Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 01-22-09, 11:34 PM   #51
woody
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Well it looks like we've almost got the whole east side of the campsite reserved, this is going to be BIG!

Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 12:36 AM   #52
MississippiBoy

JB, on another thread you mentioned that you got a map that shows not just depth, but even the fish attractors that have been put out. Where'd you find it? I've found a bunch online, but none of them said they showed the brushpiles and other cover.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 08:53 AM   #53
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
JB, on another thread you mentioned that you got a map that shows not just depth, but even the fish attractors that have been put out. Where'd you find it? I've found a bunch online, but none of them said they showed the brushpiles and other cover.
Hey click on the KY lake north map, thats the one I got, show brushpiles, and hot spots, the back has info on species and where they are found through out the year

http://www.kentuckylake.com/mapsshop.shtml
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-09, 08:55 AM   #54
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Well it looks like we've almost got the whole east side of the campsite reserved, this is going to be BIG!

Mark
woody, You got that right,
we even have as a special guest on Sat evening Roland Martin is going to coach us on saying "Son!" and the ins n outs of claiming a 4 lb bass is actually 7 lbs.
Followed by a complimentary tar n feathering of good ol Rowland rofl
Old 01-23-09, 09:06 AM   #55
WTL

Roland Martin can stay the hell away.
Old 01-23-09, 09:44 AM   #56
woody

After we tar and feather him we all can throw our Helicopter lures and Pocket Fisherman at him in a show of solidarity representing all of the Angry Fisherman from around the World!That should teach him!LOL

~Mark
Old 01-23-09, 01:43 PM   #57
woody

Here's that Map Maker's Website that JB was referring too.http://www.fishinghotspots.com

As a matter of fact I just recieved mine in the mail today and after a quick overview it looks to be very usefull, and on a much lighter note I can say that this map will be of more use to us compared to Roland Martins Pocket Fisherman. lol

~Mark
Old 01-23-09, 09:29 PM   #58
zooker

i'd be willing to toss a 10 pound mushroom anchor at him....REPEATEDLY

zooker
Old 01-23-09, 09:32 PM   #59
bamabassman

hahaha... i am gonna TRY to get a pic of me with him......JUST for you guys, ROTLMFAO!!!!!! hey, i know the man will sell or hoct anything for a penny. but you DO have to admit that he is a great fisherman. a wealthy man from this sport.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 03:08 PM   #60
Kevin
Administrator

I'm bumping this... awaiting Big Bear Resort and the rest of Kentucky to come back online after the ice storm. Will be grabbing resort information from Big Bear's website as soon as it comes up.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 05:26 PM   #61
bamabassman

thanks kevin. i just don't know if i can wait. but yes i can, have to i guess. hopeing that everyone who is in that ice storm and snowed in are doing ok. i KNOW what a terible storm can do a family. no matter WHAT kind of storm it is. prayig for you guys down here,ok?
Old 01-31-09, 06:40 PM   #62
zooker

yeah i am hearing that western tenn and eastern ky are in the dark big time..

zooker
Old 01-31-09, 06:45 PM   #63
ky southern

it is gettin better,we had no power for 1 nite but we where lucky.it looks like a war in places.im in the center of the state.
Old 01-31-09, 07:11 PM   #64
Joel
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I can really feel for you guys. 21 years ago hurrincane Gloria paid Long Island a visit, and did a number here. Many homes had no power for weeks. No power meant no refrigeration, spoiled food, gas stations that couldn't pump gas. Stores that had little or no product and what they had often spoiled for lack of power. We had a big old tree come down and through the roof of our garage but not the main section of the house. And we had electricity. My area was the only one that had that in the township of Brookhaven. We feed our friends, neighbors, and just about anyone else that needed a helping hand. My water bill was unreal as everyone came over to shower and clean their cloths. Still, it was a nightmare and it was in the fall. I can't imagine doing that in the dead of winter.
Old 01-31-09, 11:32 PM   #65
everettvet

Default A message from the ice storm!!!!!

Hello everyone. I am from western Kentucky! As most, if not all of you know, we were hammered this week by the ice storm from hell. The damage is wide spread and devastating. There is not a tree that is not destroyed and a lot of power lines are down. There is not a person that has not been affected by it. My business lost power Tuesday and just got it back today, in Paducah. My home maybe without power for weeks. I am not sure. Homes have damage, some lives were lost (I have heard). I am very lucky that my family (wife, 6 year old and 4 week old) were able to stay with the in laws. They only lost power for 3 days. This the first time that I have had a curfew since I went to college. McCracken county (Paducah) has had a curfew the last 4 nights

I will try and send pictures of some of the trees later.

There is a new fish attractor in the lake. A main power line now sits at the bottom of the lake. I do not know if it is Kentucky or Barkley lake.

Marshall county (location of Big Bear) was also devastated. They have no communications, the last I heard. I will follow with more info on Marshall later.

The Governor of Kentucky declared a state of emergency, but several of the counties has not heard a thing in help from them. Our Congressman, the Honorable Ed Whitfield (my wife's boss), took a declaration for a Federal Disaster Area for President Obama to sign and he did. That should help. We will see if the new President's past critic of the way emergencies were handled will make this one dealt with any better.

Please keep everyone in the ice storm in your prayers, including those who are working to store power.
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-09, 12:01 AM   #66
everettvet

I am trying to attach a picture from the ice storm. I have no idea what I am doing, as you are about to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00012.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	3089  
Old 02-01-09, 12:06 AM   #67
everettvet

Hey!!! It actually worked! Here is the other pic. It is impossible to get a full appreciation from 2 pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00013.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	3090  
Old 02-01-09, 10:26 AM   #68
Joel

Evverettvet, Sure hope everything works out for all of you ASAP. Natural disasters like this are always the hardest to deal with. We're still hearing about the long term effects of Katrina. Glad to hear that your family is safe and warm.
Old 02-01-09, 11:46 AM   #69
bamabassman

hey man...the pics DO tell the story. we are ALL praying for you guys there ok? keep your chins up, things will get better. after going through 11 hurricanes (ivan the terrible was the worst for me), i can tell how hard it is. although we didn't have the ice and cold and snow, we had the rain, and lots of heat, no power is he77 on ya. we'll keep ya'll in our prayers man. take care ok? and keep us posted.
Old 02-01-09, 05:14 PM   #70
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by everettvet View Post
Hey!!! It actually worked! Here is the other pic. It is impossible to get a full appreciation from 2 pictures.
that stuff sucks, we had one big ice storm just like that each of the last 2 winters. so far this year we haven't had one that bad yet and hope we don't. it will also make running around a lake very interesting after rains this spring and summer as all of the broken off tree limbs make their way into the lake. you all be careful.
Old 02-10-09, 11:06 AM   #71
Kevin
Administrator

Bump... Official Event Page will be released shortly.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-09, 07:31 PM   #72
bamabassman

yeah!!!!!! SPRING IS A COMING GANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-09, 07:34 PM   #73
JB

hellya bama, i just took my first ride of the year in a tshirt, its supposed to stay 50ish one more day and then a couple more weeks of 20 at night and 30 for high, but spring will come in about a month (i hope) here
Old 02-10-09, 07:47 PM   #74
bamabassman

temps are a rising here too jb. thunderstorms rolling through tonight and tommorow. cool down coming, but should be real NICE for the weekend. hhhhmmmmmm should i go fishing...or shopping with the wife? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-09, 08:32 PM   #75
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Sounds like it is going to be a blast fellas, wish I could join you. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, too. But maybe next year.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.