Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-05, 01:04 AM   #1
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY
Default what the H*** floating worms??

floating worms..
well i pretty much understand when and were to use them..

I'll probable use them weightless T-rig.

Butt !!

??? question

I've been hearing alot of people talk about use'n them with a barrel swivel. Why, what size, does it make them sink faster? will it kill it's presentaion as well?

ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 01:07 AM   #2
CatfishHunter
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to CatfishHunter
Default Re: what the H*** floating worms??

Swivel keeps the line from twisting. As you fish a FW if you put a bend in the worm it will fall with a more eratic presentation but will cause you line to twist like hell.
CatfishHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 01:37 AM   #3
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=2canbass link=board=news;num=1107403440;start=0#0 date=02/02/05 at 23:04:00]floating worms..
well i pretty much understand when and were to use them..

I'll probable use them weightless T-rig.

Butt !!

??? question

I've been hearing alot of people talk about use'n them with a barrel swivel. Why, what size, does it make them sink faster? will it kill it's presentaion as well?

[/quote]

Actually you can use them on a c-rig also, since they tend to float up more than your typical plastic. And Cajun1011 already answered the question on the swivel. Although I don't use them when fishing plastics weightless. Just don't seem to have the line twist problems most folks do, probably because I use Fireline

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 01:38 AM   #4
Rich
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Rich

2can-a floating worm isn't exactly "floating". Cajun is correct. Take a barrel swivel and tie it on your line. then tie a short leader-maybe 10 inches, and then tie on your hook. Then get a straight tailed worm like a trick worm and rig it like a T-rig but make sure you leave a kink in it-you do NOT want it to hang straight. Work it with real quick jerks of the rod tip and it looks alive in the water. The swivel is there to prevent line twist. One of the best colors to use is pink, believe it or not.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-05, 01:57 AM   #5
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

DOOH!!! :-X

I get it .. thanks for the tips guy's. yes pink and this orange & yellow swiral I've been hearing alot about. they are defenatly on the monkey list gotta get!! thanks

DAN
Old 02-03-05, 03:07 AM   #6
powayfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The swivel will also help you keep contact with the bait a little better, but it isn't heavy enough to mess up the presentation. Somtimes if I don't have a swivel,I use a
very small split shot and it works pretty well also.

PHIL G.
Old 02-03-05, 09:23 AM   #7
catfishtonyd
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to catfishtonyd

I'm kinda old, but back in the "old days" we used to rig up a worm that we called a "swimming worm" in polite company, or a Sh*T worm if it was just us fellers around.

It was a straight tailed worm, a cream scoundrel usually cause that was about all there was, that we would rig up with two hooks. The main hook went in the nose of the bait, and threaded through about like your were putting a nightcrawler on a hook, until the whole hook shank was burried, then bring the point out. I don't recall what size hook, but it wasn't a real big one. Call it a short shank 1/0 or so. Maybe a bit smaller. Back then we only had big hooks and little ones.

Then we'd run a short leader, shorter than the worm to a smaller hook that we just stuck through the tail end of the hook sort of "wacky" style. About where the red tail would be on a purple/red tailed worm. You wanted a kink in the worm.

Than a short leader running off the front of the worm to a barrel swivel. A split shot or two depending on rather you wanted one, or had one.

Then you just cast this gizmo out and reeled it back and hung on. We was too dumb to know it wouldn't work, and I guess the fish were too cause we caught a lot of fish on it. I wonder why I don't use it anymore? I guess I got too smart for it.

I'll have to try to rig one up and take a picture of it. Maybe tomorrow if I get a chance. I gotta go to school today.
catfishtonyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-05, 03:31 AM   #8
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey thanks :-*

I'll take I'll the knowledge i can get.. do good in your skool-n. I probably can use some more of it myself

Apreciate the great advice everybody!!

Dan
2canbass
Old 02-07-05, 06:17 PM   #9
reddscott
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to reddscott

I missed 8 fish on a floating worm so i dont use them anymore LOL
reddscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.