Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 05-17-08, 09:53 PM   #1
skeeterman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to skeeterman
Default Yes its fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!

Got my boat out of the shop today after i had a blown head gasket.I was so worried that i may have had a problem with the powerhead.But thank god i didn't.Today she idled so smooth and had plenty of power im so pleased They only charged me 230.00 to repair the head gasket.I was expecting to have my boat back around three weeks.But i lucked up and the boats ahead of me need to have parts ordered. So he went ahead and fixed mine.I took it to them tuesday and it was ready friday.I tried fishing today and didn't catch one thing.But i was so happy to have my boat running.Before i forget thanks Zooker and all those who answered my questions.Thanks a million.
skeeterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 10:25 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

congrats, bad day of fishing is better than no day fishing. i broke the forward/reverse cable on my boat today.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 01:39 AM   #3
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
Got my boat out of the shop today after i had a blown head gasket.I was so worried that i may have had a problem with the powerhead.But thank god i didn't.Today she idled so smooth and had plenty of power im so pleased They only charged me 230.00 to repair the head gasket.I was expecting to have my boat back around three weeks.But i lucked up and the boats ahead of me need to have parts ordered. So he went ahead and fixed mine.I took it to them tuesday and it was ready friday.I tried fishing today and didn't catch one thing.But i was so happy to have my boat running.Before i forget thanks Zooker and all those who answered my questions.Thanks a million.
you should take some video of it running on the rater i for one like to see, since i have the exact boat, mine is 87 strada f-80 same color and all, I have a 60HP mariner on mine.

joe
joecnc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 04:06 AM   #4
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i still aint got any pictures of mine running...

if ya fish in a high pressured lake the lil boat will allow you to fish in places a big boat wont go.. kinda like finding your own untapped spot..

zooker
Old 05-18-08, 05:24 AM   #5
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I know ya just got through spending a chunk of change but I wanna tell ya that ifn ya dont have one a water pressure gauge is probablly the easiest way to keep that from happening again and as well with the psi gauge you can get some performance outta your rig. You will know by watching the psi gauge that you have lifted your motor to high off of the transom. Ifn ya wanna further talk about this gimme a holler.
Old 05-18-08, 05:32 AM   #6
skeeterman

1fastlaser how do you install this on a boat and whats the cost of this?
Old 05-18-08, 05:36 AM   #7
1FASTLASER

The install is very easy and straight forward. You need a holesaw of the appropiate size which off the top of my head is 1 5/8. Dont quote me as the coffee hasnt kicked in yet. Its that easdy on the console side. You have to run the tubing back to the motor and then install a simple t in a water line which if you go ahead and do this I will tell you the exact location you need to put it. Its that simple. The cost is less than $40 if you have the holesaw already. Lemme know what ya think bud as I have to get you a pic of the motor with the exact location of the T for the hook up.
Old 05-18-08, 05:38 AM   #8
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
i still aint got any pictures of mine running...

if ya fish in a high pressured lake the lil boat will allow you to fish in places a big boat wont go.. kinda like finding your own untapped spot..

zooker

Ya know thats one thing I havent done myself neither is get someone to shoot some vid footage of me running the Silver Bullet. Thats something on my todo list.
Old 05-18-08, 05:47 AM   #9
skeeterman

I have access to a holesaw thats no problem.And i believe i can do it if i have some pic and a little help from you lol.Anything thats going to prevent this from happing again im for it lol
Old 05-18-08, 05:52 AM   #10
skeeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecnc2006 View Post
you should take some video of it running on the rater i for one like to see, since i have the exact boat, mine is 87 strada f-80 same color and all, I have a 60HP mariner on mine.

joe
Finally i have someone with a boat like mine.These are some great little boats.My cousin has a 2007 strattos with a 70 hp yamaha and my boat runs just as good as his.He has more bells and whistles though.But mine is paid for lol Hey joe how many gallons is your fuel tank? I have a 6 gallon tank but i want to squeeze a 9 gallon tank in there with the fuel gauge on top.

Last edited by skeeterman; 05-18-08 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-18-08, 03:20 PM   #11
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Finally i have someone with a boat like mine.These are some great little boats.My cousin has a 2007 strattos with a 70 hp yamaha and my boat runs just as good as his.He has more bells and whistles though.But mine is paid for lol Hey joe how many gallons is your fuel tank? I have a 6 gallon tank but i want to squeeze a 9 gallon tank in there with the fuel gauge on top.
I have the original 6gal. metal tank in it, I want to fit two new plastic 6gal. side by side with a gas hose between themso when i fill one the other will fill and in essence have a 12gal tank.

I think the rule of thumb is 6 gal per hour of running, so this should give me two hours worth I hope.

Joe
Old 05-18-08, 05:18 PM   #12
skeeterman

This is kinda what im looking for.Just have to take the measurements and make sure it fits in place good.And is also able to strap down.Its a 12 gallon tank

Old 05-19-08, 11:35 PM   #13
joecnc2006
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
This is kinda what im looking for.Just have to take the measurements and make sure it fits in place good.And is also able to strap down.Its a 12 gallon tank

where did you find that one at, it looks good.

here are some with diminsions.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...tank&noImage=0

joe
Old 05-19-08, 11:59 PM   #14
skeeterman

I found it on ebay.Thanks for the other diminsions. I believe i have come up with a way to make everything fit nice and neat with out any sliding around.I will post some pic when i get everything set up.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.