Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-14-07, 09:07 AM   #1
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to usngsm2
Default Help...

Hey Guys, I am sorry if there is a lot in this message. I am out to sea and the window for transmissions will be closing shortly.

I needed to know your thoughts on the Diawa Zilloin? Any first hand experiences will be greatly appreciated. I have compared it with a few chornarchs and also the TDX model diawas. So far as performance, reliability, line capacity and customer support how do would you rate any of these afor mention reels? The reel will go on a Gloomis s/b rod, if that helps.

I have a tourney on Toho, soon this weekend to be precise. If anybody has been out there let me know ( lures , techniques, tactics , lessons learned etc). This will be my first time and I will not be able to prefish it.

C-rig well I had a batam curado 6.3:1 on my c-rig rod and made the fatal mistake of opening it up and then it just didn't go back together right. Had to ship it off but it won't be back in time for the tourney, so I will have to goto 7.1:1 curado d. I will have it spooled with 20# stren braid. Any opinions? Think this it too fast?

Thanks again guys,, have to go now..
usngsm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-07, 09:14 AM   #2
skeeter944
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

ok,i cant answer your first 2 qestions,but i think that the 7.1:1 is perfect for c-rigging. you might find that you like it better than a 6.3:1,i would put heavier line on it,but that should be fine. good luck in that tourney!
skeeter944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.