Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-11, 12:31 PM   #1
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default NFE - E-ladder pics

Mounted on jackplate in stowed position

Stowed, motor trimmed down

Deployed, motor trimmed down

Deployed

This is the usual position of my outboard when on the trolling motor, trimmed up. With ladder deployed you really don't "climb" out of the water. The ladder gives your foot purchase to push yourself out of the water and onto the rear deck much like forgive me a whale beaching itself. The ladder in conjunction with the caviation plate give a base for the left and right foot to push yourself onto the deck. The back deck of my boat is really less than a foot out of the water, so it's not like you're climbing a ladder, just a foot hold to push yourself onto the deck.

Left foot on ladder, right foot on motor, your body will pretty much float, set feet and launch your body onto the beach, er I mean deck. My trim switch is on the same side as the ladder, so I can adjust the motor angle while hanging the ladder.

Last edited by bassboogieman; 02-26-11 at 12:44 PM.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-11, 12:49 PM   #2
bcklash

Thanks Boogieman, that helps me. That's what I going to buy.
Old 02-26-11, 01:36 PM   #3
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Very interesting....

I see it does hang down quite low. Looks to be almost as low as the prop shaft.

And yes, I see you can use the right foot on the outboard.

I'm still worried without a jack plate. it might be very tough, as you'd be more "under" the boat than behind it.

A jack plate is a major mod, since all of my linkage and steering cables would have to be modified too. My next outboard is definitely getting electric/hydraulic steering.

Do they make a "right handed" version? My Opti' trim is on the starboard side.

Oh well, thanks for the pictures...I'm giving one of these serious consideration.
Old 02-26-11, 01:48 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

I installed mine this morning. Took less than 40 minutes.. looks good and it works great. I had to tilt the motor up and use it as a hand rail.

I like it.

Capt Mike
Old 02-26-11, 07:52 PM   #5
nofearengineer

I think you guys have just about sold me on it.

I'd buy one right now, but then I'd just have to install it. I am flat WHOOPED from installing my Terrova. Good lord, getting a ratchet and socket blind into my bow to get the mounting plate on was a BEAST.

Oh yeah, inadvertently shorting out my trolling motor wires with the ratchet handle was GREAT. I scraped my arm all up as I jerked it out of the opening at light speed. I'm sure my neighbors head my use of choice language. Thank god for circuit breakers.

However, I now can not go fishing tomorrow. It melted the #8 to #6 wire adapter for my trolling motor receptacle. So I have to order another one. $20 down the drain, and a week wasted. But boy, does the new TM look sharp.
Old 02-26-11, 09:37 PM   #6
bamabassman

now that i see this MOUNTED, i too like it. how much is this again? looks easy enought o make on your own. customize it to your taste. hmmmm...........
Old 02-26-11, 11:04 PM   #7
bassboogieman

I just looked these up on line and OMG they list @ $215.00. I bought mine direct from the manufacturer a couple years ago and paid like $135.00 + shipping. Doesn't look like they sell direct any more, but you might try contacting them direct via e-mail. Couldn't hurt to ask.
Old 02-27-11, 11:31 AM   #8
nofearengineer

Well, as it looks like I'm going to have to remove my batteries again , it will be the perfect time to get a longer outboard bolt in there so I can mount one of these. The Monkey works in strange, devious ways.
Old 02-27-11, 04:05 PM   #9
bassboogieman

Good idea - we wouldn't want you to drop your ratchet across a set of battery terminals..............................
Old 02-27-11, 04:42 PM   #10
Captmikestarrett

Stephanie Rabal

R & R Design, Inc.

972-524-1789

They sell direct..

Capt Mike
Old 02-28-11, 01:32 PM   #11
nofearengineer

Thanks, Mike. I'm going to give her a call.
Old 02-28-11, 10:43 PM   #12
Jackl

I have a cheaper solution! When I fell out of my boat several years ago, I just stepped on the cavitation plate and reached around to the lift button and let the motor lift me up to where I could just step over on the deck of the boat!!
JackL
Old 03-11-11, 11:49 AM   #13
nofearengineer

Thanks, Mike. I just bought one, and it'll be on the way next week. They apparently have to do something different to make it starboard mount..."build it backwards," so to speak.

Gentlemen, I think my boat is now ready for this year. Just in time to go after some big, bedding females.
Old 03-11-11, 12:05 PM   #14
bassboogieman

Quote:
Gentlemen, I think my boat is now ready for this year.
Ya think? I wouldn't bet on it. You have a transducer guard on the t/m? I can hook you up, I know the guy who makdes the Wee Vee transducer guard.
I think you need some LED's for night fishing. A BIGGER OUTBOARD - . Ok, I'll stop now.
Old 03-11-11, 12:10 PM   #15
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Ya think? I wouldn't bet on it. You have a transducer guard on the t/m? I can hook you up, I know the guy who makdes the Wee Vee transducer guard.
I think you need some LED's for night fishing. A BIGGER OUTBOARD - . Ok, I'll stop now.
My trolling motor transducer is integral. No protection needed. Until I get a second side-imaging unit, that is.

Funny you should mention LED's.

A bigger outboard. Like the Brooklyn Bums would say..."just wait til next year."
Old 03-11-11, 02:54 PM   #16
JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Gentlemen, I is now ready for this year. Just in time to go after some big, bedding females.

LOL don't forget protection using that backwards ladder
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 06:04 PM   #17
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
LOL don't forget protection using that backwards ladder
ROFL...it's a tough choice...freeze to death, or mangle your junk......hmmmmmm

Old 04-04-11, 09:51 AM   #18
nofearengineer

Hey Boogie....does your E Ladder shake around and make a hellacious amount of noise? Mine does.

I'd put a big rubber band around it, but they dry rot in the sun in no time. Gotta figure something out. I swear I heard that thing CLANG every time I drove over a pebble yesterday. Luckily, it's not hitting the boat...I pushed on it and could still pass a couple sheets of paper between it and the transom.
Old 04-04-11, 10:06 AM   #19
bassboogieman

The slide is loose in the bracket part, with about a 1/16" of play. It will rattle if I manipulate it by hand, but it's not something I hear while towing or on the water. Rather than the rubber band you could insert a small rubber wedge between the slide and the bracket, it you're annoyed by the sound, leave it long enough to grab hold of to remove it, or the ladder part may not drop down. Again, it's not something I've ever noticed, just went out to check it before I answered you and found there is some play between the two sections of the ladder. A piece of parachute cord in the gap would also stop the rattle and be easy to pull out, nylon should last at least a season. I'm surprised you noticed anything over the ROAR OF THE HEMI, I haven't the last two years I've had the ladder. .
Old 04-04-11, 11:47 AM   #20
Fishnngolfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Hey Boogie....does your E Ladder shake around and make a hellacious amount of noise? Mine does.

I'd put a big rubber band around it, but they dry rot in the sun in no time. Gotta figure something out. I swear I heard that thing CLANG every time I drove over a pebble yesterday. Luckily, it's not hitting the boat...I pushed on it and could still pass a couple sheets of paper between it and the transom.

Maybe a velcro strap would help?
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.