Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 01-03-11, 12:22 PM   #26
nova385
BassFishin.Com Active Member

www.kindercare.com Please!
nova385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 12:52 PM   #27
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova385 View Post
Thanks for you opinion on this discussion, it is appreciated.
Old 01-03-11, 01:07 PM   #28
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveysMinnow View Post
Good Morning Gentlemen,

It is not my intent to jump into the middle of this 'firestorm'. I only want to point out the misuse of the term "click". The term I assume you actually mean is "clique", which is a word of French origin, meaning "an exclusive group, or inner circle".

Whether this Forum actually has one or more "cliques" would, for me, be a matter of conjecture. In other words I haven't been coming here long enough to decide. But it seems there are always going to be groups formed within groups and certain 'subsets' of people who gravitate to the same beliefs or points of view. I suppose that's the premise that political parties are based on.

My only question at this point is "Why can't we all just get along?" Every member in here has the right to express his/her opinions, and whether or not everyone else agrees or disagrees will depend on the subject at hand. Maybe we all need to take one step back and remember that we come in here mainly to learn, to teach, to share, and to enjoy the many and various thoughts relevant to Bass fishing.

Perhaps some of us take ourselves too seriously at times. I try not to take myself that seriously, and I hope, by now, that many of you have learned not to take me too seriously either. That's all I have to say.

/
Thankyou Harvey, very well said. That should be the end of this post IMHO.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 01:25 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Thankyou Harvey, very well said. That should be the end of this post IMHO.
I agree........
Old 01-03-11, 06:23 PM   #30
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

You know the funny thing about this click ("clique") here? Anyone IMO is invited into it as long as you are civil. I've asked some pretty stupid questions and never once have been made fun of or not helped. These guys here are like an extended family and I have seen them invite anyone in who knocked on the door. So wipe your feet and come on in.
Old 01-03-11, 08:00 PM   #31
pig n jig

You all ain't got nothin better to do than to get in a tizzy over this crap ?

You people are too civilized to be keyboard warriors, play nice and smile often.
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 09:24 PM   #32
boloson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
I've asked some pretty stupid questions and never once have been made fun of or not helped. These guys here are like an extended family and I have seen them invite anyone in who knocked on the door. So wipe your feet and come on in.
I feel the same, unlike bassresource.com where I was shot Down first post for asking a stupid question
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 09:50 PM   #33
CiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig n jig View Post
You all ain't got nothin better to do than to get in a tizzy over this crap ?
+1 Its just fishin', just something to do when I am not working, and spending time with the family.
CiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-11, 10:13 PM   #34
carolina-rig-01

Geez won't this thread just die already lol
Old 01-04-11, 09:48 PM   #35
Chancho
BassFishin.Com Member

After having this post weigh on my mind for some reason these last few days, I believe I understand why- I owe ebbettsguy an apology. Not for sticking up for a friend, but for the way I did it. My reply was uncharacteristically snarky and ill-mannered. Nothing he said was directed at me and I should have kept my big Italian nose out of it. There was nothing good gained from my sarcasm and it contributed nothing to the thread or the site. In fact, the apology should really extend to all the members. You all have let this ol' mountain hick into your hearts and digital homes. In retrospect, I should have respected that more. Bad impulse control on my part. I still support that rascal Kory, but there are far better ways of doing it.

Mea culpa, ebbettsguy and bassfishin.com, mea culpa.
Chancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:11 PM   #36
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancho View Post
After having this post weigh on my mind for some reason these last few days, I believe I understand why- I owe ebbettsguy an apology. Not for sticking up for a friend, but for the way I did it. My reply was uncharacteristically snarky and ill-mannered. Nothing he said was directed at me and I should have kept my big Italian nose out of it. There was nothing good gained from my sarcasm and it contributed nothing to the thread or the site. In fact, the apology should really extend to all the members. You all have let this ol' mountain hick into your hearts and digital homes. In retrospect, I should have respected that more. Bad impulse control on my part. I still support that rascal Kory, but there are far better ways of doing it.

Mea culpa, ebbettsguy and bassfishin.com, mea culpa.
No worries pal, I think things got out of hand long before you said what you did and I don't see where what you said did any harm to an already out of control situation. I do think you are a stand up guy for the apology and truth be told I think there are a few more apolagies in order from both sides of this train wreck. I will extend an olive branch to Ebbets and say that I probably got a little carried away and I apolagize for that. You have your opinion and I have mine and regardless of whether or not we agree we surely can respect that. When you have this many guys with different opinions an a site that is thise close knit, from time to time airing dirty laundry is bound to happen. Thankfully it is usually short lived and after a heated post or two it will generally disapear into the archives of forgotten pointless spats.

Also Garry I apolagize for my role in the hi-jacking of your thread
Old 01-05-11, 05:29 PM   #37
3dkicker

I was curious about the following list from the first post so I decided to comment on it and it alone. Hopefully I won't inflame anything but I found this part thought provoking. Didn't really like the last one. Kind of insulting. Didn't see the purpose unless something else is going on behind the scenes.

"Then the latest must-have fads:

Reels with "go-fast" paint jobs.
Got to agree here. Color isn't important but if you have to match your boat, car, and reels to your high school or college colors then enjoy. If it makes you happy go ahead. I wouldn't spend extra for it.

Mini Guides.
Do they come with a needle threader?
Buddy of mine who custom makes rods has been working on this for the past couple years. He's found that he's increased casting distance on his crankbait rods with the smaller guides. Longer cast equals more time at the depth range of the crankbait. Also keeps the bait in front of the fish longer. Important??? You decide.

