Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 04-12-15, 04:49 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Ok, Boys

Time for my annual warning:

It is warming up and we are getting out on the water. Before you go get a bottle of sunscreen and USE IT!

It is a lot less expensive and painful to prevent skin cancer than it is to have a doctor treat it. I have first hand experience with both prevention and treatment and I prefer prevention. Sunburns aren't fun either, so get and use sunscreen.
Old 04-13-15, 07:11 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Good advice for anyone doing anything outdoors.
Old 04-22-15, 11:32 PM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Just went to the skin doctors today. Was worried about some stuff on my forearms. Read on another site that white crusty appearing spots on arm might be cancer, Doc said not malignant and not to worry. Everything ok, thank goodness. I am going to buy the sun sleaves and gloves. I don't like wearing long sleeves in the summer. Tried one of the long sleeve fishing shirts and I just feel to hot in one. Will see how the sleeves work.
Old 04-23-15, 01:07 PM   #4
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbasser View Post
Time for my annual warning:

It is warming up and we are getting out on the water. Before you go get a bottle of sunscreen and USE IT!

It is a lot less expensive and painful to prevent skin cancer than it is to have a doctor treat it. I have first hand experience with both prevention and treatment and I prefer prevention. Sunburns aren't fun either, so get and use sunscreen.
And also wear your life jacket (at least when you are going WOT) and use your kill switch!
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 09:33 AM   #5
mikechell
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
And also wear your life jacket (at least when you are going WOT) and use your kill switch!
Spend the money ... get the inflatable life vest, and wear it all the time. I think it was already mentioned in another thread ... the majority of drowned fishermen have been found with the fly unzipped.
Kill switch lanyard CONNECTED to you when underway ... life vest ON all the time.
It's not the expected dunk in the water that will kill you ... it's the "Surprise, you've been knocked over board!" Wave topples you overboard ... your head contacts a rock on the bottom. You didn't have a vest on and now you're unconscious and drowning.
mikechell is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.