Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 07-02-05, 01:32 PM   #1

Default what am i doin wrong!?

i live in southwestern, PA and the local lake i fish is very shallow with water temps about 70 degrees right now...in the spring time i crushed bass outta there on jig n pig, and now i cant seem to get a hit!, it pretty much only has rocky banks, standing timber and a major creek running into it...sounds aweome right!? WRONG!! i have tried everything for deep to shallow, jig n pig, flukes, senkos, spinnerbaits, you name it ive tried it in every depth. Please tell me someone out there can help me out!
Old 07-02-05, 01:54 PM   #2
john_doe
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to john_doe
Default Re: what am i doin wrong!?

Well, it sounds alot like some of the lakes here in south Jersey. Dont know if you've tried but here goes.

In these shallow lakes, they arent getting much shade besides the pads. In the heat of the day, I havent got much, but after 4 they are in the pads....big time.

Rig a light colored grub weedless, no weight, and drag it over the lilly pads, if there are any. Look for the wake behind it...when you see it, stop the lure so it falls off of the pads. It will hit, hard, but you need a rig that's gonna get them out of the pads. Try it...if it doesnt work, I dont know what to do.
john_doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 02:43 PM   #3
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

Doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, it's just that time of the year. Early and late are working best for me, but if you are fishing during the day they are going to be either in deep cover or deep water. The creek might be a good place to try-the current will help oxygenate the water and help cool it down.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-05, 09:46 PM   #4
keeb
BassFishin.Com Member

i would go with a worm with a slow presention

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.