Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Old 03-10-10, 08:45 AM   #26
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhotographer06 View Post
Very Very nice boat.
Yes a very nice boat -- ya'll check it out, sweet ride
Mark you done good
Old 03-10-10, 10:19 AM   #27
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Moore View Post
I just finished my Jon Boat project.... I just wanted an all electric bass boat

If you want to see all the pictures, I have them all posted from the begining to the end (100 pics) on my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/NiceKentucky...1&id=606104975
That looks like a nice build! What did you use to treat the wood in the boat?
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-10, 11:07 AM   #28
Shake n' Bake
BassFishin.Com Member

Wow you did a great job on that boat. I may be picking up one of those tracker 14' jon's this weekend.
Shake n' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:18 PM   #29
CABINDOC
BassFishin.Com Member

Wow, Nice job!! I am looking at picking up that same model and I like what youve done with it. I wont be doing those mods, but great ideas should I ever want to.

By the way, I know these boats are rated for 6 hp, but I would like to run my 9.9 on it. What do you think about that?
CABINDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 07:29 PM   #30
Jclower2
BassFishin.Com Member

Mark, AMAZING!
Jclower2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 01:18 PM   #31
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABINDOC View Post
By the way, I know these boats are rated for 6 hp, but I would like to run my 9.9 on it. What do you think about that?
So just maybe you just don't WOT and keep them 3 extry horses in the corral?
hehe
Old 05-09-10, 10:23 AM   #32
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

WOW Mark, what a great boat you ended up with! I'm super impressed with what you did to that jonboat. Very professional type work. WOW
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 10:45 AM   #33
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleJaw View Post

anyway that tinboat website has some really good conversions.....also here are some good ones i found for ideas:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...a%3DN%26um%3D1
wiffle i have just got to ask.. whats the deal with the all the trollers on the back? that a eletric power only lake or what??
and you notice how far back in the lake the truck is in the one picture? man that looks like a skinny water ramp...

zooker
Old 05-26-10, 09:16 AM   #34
Raezerlord
BassFishin.Com Member

Great thread guys, I am really encouraged by the pictures I am seeing. It is awesome that you can take something relatively simple and produce something so excellent out of a little effort.

I recently purchased a 15' fiberglass (jon) boat. I am not sure if it really qualifies as a jon, since it is a different hull design, but it is exactly what I was looking for and the price was right. It needs a little TLC on the outset, but I think she could be nice once I get it done.

I am wondering if there are any methods to modding to a fiberglass hull. I am not thrilled about drilling and riveting aluminum to the hull, only because of leakage concerns. Anyone have any tips on getting started. I attached a few pics o' the old girl for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00653.JPG
Views:	560
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	5212  
Raezerlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-10, 09:59 AM   #35
Abbeysdad

Why would you even consider attaching aluminum to a fiberglass hull?
Old 05-26-10, 01:25 PM   #36
WaffleJaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
wiffle i have just got to ask.. whats the deal with the all the trollers on the back? that a eletric power only lake or what??
and you notice how far back in the lake the truck is in the one picture? man that looks like a skinny water ramp...

zooker
I have no fing clue why some of them are running 3 trollers...Maybe different thrust for different types of water,conditions,etc.

Or maybe thier just dumb.
Old 05-26-10, 02:12 PM   #37
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Guessing electric only fisheries. We have a lot of those up this way.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 11:07 AM   #38
Dennis1022
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Transom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raezerlord View Post
Great thread guys, I am really encouraged by the pictures I am seeing. It is awesome that you can take something relatively simple and produce something so excellent out of a little effort.

I recently purchased a 15' fiberglass (jon) boat. I am not sure if it really qualifies as a jon, since it is a different hull design, but it is exactly what I was looking for and the price was right. It needs a little TLC on the outset, but I think she could be nice once I get it done.

I am wondering if there are any methods to modding to a fiberglass hull. I am not thrilled about drilling and riveting aluminum to the hull, only because of leakage concerns. Anyone have any tips on getting started. I attached a few pics o' the old girl for reference.
Just a little advise to you,about the transom! I would suggest that you push and pull on the transom, to make sure it isn't rotted! I bought a Tomboy 16' fiberglass and found that the transom is rotten! So I had to go and remove it, and now try to figure how to replace it. After all I'm not a fiberglass person and never worked with it! My local boat dealer showed it to me, and he said if I took this boat out on the river! I would most likely lose the motor! So take this word of advisement, it's better to be safe then sorry!
Dennis1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 10:58 PM   #39
MrPhotographer06

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

the fiberglass work isnt too hard. Trust me, i turn 18 in 15 days, and i did my boat by myself

Send me some pics to my email, and i'll point you in the right direction
MrPhotographer06@gmail.com
Old 06-16-10, 12:13 AM   #40
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1022 View Post
Just a little advise to you,about the transom! I would suggest that you push and pull on the transom, to make sure it isn't rotted! I bought a Tomboy 16' fiberglass and found that the transom is rotten! So I had to go and remove it, and now try to figure how to replace it. After all I'm not a fiberglass person and never worked with it! My local boat dealer showed it to me, and he said if I took this boat out on the river! I would most likely lose the motor! So take this word of advisement, it's better to be safe then sorry!
Tomboy bass boats, now that takes me back. I remember my high school years, where the old man next door had a tomboy bass boat. I pined for hours over that boat during class. Alas, it was not meant to be.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-10, 11:24 AM   #41
Raezerlord
BassFishin.Com Member

Well. I took out the 3 seats and built new transoms out of 1/2 ply and 1x4 treated. There is now a foredeck and aft deck that, conceivably, work well. I am planning on cutting in a livewell in the foredeck and two storage hatches in the aft deck. I glassed the front sides of the transoms in one day, and the other sides on another and epoxied the dry treated to the outer hull.

It has held up fairly well. My next plan is to add in a motor support bolted directly to the rear hull transom, which needs sanded down and the rim taken off and repalaced by 1 1/4" PVC, which will be reglassed, sanded and primed.

I purchased a used Minn Kota 3HP trolling motor for testing purposes and there is enough thrust to cruise around our small lake quite easily, at least enough to get me to the location of the post-spawn smallies. More pics to come.
Raezerlord is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.