Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-04, 09:06 PM   #26
FatBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FatBass
Default Re: Pouring your own plastics

I've been pouring a little myself and I love those 2 pc molds from Bob's. Frank...I mean Sam is right on with those microwaves. I used to wait 45 minutes for a pot of plastic to heat up, now I do it in 3 minutes. It is absolutely worth it to make your own baits if you have time. In the long run you will save money. You also get the pride that comes with catching a big fish on something you made that doesn't come out of the BPS catalog.
FatBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-04, 03:52 PM   #27
Slayem9
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slayem9

Craig...er, I mean earthworm, is being modest. His worms were already good even before he switched to professional two part molds and has a large clientele to prove it.

He has the experience and the qualtiy control to offer customized plastics of different:
1.impregnated salt contents for control of drop rate
2.any color or color combo
3.hardness to super softness
4.baked in scent

The handpourer never needs to run out of a specific lure,
wait for backorders, get socked for shipping for $10 orders, or have to buy various sizes, colors and shapes to experiment with and wonder about availability.
( http://www.homestead.com/micromunchjigs/Directory.html Â*for those interested.)

We both like to give people lures to try in hopes they'll have the same successful experiences we've had with our own creations. (I don't sell mine). I gave some Â*4" sticks to my wife's nephew and after he moved to Florida, caught a 5 lb bass the first day he fished. I just sent him supplies and a tutorial on how to make his own. Guess I know what his allowance and lawn money is going for! His satisfaction was my satisfaction.

Frank,..er I mean Sam
Slayem9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-04, 03:31 AM   #28
FatBass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to FatBass

Thanks for the compliment my friend, ps- get back to me on that glitter thingy we talked about.
FatBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.