Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 04-04-09, 03:24 AM   #26
Fish-N-Fool
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta
congrats on the frog fish. I would suspect that the briad rubbed something or that it was weakened before and happened to be on your knot. What knot did you tie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
Ya, that's a possibility!

Palomar always!
Shoulda tied a Fish-N-Fool Knot beat the palomar in a head to head line test.
Old 04-04-09, 07:32 AM   #27
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Thanks all! Those videos you posted Austin where good! I liked the worm tip you and cass gave also, I think that it my put the hook up ration down a bit.....
Old 04-04-09, 10:30 AM   #28
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I don't throw frogs for the simple reason you lose too many fish with them.I prefer to put a 6 or 7" senkotype on a 11/0 hook.It's so much easier to get a good hookset and you'll probably get as many or more bites on it.I can't ever remember losing a fish with this bait.IMO this bait could look like a frog,baitfish,snake,whatever..
This is just from my 25-30 years of bass fishing experience.Everybody has their own style.
Old 04-04-09, 10:39 AM   #29
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

CC...I agree that I seldom ever see a bass blow up on a real frog. But most of the frogs that actually hang out around the pads are very large in comparison to the lures I throw. At my local lakes and ponds, the smaller frogs are usually quite protected deep inside of the tullies.
Bassboss, once you get your higher end rod/reel and line, you should consider tossing that floating spro that you got. Make it swim through the chanels in the pads.
Old 04-04-09, 01:09 PM   #30
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
CC...I agree that I seldom ever see a bass blow up on a real frog. But most of the frogs that actually hang out around the pads are very large in comparison to the lures I throw. At my local lakes and ponds, the smaller frogs are usually quite protected deep inside of the tullies.
Bassboss, once you get your higher end rod/reel and line, you should consider tossing that floating spro that you got. Make it swim through the chanels in the pads.
Thanks cass! That bbz might do a good number on the bass!

All of the ponds I fish have big bull frogs, I think I might also get the big R2S to imitate them!
Old 04-04-09, 01:40 PM   #31
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

its not about whether the bass see a frog or snake or... whatever. alls the see is movement and a silhoutte that will fit in their mouth. thats why I almost use exclusively use a black frog it silhouttes the best. ive won a lot of money using frogs. all of it on black frogs. whenever they eat a soft plastic frog they dont see a frog they see a silhoutte,movement and bam. for all they know it could be a shad skipping.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.