Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-09, 04:32 PM   #1
MO3N
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Talking Proper Rod and Reel for Spinnerbaits

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on my first few big purchases since i got into bass fishing. So i wanted to see if anyone has any good input.

First I'm looking at a spinnerbait combo im not sure on the exact reel and rod yet..... I know i want roughly a 7' rod. (I'm stuck on shore for the most part so i want to be able to throw the spinner as far as i can) MH extra fast rod...but like I said not sure on the exact one. then for a reel a fast retrieve baitcaster.

I'm looking at either the Abu Garcia Revo SX Low-pro or Shimano Curado E Low-Profile Baitcast Reels both with the 7:1 gear ratio (leaning toward the Abu Garcia caz it has free sunglasses). I will load either reel with 15 or 17lb mono. for a rod this is were I'm not to sure on. i know i want MH with extra fast tip. was looking at the shimano crucial rods but not sure. or a falcon lowrider. would kinda like a split cork handle but not a must. so if anyone has any other input on rods that would help.

My next big purchase will be a tackle bag. I see alot of people with the red bass pro bag and that looks really nice but i was thinking of somthing slightly bigger.....the reason is i live in an apartment so i want everything to be in that one bag. I dont have extra room for more plano boxes just sitting around. I would like to keep everything in that box. extra spools for my spinning reels. scents, pliers everthing. So i was either looking at that bass pro bag and just deel with having other stuff laying around or going with a Cabela's bag. anyone know if there good quality?

Also a side question. What size falcon boxes fit into the bass proshop bag.(basically what size falcon boxes match to what plano boxes)

Sorry for the long post....but IM NEW.... So i need alot of help.
MO3N is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.