Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-05, 08:33 PM   #1
bassmaster111
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster111
Default buzzbaits?

when is the best time of day to throw out a buzzbait?
bassmaster111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 08:38 PM   #2
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude
Default Re: buzzbaits?

im thinkin early mournin or late evening or possibly on overcast days. but i would experiment alittle and throw them in the afternoon sometimes. u never know
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 01:22 AM   #3
bassfisher14
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I grew up throwing buzzbaits all day long. I can't count the number of times I was catching bass on them at 2 or 3 in the evening. To me it all depends on where you are throwing them at (shade, heavy cover, etc.....)
bassfisher14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 09:29 PM   #4
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=bassbooger link=board=news;num=1108251209;start=0#2 date=02/12/05 at 23:22:42]I grew up throwing buzzbaits all day long. I can't count the number of times I was catching bass on them at 2 or 3 in the evening. To me it all depends on where you are throwing them at (shade, heavy cover, etc.....)[/quote]

Also conditions, such as wind, cloudy etc. You can catch bass all day on them, depending on overall conditions.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:37 PM   #5
bigcheese43
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigcheese43

well do they bbite more when its cloudy or rainy or what?
Just wondering what your opinion is
bigcheese43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:47 PM   #6
gonefishy2002
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to gonefishy2002

I have caught most of my bass on buzzbaits at night! The rest of the time the first and last couple of hours of the day are my next choices but anytime it is overcast and the water temp is above 55-60 degrees i will give them a shot.
gonefishy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:51 PM   #7
macgyver
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to macgyver

[quote author=gammarama link=board=news;num=1108251209;start=0#5 date=02/13/05 at 20:47:52] I have caught most of my bass on buzzbaits at night! The rest of the time the first and last couple of hours of the day are my next choices but anytime it is overcast and the water temp is above 55-60 degrees i will give them a shot.[/quote]

Great response IMO. Any Low Light conditoins, or when the bass are feeding hard on baitfish.

Lizards
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 10:58 PM   #8
ALAN_RAMSEY
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to ALAN_RAMSEY

i personally like to throw a buzzbait in everyspot i find thats shallow and provides good structure for big bass..

sometimes i'll throw one to fish of a spot a have braught a few out of to give them one last try before move on

agree with everbody!! good times to throw one are overcast and slitly windy days early morn and eves as well.. dont forget to give a black one a rip night fishingas well
ALAN_RAMSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-05, 11:48 PM   #9
Bassin_Dude
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to Bassin_Dude

[quote author=2canbass link=board=news;num=1108251209;start=0#7 date=02/13/05 at 20:58:07]
sometimes i'll throw one to fish of a spot a have braught a few out of to give them one last try before move on

[/quote]
HUH ???
Bassin_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 02:15 AM   #10
bassmaster1983
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to bassmaster1983

I had good luck with them last year in and around lilly pads in all kinds of summer weather during sun-up till sun down. They say that they will call up bass from deeper water also. I want to try that this year. The best color seems to be, for me, yellow or chartruse. I am also going to have a follow up bait ready for the ones I miss.

Bob
bassmaster1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 05:18 AM   #11
nicholastown
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to nicholastown

I love buzzbaits,
No, you won't catch as many fish on them as you would other baits, most of the time. No they are not usually the most effective lure to throw at a lot of given times, but man they are fun. Of course buzzbaits are effective in low light conditions, like early and late in the day. Most all topwaters are more effective at these times of day. Buzzbaits however will catch fish any time of the day when other topwaters won't. Buzzbaits draw a reaction strike from bass even when they aren't actively chasing food. This is why you can catch fish on buzzbaits on the brightest, sunniest, hottest day of the summer. Another thing about buzzbaits is that they tend to draw strikes from larger fish. Now, most people will say that a large fish will not chase a bait very far, and that they want the most food for the least amount of action. Well, this is probably true in most cases. For one reason or another, a buzzbait is the exception to that rule. You make make more casts without a fish throwing a buzzbait than you would say a fluke, or crankbait, or worm, but the payoff is usually better. Ok, enough rambling, good fishing guys.
nicholastown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-05, 04:12 PM   #12
zooker___________.
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via ICQ to zooker___________.

I asked the same question awhile back, anytime you see water boiling. Topwater is fun stuff?
zooker___________. is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.