Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-06, 04:21 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Release areas/Marina's

Just wanted to get some opinions on the following. I fish a lot of tournaments on the Potomac River. There are two large ramps/marina's that hold a majority of the tournaments on the river. A majority of the fish caught in tournaments are released at these sites, literally thousands a year. Basically the structure or cover around these areas always hold fish in large numbers.
Would you spend your entire day fishing one or both of these areas in a state, region, or national tournament if allowed?
Would you spend your entire day fishing one or both of thse areas in a club tournament?
I guess my question is this....Is it sporting to fish for bass that have been released in an area or basically stocked like a catfish or trout pond?
Old 07-10-06, 04:33 PM   #2
Gunny BBS
BassFishin.Com Member

David, I think I know (well I do know) which two you are talking about, and one is better then the other I think. SW I think is not as good as Lee's do to the about of grass and near SW, I think those fished released stay around Lee's alittle longer then SW. I don't think would fish those 2 places for one reason, boat traffic, your going to have to fight it at either place, because you know as well as I there is most likely a TX out of both on the same day!! But I don't think it would be a bad thing to do, as long as your TX launches at one and you fish the other!! I have tried it but not had alot of success at it!!
PRO's Soft~Bait Glue
Cooks Go to Tackle Systems
HeavyCover.com
Gary Yamamoto Cust Baits

Gunny BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-06, 11:18 AM   #3
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

It's true that you are not guaranteed a fish at either ramp but your odds of picking up a good fish (over 15") is much higher than any place else on the river just due to the numbers of fish released there each week. Especially in the spring time. If you were the TD for the day would you make them off limits in a tournament?

Gunny - "not had alot of success at it!!" Hmmmm? We need to get out so we can remedy this! I like testing new baits at LSP. I don't spend a lot of time at SW but I've seen many limits of fish come out of that area.

Smitty
www.smittystubes.com

Last edited by 3dkicker; 07-11-06 at 11:47 AM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.