Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-10, 02:25 AM   #1
txriebe
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Performance Fuse

Has anyone tried suffix performance fuse or berkley fireline? I'm thinkin about givin it a try but don't want to waste the money if its gonna be a bust.
Old 04-17-10, 10:31 AM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I have not tried the Sufix Performance Fused line, but I have (for a brief time) used Trilene Fireline. I really didn't care for it, and would rather use regular braided line. Maybe if I had given all season, it would have gotten limper, but it just seemed too stiff for me.

BB
Old 04-17-10, 11:28 AM   #3
nofearengineer

Once again...are we talking Fireline or Fireline Braid?

Fireline sucks but I consider Fireline Braid God's gift to fishermen.

Performance Fuse is a braid, so I would think it more reasonable to compare it to Fireline Braid than regular Fireline.
Old 04-17-10, 07:17 PM   #4
BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Once again...are we talking Fireline or Fireline Braid?

Fireline sucks but I consider Fireline Braid God's gift to fishermen.

Performance Fuse is a braid, so I would think it more reasonable to compare it to Fireline Braid than regular Fireline.
How do you figure Performance FUSE is a braided line?

People, and now it seems line companies, common misuse the term "braided" line. People use it as a name for all superlines, both braided and fused, when fused are not the same.

BB
Old 04-17-10, 09:50 PM   #5
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Isn't Fireline the fused line that is not round? I've heard it is good for cutting through grass and such but I've never tried it.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 10:00 PM   #6
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
How do you figure Performance FUSE is a braided line?

People, and now it seems line companies, common misuse the term "braided" line. People use it as a name for all superlines, both braided and fused, when fused are not the same.

BB
Anthony....Performance Fuse is a braided line.....the website even confirms this...it is braided together, then thermally fused....
Old 04-18-10, 08:39 AM   #7
Garry2rs
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The Suffix web-site talks about Braid and Weave, so I guess it is a braided line. The colour choices Neon Fire and Smoke Blue leave me cold. I have used Fireline fused and like it okay. I prefer a braid, but would take Fireline in a heart beat if that was all there was. As it fades, Fireline Fused gets a little fuzzy looking but it doesn't seem to lose any strength. I have used it on both casting and spinning reels with good success.
Garry2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 08:56 AM   #8
BigBassin144

Fireline is probably made the same way. I know for sure that the original Fireline is also made from Dyneema fibers. It is still not braid, it is a fused line, and is completely different than braid.

True, they may be braided, but they are not what we commonly refer to as "braid." And I think calling them braided lines leads people that don't know the difference to believe that fused lines (while the materials are braided) are the same as braided lines.

Fused lines and braid are both superlines due to their low stretch, and their strength compared to diameter. But fused lines, which probably are braided before being fused are much different than braided lines. I've found them to be not as manageable, and while they probably are a bit smoother than most braids, I'd still prefer a good braided line like Sufix Performance braid to a fused line like the original fireline.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.