Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-06, 06:42 AM   #26
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I hear another challenge being formed. This oughta be good. Picture this......A PNJ and a ZOOK on the lake at the same time. Someone has GOT to video this.
1FASTLASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-06, 08:51 AM   #27
GOV
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abugarcia6
i bought me a new baitcaster with my christmas money. It was the ambassaduer 2005lp on a nice 7 foot qauntum rod. Has anyone had any problem with this baitcaster?

LOL!! With all the talk about these backlashes, I think I'll start off with the Bill Dance $39.99 baitcaster combo first, rather than the BPS Extreme Combo for $100. Maybe I will go back to the old Spinning reel after all, if I can't get the hang of the baitcaster. No sense in spending $100 and not like what you bought.
GOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-06, 05:22 PM   #28
pig n jig

Laser, We grew up near one another, fished the same lakes and streams.Finally he is coming home again.I hope to get to fish at least a couple of days together before he goes back.I live very near his uncle which is where I suspect he is going. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-06, 06:47 AM   #29
1FASTLASER

I see. I was just giving u 2 he@@. Its one of the things I do good at LOL. I was thinking (LOOK OUT) it would be pretty cool for a bunch of us to get together and actually hold a tourney. I used to live in pa. and fished alot of lakes in you and zooks stomping grounds and there are quite a few others on here that still live up or around you. Used to fish candlewood,greenwood.the pack,all the well known lakes in north jersey and pa. I think that would be awsome if we did something like this.
Old 01-04-06, 06:52 AM   #30
1FASTLASER

Gov
It dont take a masters degree to learn a baitcaster. Just some time and patience to get your thumb educated. One mistake in learning a baitcaster is buying a real cheap one to learn with. Buy a middle of the road one and you will learn much easier. When starting someone out with a baitcaster I always have done this even with my 2 boys and they learned easier because the quality of the reel allowed them to do so.
Old 01-05-06, 02:43 AM   #31
bass kicker

casting the reel in the yard is alot different using it on the lake i sucked at using it on land but it took 1 fishin trip to get some what good at it

backlashes are not that big of a deal dont get discouraged after getting a few of them just reajust the tension knob and try again until you get it after that it is simple

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.