Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-16-05, 08:53 PM   #1
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Going fishing tomorrow

Im going fishing tomorrow, sunday, and i live in ohio and we are still get the remains of denis. We are supossed to get scattered rain showers tomorrow morning. We are planning to get out on the water at 530. I was just wondering if tomorrow is going to be a ****ty day of fishing, average, or good.
fizzle fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 09:05 PM   #2
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R

all in all i have had very good luck fishing after rain or after storms..some people say it scares them but alot of times the storm will have them moving around alot more and the rain will cool down the water..but once that rain stops..i'd say you should have pretty good fishing..just my thoughts...but i normally don't fish big lakes or ponds..how big is the lake/ pond are you fishing?

also during a big storm like you just had the fish don't have alot to eat..so a nice shinny lure(avatar) would be like heaven to them..hint hint
Old 07-16-05, 09:07 PM   #3
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

its a 1000 acre reservoir.
Old 07-16-05, 09:11 PM   #4
DelawareBass-R
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to DelawareBass-R Send a message via MSN to DelawareBass-R

wow...well i'm sure you should still have pretty good fishin when the rain stops
Old 07-16-05, 09:15 PM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey

I live in south western ohio west of Dayton and am fishing the exact same scenario
We are hitting a reservoir about 800 acres and have been fishing all week.
I'd recommend the buzzbait or any top water..thats all we have been getting them on...and we to have the super cloudy days, drizzle or rain, or thunderstorm, its real soupy.
They haven't been hitting any plastics or any other baits but topwater for us..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-05, 09:39 PM   #6
PowerBass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The weather has been really wacky here, but Shallow cranks are a winner here!!!
Old 07-17-05, 12:20 PM   #7
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

Well i just got back and what a poor day for fishing. We didnt get a single hit. It was our first time at the reservoir so it took us about all day to find a good spot. We finally found one around 1000 or so. Fish we jumping around all over but still not a single one would take the bait. I am a rookie and know i probably wasnt fishing right though. The reservoir is murky water with weeds everywhere. And a lot of weed beds but we saw most of the fish jumping in them so i didnt know how to fish in there. I wasnt sure what worked well so i tried almost everything i had in the tackle box. I dont know if it was the weather or what but man was i disappointed. So can any of you help me with what i should do. What lures and how to fish them. Please help i dont think i can stand one more fishing day like that.
Old 07-17-05, 01:38 PM   #8
Bender

I am heading out today, hopefully with better luck than you had. I am going to a small pond (30 acres or so) that is one big weed bed and only about 5 feet at its deepest point. Last time there between two of us we bought about 20 bass into the rowboat. The rains haven't been as bad up here in Michigan but I am sure the water is very cloudy.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-05, 03:13 PM   #9
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

What do you use when there are so many weeds and the water is soo murky?? I tried almost everything. Please help.
Old 07-17-05, 05:27 PM   #10
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default I have some ideas 4 -u

Hey Fizzle,
First off dont be so hard on yourself .You said it took you all day to
find a spot?Dont put so much pressure on yourself.Im from Ohio and you were
fishing under overcast skies. A blk buzzbait would have worked just fine.The bass would lay in those weedbeds for cover and to stay cooler and its a great place for them to ambush there prey. next time fish a buzzbait all around the weed beds.Fish it as close as you can. it can come down as making alot of repeat cast and then you will make one of of them so mad they will smash your
topwater bait. pick those weed beds apart. throw the bait from all angles.try to get your buzzbait to enter the water as soft as you can.A big spinnerbait with colorado blades would work too. blk in low light and staind water dark color
baits are a good choose. in stained water you need somthing noisy so the bass can locate them.Fizzle I have been doing this for about 5 yrs now and Im just now feeling like Im gain ground...trust me.Do your homework,watch the shows read bass mags.I made a book that I call my fishing bible. keep a fishing log of when and how you caught your fish..conditions,cloud cover..ect.
dont so overwelmed.It will come...okay. Dont fish too fast slow down and take your time. consentrat on everycast. any guys you know with alot of fishing exp. they are the guys to ask the q's to. well I hope I helped ya take care and hang in there
Denny
Old 07-17-05, 05:55 PM   #11
fizzle fro
BassFishin.Com Member

alright i was trying a light green buzzbait and nothing was happening. Ill try the black next time. I was also using a frog but that wasnt working either. There was this one fish there that would come out of the water, a huge fish, and stick half of its body out of the water for about 10 seconds it was pretty neat. I tried throwing the frog in there but he wasnt gonna bite. Fish were jumping like crazy in the weed beds and right behind the boat but we could get anything.
Old 07-17-05, 07:54 PM   #12
Denny_ohio
BassFishin.Com Active Member

You can also try a very shallow diving crank bait,Mann's minus 1.Hang in there
buddy Denny
Old 07-18-05, 12:05 PM   #13
Bender

We caught abuot 15 fish between the two of us yesterday, the largest was only 13.5" long 1/2" lb. I was using Zoom White Horny Toads almost all of the time. The weeds were covering the top of the water and I couldn't even bring a buzzbait in without it getting hung up. I did catch one fish on a rubber floating frog. The guy I was with was using the replacement bait for Redfish Magic spinners and he was t-rigging them with great success.
One big guy came out of the water at the Horny Toad but he missed. All in all a tough day. I know the big ones are in there and it bugs me that I can't get the out.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.