And even more Split-Grips.
Does anyone else get those end knobs tangled in their jacket???
Same person in previous question states that cork is expensive and reducing cork reduces weight and cost of the rod. You want to pay the extra $10-20 for cork? Go ahead.

As kids weren't we catching fish on garden worms? Wasn't hi-tech a neon coloured rod?
I'm involved in two kids derbies each year in which 125 to 300 kids attend each one. Lure of choice is worms. They catch fish and have a great time. Nothing has changed.

When were we seduced into believing we needed ten shapes of plastic creatures, in eight colours, swing from $500.00 worth of space-age materials just to do the same job?
Need ten shapes? Nope. One or two work for me but then may not work as well for you and the conditions you fish. Eight colors? Sure why not because it's more a confidence thing and I've had experiences in which color made a huge difference between bites and no bites. I've found 4 or 5 that work consistantly for me. But these may not work on your bodies of water. Some may. $500 rod and reel combo? Necessary to fish tournaments and win??? No. Do I own one?? Yes but got it much cheaper than that. Good rod? Yes. Catch fish? Yes. I've got less expensive combos that do as good or better.

Okay, the truth is I need all this new stuff because the bass on my waters have a higher grade-point average than most College Freshmen, but I doubt that you do...HAHAHA
This I'm curious as to who you are referring to???"
Old 01-06-11, 10:14 PM   #38
Garry2rs

My post was meant to be satirical.
Satire is supposed to make you laugh, then make you think.
Unfortunately jokes are like pigeons.
They aren't funny if they go over your head!
Garry2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 02:27 AM   #39
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry2rs View Post
Unfortunately jokes are like pigeons.
They aren't funny if they go over your head!
LOL that is the first time I have heard that one but I am going to have to remember it so I can use it.
Old 01-07-11, 04:40 PM   #40
3dkicker

Sorry, missed the satire in the bitterness of the post.
Old 01-07-11, 04:50 PM   #41
cassidyta

I do believe we are one post away from considering this a water dawg thread.
Old 01-07-11, 08:17 PM   #42
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
Sorry, missed the satire in the bitterness of the post.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post
I do believe we are one post away from considering this a water dawg thread.
Sadly, I knew where this was headed after reading the FIRST post...

BB

Last edited by BigBassin144; 01-08-11 at 04:57 PM.
BigBassin144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 01:36 PM   #43
Garry2rs

Where was the FRIST post?
Garry2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 02:25 PM   #44
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

First [furst] - adj. Being before all others with respect to time, order, rank, importance, etc., used as the ordinal number of one

The FIRST post of the thread. I thought it was a simple concept.

BB
Old 01-08-11, 02:30 PM   #45
nofearengineer

Anthony, I think he was referring to the unforgivable sin of mis-spelling "first". God knows, that added so much to the conversation.
Old 01-08-11, 02:46 PM   #46
Backwater Charlie

This thread just gave me a lot of headaches from confusion.
Old 01-08-11, 02:50 PM   #47
Tavery5

Last year he said a red eye'd bait, made by his sponsors ,attracted fish, well what is it can they see red or not. I will tell you this he and his sponsors certainly can see green.
I had a chance to fish Smallies on the Susquehanna using said red eyed baits they did no better or worse than Bill Lewis Traps or Rattlin Rapalas, which go for around .80 less per bait.

Hey Ebbetsguy,if you still have any of your Red Eye Shad lipless cranks, here is something interesting that you can check out.

Find a clear body of water and cast one only far enough out so you can observe its action in the water.

The Red Eye Shad has a very unique action, unlike most other lipless baits that I have fished. When you allow it to fall on slack line, you will notice that instead of flipping on its side and fallling in that manner, that it will actually keep its balance and fall upright. This produces a unique action, I will call it a quiver, I have only seen one other bait that has a similar action to this, and it is the Yamamoto Senko. There was allot of time and effort put into the design of the Red Eye Shad to produce a bait that fell lin this manner. They are not an expensive bait, by modern standards at least. I have bought several on sale for less than 4 dollars, while their finish is not the best I have seen, they do have an action unlike most other baits on the market. Give them another try in another situation, you might find them to be fish catcher for you also.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 03:02 PM   #48
Ebbetsguy

Thanks I still have 2 of them, I will give that a shot, trouble is the Susqy is clear about 2 1/2 minutes a year. Have you ever used the Rapala's , pretty cool and they kill em on the Susqy, and i must confess the Red Crawfish is all my friends favorite, I have to be stubborn and use another color, I do okay with it
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-11, 03:03 PM   #49
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
Anthony, I think he was referring to the unforgivable sin of mis-spelling "first". God knows, that added so much to the conversation.
Oh the satire is so thick in this post.
Old 01-08-11, 03:13 PM   #50
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbetsguy View Post
Thanks I still have 2 of them, I will give that a shot, trouble is the Susqy is clear about 2 1/2 minutes a year. Have you ever used the Rapala's , pretty cool and they kill em on the Susqy, and i must confess the Red Crawfish is all my friends favorite, I have to be stubborn and use another color, I do okay with it
I do have a few of the Rapala baits, and I have caught fish on them also. I have been trying a newer lipless crank here of late that has been producing some good fish for me. It is made by Koeppers and is called the Live Target Pumpkinseed, kinda pricey but they have a very nice finish to them, with more detail than just about anything else I have seen. I usually wait until I find them on sale somewhere and it makes them a little more affordable.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.