Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 11-04-11, 09:18 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default stealing again

Starting in 1978 Dr. Quertermus compiled records of club tournaments and
now contracts with the Georgia Wildlife Resources Division on it. The Georgia Bass Chapter Federations require each of their clubs to send in a detailed report after each tournament. Each report includes number of fishermen, number of hours fished, lake, winning weight, total weight, total number of bass, big bass weight, number of limits, number of zeroes, number of spots, largemouth and other bass, and more.

Hard To Catch A Keeper Bass
One of the most surprising facts to me is the amount of time it takes a typical club fisherman to land a keeper bass and the average size of that bass. It has been very consistent over the 30 years of this study that the catch rate is .20 to .25. That means it takes four to five hours on average for a club fisherman to land one keeper. And that keeper will average less than 1.5 pounds.The increasing population of spotted bass is well documented by this report. Lakes where spots are not native have seen huge increases in them. Jackson Lake had 99.52 percent largemouth reported in 1994. By 2007 that had changed to 52.4 percent. Russell had 96.66 percent largemouth in 1994 and 49.4 percent in 2007. For good or bad those changes were brought about by illegal stocking of spots by fishermen

Stole this from another site, same one as last post I stole.
I can't wait to here the reaction on this one!

Same post
Best Months For Bass Fishing

The best months for catching bass are April, March and May followed by October and November. No surprise there. But it was a surprise when he looked at night tournaments and found it really does not make any difference if you fish during the day or night even during the hottest months as far as catch rates go. It may be a lot more comfortable fishing at night but the bass don't seem to care.

There was a difference in spots and largemouth at night. In looking at 677 day tournaments and 758 night tournaments on lakes with both spots and largemouth, there were more largemouth caught in day tournaments and more spots caught in night tournaments. It is a good idea to plan your night trips to lakes with good populations of spots.

When can you catch your biggest bass? Dr. Quertermus found the winning stringer weight for bass was higher in January, February, March and December. Also, the average biggest bass caught in tournaments was higher in March and February. So go fishing right now for bigger bass

Happy fishing!
Hey Georgia folks, whats your input on all this?

Last edited by joedog; 11-04-11 at 09:28 AM.
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 09:33 AM   #2
joedog

I always wanted to be the first one to post on my own thread. Just joking. Just wanted to add that this stolen post directly reflects on some of the recent threads we have been chatting on..
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-11, 10:04 AM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Cough cough...
Old 11-04-11, 11:09 AM   #4
kennethdaysale

No nead for anybody to clear their throat. This info simply reflects when heavy fish are caught, not when an individual bass is at their heaviest during the course of a year.

Spent most of my life in Ga. and I like Spots, they normally utilize that middle portion of the water column that is normally preferred by stripers and hybrids and such. And seems that they pull just a little bit harder than LMB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.