Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 04-15-13, 11:18 AM   #1
WatterBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default My friend is an author!

Hey all, my best friend and fishing buddy Jeff, who first introduced me to bass fishing about 15 years ago, has written a book called "Everyday God." I encourage you to check it out at this link. It is a very easy read, and I read it cover to cover in just over 2 hours the first night I got my copy. I think it could be very inspirational to anyone who reads it.

This is a picture of Jeff (left) and me after a good morning of fishing on July 1 last year.

WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-13, 07:29 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Looks like a good read Dean. Do you know if it is available in Barns & Nobel stores?
Old 04-16-13, 11:06 AM   #3
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Looks like a good read Dean. Do you know if it is available in Barns & Nobel stores?
I don't think it is yet, Keith, but I'll double check and get back to you.

It is a really a series of very short stories and experiences, several of which relate to time spent up at his cabin and/or fishing.

For those of you who may not have visited the link above, here is the "overview" from that link:

Author Jeff Rathai is a self-proclaimed skeptic and logical thinker who resisted God’s advances into his life for years. God had always been a distant, silent partner—to be feared and obeyed but certainly not loved. Personal tragedy drove Jeff even further away. When the supernatural reality of Holy Spirit began to intervene in his life, however, his eyes were opened to a whole new side of God.

He suddenly saw questions and events from the past in a new light, and new paths began to open for him. The spiritual gifts available through Holy Spirit became an everyday reality, as Jeff frequently found himself in the middle of God-coordinated situations just ripe for the application of these newfound spiritual weapons.

Everyday God focuses on God’s presence in all aspects of our everyday life. Jeff shares spiritual keys and weapons that each and every one of us has at our disposal to help us through our daily struggles, along with an honest look at his own spiritual struggles along the way. Above all, he encourages us to pursue our own personal relationship with God, or to take our current relationship to the next level with a very real, and sometimes humorous, God.
Old 04-16-13, 12:57 PM   #4
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Keith, I talked to Jeff and he isn't sure if it is in any B&N stores yet, but it is on their website. He benefits more if you buy it from the link I gave in my first post, but the ultimate goal is to have people read the book and hopefully gain something from it, so in that light, anywhere people buy it from is awesome.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.