Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 09-21-09, 10:55 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default 2010 3rd (or 4th or 5th,lol) annual get together

ok, i have been informed by several folks that they would rather have the next get together at DALE HOLLOW in tenn. now IF there are ANY of you that does NOT want it there, say it now and untill the month of feb. and the hosts (if it IS at dale hollow are gonna be WOODY,BCKLASH AND BASSINBANDIT (yes lash and bandit, ya'll got DRAFTED,LOL). at least at kentucky you said you wanted to host one, so here's your chance. i'll leave it up to these guys to figure the exact dates and so forth and so on on rooms and campsites. so start the talking and whatever guys and gals. mark your calenders and save some vacation time. now lisa and i will continue to have the saturday night fish fry with the continued help of bigbassin144 (if you wish to help us again buddy) and kingfisher.and it will be at either our place or whereever it is needed.

let the talking begin. we got all winter to do this, lets get it started here ok?

ok, yea i am planning now too. haven't fished but twice all summer and i am getting cabin fever by the BOAT LOAD ALREADY. gotta have something to think about till spring.
Old 09-21-09, 11:13 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I like the Dale Hallow idea. And I'll give my best shot at helping Woody host it.
Old 09-21-09, 11:18 PM   #3
zooker

everyone i spoke with agreed a mid april till june time frame...i personally like this time frame my self..

woody
sorry old friend he who proposed da lake gets to host..just try not to break anything -or fall in-this time huh.. pm me,jb,or bama your cell number we will lend a hand..

lash lash lash remember bama elephants never forget..neither do the hairy tarheel sashquash...

zooker
Old 09-21-09, 11:24 PM   #4
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
everyone i spoke with agreed a mid april till june time frame...i personally like this time frame my self..

Woody
sorry old friend he who proposed da lake gets to host..just try not to break anything -or fall in-this time huh.. Pm me,jb,or bama your cell number we will lend a hand..

Lash lash lash remember bama elephants never forget..neither do the hairy tarheel sashquash...

Zooker
no kiddin!!!!!
Old 09-21-09, 11:29 PM   #5
bcklash

http://www.dalehollowlake.com/
Old 09-21-09, 11:33 PM   #6
zooker

co-hosting is easy. just make sure everyone who wants in is in. and make sure they know where to go..mind you from I-40 it is about 3 hours of funfilled tennesse 2 lane..

zooker
Old 09-22-09, 07:34 AM   #7
Bassboss

No, I don't like Dale Hollow. I probably will not come if it's there. To far north, I won't be able to come. I still think that wheeler lake sounds good! It's in between everyone (other than the people out west) Went on google maps and found that wheeler is even closer to BigB, than it is to me, so, that sounds pretty middle to me. It don't have to be wheeler for me to go, just the same latitude.
Old 09-22-09, 07:35 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I've heard it a pretty hard lake to fish, but I think it'll be fun.

bama, I'll definately help out again at the fish fry.

Right now, I'd prefer a VERY late May date or June. As of right now, we get ouf of school around the 25th of May. And with my harder courses this year and taking some college classes, I'd prefer not to miss school this time.

BB
Old 09-22-09, 07:46 AM   #9
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboss View Post
No, I don't like Dale Hollow. I probably will not come if it's there. To far north, I won't be able to come. I still think that wheeler lake sounds good! It's in between everyone (other than the people out west) Went on google maps and found that wheeler is even closer to BigB, than it is to me, so, that sounds pretty middle to me. It don't have to be wheeler for me to go, just the same latitude.
How is Wheeler closer to me?

Anyways, I do think we could pull off the same thing we did when it was at Guntersville. Go and visit the relatives in Cullman, straight south down 65 from Wheeler, for a day then off to the lake to fish! But I doubt we could bring boat down to alabama, KY lake was far enough, lol.

Right now either of those lakes sounds alright with me.

BB
Old 09-22-09, 08:14 AM   #10
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

How is Wheeler closer to me?

BB
From you to the lake it's 518 mi.
From me to the lake it's 831 mi.

I know it don't look it at all, but, my rout is much less direct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post

Anyways, I do think we could pull off the same thing we did when it was at Guntersville. Go and visit the relatives in Cullman, straight south down 65 from Wheeler, for a day then off to the lake to fish! But I doubt we could bring boat down to alabama, KY lake was far enough, lol.

BB
Good!
Old 09-22-09, 08:18 AM   #11
BigBassin144

oh, whoops, though you meant closer to me than Dale Hollow. lol. I guess I should read more thoroughly,

BB
Old 09-22-09, 09:06 AM   #12
Gbassman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default a

i tihnk it should be at wheeler or guntersviile again. John did a great job the first time, maybe he could do it again!
Old 09-22-09, 09:29 AM   #13
nofearengineer

Bassboss...I can't imagine Dale Hollow is much farther than Wheeler for you. Maybe a little. Plus, it would depend on where at Wheeler the get-together would be at...the East end or down by Wilson Dam.

