Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-06, 11:10 AM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Custom color plastics

Anyone out there ever want to get a custom color tube or worm made and couldn't find anyone to make it? Let's say you wanted a 5" black and white swirl tube (zebra) to fish your favorite pond or lake. If you found someone to make it but you would have to buy 2,500 or more what do you do? If you have run into this problem please post your solution.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 11:28 AM   #2
FlyRod

You might form a "Co-op" with other fisherman. Have a meeting to decide which colors and styles you most agree on, then order in bulk. When they arrive, each member pays (might wanna collect in advance...you know how some people are.) his share based on a pro rata for product and shipping.
I did this a few years ago when buying some Red Shad 4" Power Worms in the 100 pack. There were four of us and we ordered 6 bags, giving each of us 150 worms to last through a period when that particular worm was the hot ticket.

Hope this helps.
F.Rod
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 01:37 PM   #3
pig n jig

Its difficult to find someone who will make the color you want.Bear paws used to, don't know if they still do , but they didn't require you to buy a large amount of them either by most standards.I checked with alluring baits, They want me to buy 25,000 of the bait in the special color order.Hell, I anit got enough time left on this planet to use that many of them.P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-06, 01:50 PM   #4
crankybait

try pourboys plastics... they give custom colors and you only need to buy 50
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 12:33 PM   #5
3dkicker

Flyrod - Yep, have done that too but what if you wanted a custom color. I know retailers that have ask Berkley for 60K worms of a specific color and they would not make them.
Pignjig - looks like you have run into the same problem. It's tuff to sell 25k baits to your buddies. I've bought 500 of a color and sold 400 to friends but you can only do that so many times.
I've got to check pourboys and bear paws out. Thanks.
I'm putting a site together to list companies or businesses that do custom work for the weekend anglers, those who enjoy club tournaments, or those who like to fish money tournaments but don't have the big sponsers.
If you have the names of a couple companies that do really good work, email them to me. I'd like to check them out.

David
smitty@smittystubes.com
Old 06-22-06, 04:48 PM   #6
mymomisbecky
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default ill handle it :)

Ill do a custom color for anyone, at any time, with no minimum order. Obviously I would hope if you were happy with the product id have you as a repeat customer.
Clearly the big boys will not do this as they would have to make a big run for it to be worth their while. Some of the smaller hand poured (hand poured is better ) will do this for you, including myself.
Let me know what color exactly you are looking for, and if I have the bait on my site, ill crank one out for you.
Keep in mind, i have a few molds that I need to photograph etc that arent up on the site yet, including a baby brush hog type, a leech, small ribbed craw trailer, paddle tail stik bait, 3 inch kalins grub, a spinner/chatter trailer, a lizard type bait as well.
Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Thanks
Here is the link.
http://www.mymomisbecky.com
mymomisbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 06:44 PM   #7
FlyRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdavidl
Flyrod - Yep, have done that too but what if you wanted a custom color. I know retailers that have ask Berkley for 60K worms of a specific color and they would not make them.
Pignjig - looks like you have run into the same problem. It's tuff to sell 25k baits to your buddies. I've bought 500 of a color and sold 400 to friends but you can only do that so many times.
I've got to check pourboys and bear paws out. Thanks.
I'm putting a site together to list companies or businesses that do custom work for the weekend anglers, those who enjoy club tournaments, or those who like to fish money tournaments but don't have the big sponsers.
If you have the names of a couple companies that do really good work, email them to me. I'd like to check them out.

David
smitty@smittystubes.com
Didn't mean to suggest that Berkley would heed the need. Just used that as an example of "Co-op" buying.

FR
FlyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-06, 07:20 PM   #8
crankybait

smith, i see you run a lure company. cant you make the color you need?
crankybait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-06, 06:59 PM   #9
3dkicker

Default Custom colors

Just tubes. That's all I sell but I can only get them 500 at a time myself. But I do have only a couple sources that will do some custom work on other types of baits (with low minimum purchases). Now I have a couple more just from one post on this forum.
I had a need for some custom size and color tubes a few years ago. Took me years to find someone to make them. Then I got to thinking about other baits. For example I'd love to have some custom blended lizards. So I'd like to post some sites that will do this type of work. That way from one site you would have many options to chose from. Just from the response I've gotten it seems there is a need and someone who will fill the need.
I'm just a custom plastics pimp.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 06-29-06 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 11:33 AM   #10
AlluringBaits
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
Its difficult to find someone who will make the color you want.Bear paws used to, don't know if they still do , but they didn't require you to buy a large amount of them either by most standards.I checked with alluring baits, They want me to buy 25,000 of the bait in the special color order.Hell, I anit got enough time left on this planet to use that many of them.P N J

Must have got the comma wrong or something. I only have to order 10,000 for a custom. should be more like 2,000 (or 2,500)

25,000 WOW!!!!!!

b
AlluringBaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 12:37 PM   #11
Bender

Since this was dug up from the past and MMIB is no longer making baits that I know of, I can do it for you as well. If it is a mold that we currently have and using a base color that we know how to make then there is no minimum. If it is something completely special then we might have to do a small minimum, depending on what it is. It is just not practical for us to make one bag of sticks, since our smallest batch makes 30-32 5"ers.
Let me know if you have anything in mind. www.nemesisbaits.com
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 04:45 PM   #12
3dkicker

Wow! You dug up one of my first posts on this site. Of course I'll cut you some slack for doing this just because it's my post.

I'm always interested in working with guys who'll make custom colors for people and not require huge orders. Only thing though is that I want to have experience with the baits before I recommend them.

Whatcha got that's new (or old) and cause me to go ?
Old 04-18-08, 06:50 PM   #13
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

uh-oh, i hear da bait monkey.... lol.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-08, 09:32 PM   #14
Bender

Alluring baits dug it up, I am taking advantage. Right now the hardest thing we have to do is get good photos that show colors. We tried different camera, I built a light tent, all to no avail.
Here is one great color:

for dirty water. We also have it with copper instead of chartreuse flakes. I made a new one last night that I will try to get a photo of tonight.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-08, 05:48 PM   #15
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
uh-oh, i hear da bait monkey.... lol.
Not quite ya see, me and the monkey got a little deal going. Every winter around November I start loading up on baits so that when he really starts gettin' in your ear you come and visit me at the shows . I'm always looking for that bait that makes you break out that last $5 or $10 hidden in your wallet when you're in my booth. Of course I give him his share but it kinda works out between us.

Caught me napping on who pulled up the old post. I'll pay better attention on the next one

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.