Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-09, 08:44 PM   #1
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishin' the cold side

Got out today on the cold side of Anna for a while and messed around. I fished a couple areas and checked out the water temps and found 51 to 54.5 degrees. Found some crappie, bluegill, and small bass in groups in the back of the warmer coves. Couldn't get anything to eat a bait so I continued to fish points leading into the coves. No success there either. Found one bass up shallow that was in pretty bad shape - I'll post pics later - and still couldn't get bit.
Ran to another creek and found a large school of crappie, bluegill, and bass (over 50 fish) under a shallow dock but couldn't get a bite. Tested a couple new baits and no success. Found a nice fish over 4lbs cruising and spooked it. Saw one of the guides mowing his lawn so I idled over and chatted. He said things were tough due the cold front and guys had it tough yesterday on the lake.
Finally finished the day in another small creek. Saw one nice fish in the 4+ class cruising but not interested. Put a small swimbait in front of another smaller bass and nothing. Very tough on the water with one exception which I'll post tomorrow .

Kevin - for some reason my username and password wouldn't allow me to post on the Fishing Report page.
Old 03-22-09, 08:51 PM   #2
Captmikestarrett

You hafto re register on that section..

The forum password / username will not work there..

Follow the sign up process.

Capt Mike
Old 03-22-09, 08:54 PM   #3
3dkicker

Thanks. Catchin' any bass along with the specks? Friend of mine witnessed a 8-1 that was caught last weekend.
Old 03-22-09, 09:00 PM   #4
Captmikestarrett

Got about 17 last two days in the spoils. Two around 4 lbs and the rest all ice cold dinks.

Capt Mike
Old 03-22-09, 09:05 PM   #5
3dkicker

Nice. Ran into a bunch of specks today. All were shallow and spooked easily. A few of them were ok sized. No real big ones. Might visit a brush pile or two next weekend.
Old 03-22-09, 09:13 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

3d Bout the same here today too, we ran into schools or crappie and white bass in the front third of the creeks, got a few bass near the warmer water near gravel, fun day for sure since the ice out!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-09, 04:05 PM   #7
3dkicker

I fished shallow coves, deep coves, gravel banks, rip rap, clay banks, sandy points, rocky points, gravel points, clay points, laydowns, pilings (submerged), stumps, docks, and everything else I could think of. The baits I used included a GP Craw Papi, chatterbait type bait, crankbait, a plastic swimbait w/ 1/2oz head and a couple more that I can't think of at the moment. I fished them fast and slow and probably got a bite or two but they just bumped the bait. Probably should have brought the old shad rap which catches fish in 54 degree water.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 03-23-09 at 04:23 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.