals use the small black bronzeye.
Ill use a pro T before the that one generally its also much cheaper,switch to a deps for culling etc,bet ive got 5 plano boxes of frogs,yet tend to want more and different ones.
The new diver may have its merits who knows till one tosses it,swimming a buzzfog or ribbet here under does work so it should as well.
Old 02-27-11, 02:54 PM   #33
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

On hollow bodies you can open the frog up and insert a couple of tungston weights for noise and to throw farther, or glass rattlers, and even foam for a fuller body to help float on some and to help keep from having to mash water out to keep some type of frogs from filling up with water.

Just some things to play around with.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-11, 04:18 PM   #34
lilmule

Some come with a rattle like a bobbys perfect,or pro T,some weigh so much extra weight is a hindrance like a king spro at 1 oz,or BullyWa 85,and regardless of how much one takes on water some do more so than others it hastens that by cutting another hole in to insert anything.
If it takes water to quickly to suit you just use another brand,the small spro comes to mind with that in mind,The poppin frog isnt as bad or the king.Bully Wa lasts longer as a Pro T or sumo,depends somewhat upon what the bass want if they want a frog thats harder to use so be it.Their are times on ky lake the small black spro is unbeatable,yet I dont like them,for that take on water problem but do have them and do use them when necessary.
It was about the new diving frog,have you tried it?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.