Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 02-21-07, 10:42 AM   #1
InEccess
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via ICQ to InEccess
Default 3x Floating Worm?

Did Strike King stop production on these? I've been looking everywhere for a pack of these baits and I simply cannot find them. I mean, it's possible with the classic coming up this weekend, KVD bought every pack in existance, but I'm looking for the 1 pack he missed.
Old 02-21-07, 10:52 AM   #2
mymomisbecky

are they a very popular bait? i havent heard much about them. Im always looking to make new molds haha
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 12:42 PM   #3
InEccess

I don't know if you'd consider them very popular. They've become the go-to bait around here for Shakyhead fishing, due to the tail standing up straight and wiggling, plus the durability of the Cyberskin (or whatever Strike King calls it). But for years these baits were sitting in the bargain bin at any fishing counter, now you can't find it anywhere. Recently, KVD's been pushing them BIG TIME on the show on Versus for both Shakyheading and Drop Shotting, which makes me wonder why Strike King doesn't even have it listed in thier catalog.
Old 02-21-07, 01:03 PM   #4
mymomisbecky

yeah , whatever KVD endorses sells, period. although ive said it time and time again, KVD and other pros do NOT fish this stuff, they are merely sponsored by them. they all fish their own private stuff
Old 02-21-07, 04:47 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Snapback is another brand that has the same makeup, super strechty, and float. You might want to see if you can find that brand instead, it's basically the same thing, just another brand. I also have been looking for some 3X since I like c-rigging with them, and Rebasser posted they got the sticky issues mostly taken care of. I believe they got a real bad rep for how sticky they were, and nobody had much good to say about them. I think they might be on the way back though. Just a thought, but BPS makes some floating lizards, might want to give them a chance, but the material is more of a hard type plastic, not the super strechty stuff, the hook rigging is imperative, since you can't get "THROUGH" the plastic very easily at all.

Lizards

Last edited by lizardsrule; 02-22-07 at 07:37 AM.
lizardsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 04:51 PM   #6
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ian, take a trip over to Wal Mart. They have them marked down. They are getting rid of them. If they have any left. I picked up 5 packs. I'll look around here for you. You too Lizzy.

Bob
Old 02-21-07, 04:53 PM   #7
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Ian, take a trip over to Wal Mart. They have them marked down. They are getting rid of them. If they have any left. I picked up 5 packs. I'll look around here for you. You too Lizzy.

Bob
Thanks Bob.

Lizards
Old 02-21-07, 04:54 PM   #8
mymomisbecky

im going to head over there tonight too... I need to pick up some supplies as well
Old 02-22-07, 01:32 AM   #9
InEccess

No go on the Walmart. Bob told me he hit 2 Walmarts tonight with nothing but Zero's. My walmart has almost nothing but Trout crap hanging on the wall, and the local Gander Mountain has the centipedes, but they're the sinking model. I'll look for some Snapback. Looks like Bob is taking me to the Tackle Warehouse this weekend. Someone write me up a shopping list. Baitmonkey needs something to read while he's on the head.
Old 02-22-07, 10:29 AM   #10
mymomisbecky

I hit one of my local walmarts tonight and found a treasure trove of LINE. Power Pro for $4 a spool, Vanish Transition for $4 a spool, Spiderwire Mono for 2$, Xl Trilene for $2. Tons of line for cheap. I bought 10 spools or so. They had some other stuff, but all I ended up getting was a few trailer hooks.
Old 02-25-07, 12:01 AM   #11
Vabass22
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Man, yalls walmarts have good stuff! My wallys just have about 12 different jigs, 15 dif spinnerbaits, plastics, then terminal tackle etc...
Old 02-25-07, 09:53 AM   #12
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

My wal-mart has only carried the Zero's. BPS however still has a large selection of the 3X worms. Trust me, cause I picked up about 8 packs. I love em.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-07, 01:50 AM   #13
ILfishinman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to ILfishinman Send a message via MSN to ILfishinman

they were goin at my wally world for a $1 a pack pick up a couple lizard ones for spawn season

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.