Either way would be a long haul, regardless. It's the price you pay for living down in the swamp state.

Frankly, I'm glad DH was picked, especially if it gets pushed back to June. I know it gets hot up here in Southern Indiana during the Summer, but I'm not sure I would consider June in Alabama a vacation. More like an extended trip to the sauna. Plus, at DH, we can do some walleye fishing too.

Woody, if you need any help with anything let me know. Us Hoosiers gotta stick together.
Old 09-22-09, 09:40 AM   #14
WaffleJaw

man i hope i can make this one....its a 12 to 14 hr drive for me which aint no problem.
problem is, my wife's best friend decided to get married in vegas around that time frame...so we gotta save for that.....I already told her about the get together,lol,right after i bought her a necklace!!.....its kinda hard to explain a fishing get together with a bunch of people off the internet....i think it went well though.

so Im hoping we can work out both trips....
Old 09-22-09, 10:00 AM   #15
nofearengineer

It's also weird how someone else picks a wedding spot that is a major PITA expense for other people to attend, and then expects them to attend. You might see if she also picked out $1,000 bridesmaids dresses for them to buy.

Don't get me started on the ridiculousness that is the modern wedding ceremony.
Old 09-22-09, 10:39 AM   #16
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
It's also weird how someone else picks a wedding spot that is a major PITA expense for other people to attend, and then expects them to attend. You might see if she also picked out $1,000 bridesmaids dresses for them to buy.

Don't get me started on the ridiculousness that is the modern wedding ceremony.
ha!..i cant say anything....we got married in vegas by Elvis because it was cheaper and more fun than an traditional wedding..plus my wife is a huge Elvis fan...I think thats why her friend is doing it.....
that and she likes to copy my wife....no joke.
Old 09-22-09, 11:04 AM   #17
nofearengineer

Good thing she's getting married then. Ever see "Single White Female?"
Old 09-22-09, 12:00 PM   #18
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post
ha!..i cant say anything....we got married in vegas by Elvis because it was cheaper and more fun than an traditional wedding..plus my wife is a huge Elvis fan...I think thats why her friend is doing it.....that and she likes to copy my wife....no joke.
Hmmm...so zackly how far does she go copying yer wife???
Oh never mind.

So if Elvis is alive, I wonder who he's impersonating?
Oh never mind.
Old 09-22-09, 01:28 PM   #19
BigBassin144

Quote:
Frankly, I'm glad DH was picked, especially if it gets pushed back to June. I know it gets hot up here in Southern Indiana during the Summer, but I'm not sure I would consider June in Alabama a vacation. More like an extended trip to the sauna. Plus, at DH, we can do some walleye fishing too.

Ok, I think I'd rather be at Dale Hallow because of these two point there.

My last experience fishing in June in Alabama, although fun, was hot as hell! But with our messed up weather the last couple years, it could be 60 there in June when we go or 110.

They got walleye that far south? I thought there'd mostly be sauger down there. anyways: Yes to the walleye, if we can get enough of those, we may not even have to eat the bass!! and John will finally get to try one to see how amazing they are.

BB
Old 09-22-09, 05:23 PM   #20
woody

I will gladly host the 2010 Get Together at Dale Hollow, if that is the location we can all agree upon.

It does seem that Dale Hollow would be more accessible for some of you North East members to attend for the first time.

This is still open for discussion.

~Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 05:53 PM   #21
WTL

Dale Hollow is a great location, it sounds good to me. But yall are gonna need to really pick a date, I have heard June but I thought that we had to do it earlier this year so that some members could attend. Its farther north so ya just have to keep that in mind regarding the date. Hot is bad, but frozen might be worse.
Old 09-22-09, 06:10 PM   #22
JB

by march or april it should be afternoon highs of 60 or so, shouldn't be too cold for the southern crowd, for us further north it will seem like a heat wave. I'm all for dale hollow, have fished it many times and its some tough fishing but has plenty of six lb smallmouths. The locals eat almost all bass and other fish caught there. they catch and release in the grease at many of the docks/marinas
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 06:29 PM   #23
3dkicker

April 3rd through 11th would be an excellent week to have it since I'm off that week .
Old 09-22-09, 07:37 PM   #24
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
April 3rd through 11th would be an excellent week to have it since I'm off that week .
you just itchin to try one of them "clear "tubes aint ya??

zooker
Old 09-22-09, 08:05 PM   #25
Bassboss

Quote:
Bassboss...I can't imagine Dale Hollow is much farther than Wheeler for you. Maybe a little. Plus, it would depend on where at Wheeler the get-together would be at...the East end or down by Wilson Dam.

Either way would be a long haul, regardless. It's the price you pay for living down in the swamp state.

Woody, if you need any help with anything let me know. Us Hoosiers gotta stick together.
lol!! It would be a long way! But believe it or not it would be the same exact millage!! So actually, I'm good with either one!

For, me, it all boils down to who has bigger bass, I'd really like to hook into some big small mouth, or any small mouth really!

Well, that's really good to know right!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.