Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-06-08, 09:13 AM   #1
astroman@89
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Any help???

This is my first post and I have seen a lot of good info being passed here and everyone seems friendly. I just bought a used 1994 Astro S-15B bass boat with a 90hp merc on it. i have taken it out twice with no problems other than forgetting to put the plug in the first time out. that sucked, but you gotta learn sometime. Heres my question: I know that Astro no longer manufactures boats so it is hard to find info on them. But i was wondering if anyone has experience with them and can give me any info on parts or manuals or anything. Any advice is better than what I know right now. Also, I have a 36lb thrust tm on it and the boat is just shy of 16ft. does that sound effecient enough to manuever around?? Thanks in advance.
astroman@89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 01:30 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I can't help with any of your questions, but I can welcome you to this site and don't be a stranger. Alot of good people on this board.
Old 03-06-08, 01:32 PM   #3
bcklash

And your not the first, nor will you be the last to leave your plug out.
Old 03-06-08, 06:10 PM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

astro are now known as procraft boats. back when they built your square nose. astro were the bass boats procraft were the ski boats. now adays procraft are the bass boats and astro's are massive ski boats-think master craft-

a 90 merc on an s15b?? thought early 90's astro's were johnson powered.-the infamus johnson 88- but what ever.. they ride good and fish good i am not a fan of the storage compartments.. on a 15'9'' boat a 90 will run out about 45-48 mph the 94 is kinda of a heavy boat for it's size.. 36 troller does seem light -i have a 52 pound thrust mg on my 15'8'' boat-

zooker
Old 03-06-08, 07:25 PM   #5
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

As for finding parts ,This is my opinion Astro which I understood and guess I was wrong was the fiberglas boat bass pro sold before Nitro.But I digress boat dealers buy their parts from suppliers ie;guages steering electronics steering ect.All these parts are available ,usually, by chaseing the manufacture on the internet,the only parts that might be hard to find might be body parts,like winsheild glove box door ect.and THAT is what ebay is for .
By the way WELCOME and as for the plug it happens to the best of us ,er um best of them ya thats what I ment LOL.and it will happen again,not a biggy just blame it on someone else.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08, 09:37 PM   #6
bamabassman

i can't help ya either man. but i too will welcome another brother of the fishing family. welcome and pull up a chair and tell us a fishing story.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-08, 06:25 AM   #7
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
i can't help ya either man. but i too will welcome another brother of the fishing family. welcome and pull up a.......
LMAO!! Thought you was gonna tell him pull a plug. ROTFLMAO Sometimes I just kill myself.
Welcome to the boards bud. That 90 hp mMerc can make some serious ponies with a little work. She is a strong engine. I owned one and would own another with no hesitation. The troller is WAY to small. As zook said get at least something in the 50lb range. Only way to control that boat in the wind. I have a similar boat that I fish outta occaisonaly and it cam with a 41lb thrust. Fished once and that was on a calm nigh................got through fishing in the wee hours in the morning and went straight to the store. Got a 67lb thrust now. Get the picture. Bigger is WAY better when it comes to trollers
Old 03-07-08, 07:49 AM   #8
astroman@89
BassFishin.Com Member

Default yep

Yeah, I've been looking at upgrading the tm. they are just so #### expensive. Luckily i dont need to order any parts right now because everything is in excellent condition but I am just looking more down the road. The 90hp merc on there is in great condition and looks brand new when you take the top off the engine so I know the previous owner took great care of it. Thanks for all the quick replies on my post.
astroman@89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-08, 03:59 PM   #9
bamabassman

laser, you are too funny dude. pull a plug....hahaha. but seriously, i haven't had time to get the cajun out again laser. but i will next sat i hope. will let you know about the leaning thing.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.