Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-26-09, 08:13 PM   #1
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Went Fishing On Saturday

Alright so I went fishing on Saturday.... with my new Rapala DT-6 and Booyah Bassinator ready for some good fishing... I broke my Rapala within the first hour and I was unhappy with the Bassinator's resistance on my rod... I tied on one of my old and reliable crankbaits and picked up a small fish on my second cast... I then went on to throw that lure into a tree that was just out of my sight... Now I officially need a new set of crankbaits and a boat so I stop breaking all these lures ... I was fiddling around with various lures and then decided to switch to a worm.... I had a HUGE HUGE HUGE hit and I did everything right, but the hook still came out... maybe I got too excited and just pulled the darn hook all the way out of the fish's mouth. Anyways... I'm starting to see lots of bass in the shallows now that the water is heating up... I picked up another average sized bass on a worm a couple casts later.... As the day started heating up...75....80.... 83.... 85... 88... I switched to a Scum Frog ran along the algae on the top of the water... I had to walk all the way to the other side of the lake to get there though.... I got hit after hit after hit after hit... Then my frog got stuck on a buoy line that says boats can't cross... My frog broke... Luckily, fishermen on a boat were nice enough to get my lure for me and they got my frog that I broke a week ago! Boy, was I happy they were there! haha.. I threw my frog back out and they were watching me fish... on my first cast.. BOOM! A nice sized bass!!! They immediately switched to their frogs, but to no avail... I got another fish on the frog from last week and the fish was on! As I brought him by the buoy line, the lure got stuck on it! My fish was hangine from my lure that was hanging on the buoy line! any I was separated by huge thron bushes and about 10-15 yards of water! I was so mad... It was a nice sized bass... just sitting there for about 5 minutes, then it flopped and got itself off.... I then picked up another nice one not more than 10 minutes later.... I went to the other side of the lake and casted as far as I could and right as the lure hit the water, the water exploded and there was probably a hole in the algae of 5 yards in diameter! too bad the bass just hit the lure 20 feet towards me and didn't show itself again A little later, My scumfrog got stuck once again so I switched to my Spro frog... 5 minutes later... I see my scumfrog just floating down the lake... Just out of reach of my 7 foot rod... I saw a boat and I tried asking them to get it... they just waved and sped away... I spent 20 to 30 minutes reaching... creating waves... all sorts of ways to get it... then, I finally got my lure back but by then, the frog bite died down.......I had so many big bass encounters today but no big ones.... I had two nice ones though but I wonder how big the one bass was Maybe I will get him next weekend
B-I-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 10:44 PM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Your story shows you had a very buisy outting. One of those days that both are exciting and drive ya nuts all at the same time. I had a day like this back when I was about 18 years old. All kinds of HUGE bass hitting, but not connecting with them. But it definately make one want to get back out there as soon as poss.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-09, 11:00 PM   #3
B-I-G
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yeah I can't wait until next Saturday! Hopefully there will be more lily pads because my dad says I'm not supposed to fish over that buoy line either!
B-I-G is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.