Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-08, 10:40 PM   #26
Jim80
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Now I gotta head to the two within driving distance ta check it out hopefully I'll fins something good .

Jim
Old 09-23-08, 10:42 PM   #27
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

For years the only place around where I lived that sold any kind of a selection of fishing tackle was WalMart. There were a few other places that sold a very small selection at greatly inflated prices. What always drove me nuts about our WalMart was that while they had more items than what few other places nearby offered, they often did not have what I wanted. Anywhere from the new lure everyone wants to try to my favorite line, to a Sampo snap swivel. And to this day they offer a small selection of several types of items. Yeah, they have Bandit cranks, but only two models and 3 color choices. That kind of aggravation always drove me crazy at our WalMart. Now we have a Dicks, BPS, Cabelas, and Gander Mountain within between 30 minutes to 1 hour away. which is pretty cool. But the aggravation still exists when I only need to buy a 7 dollar item which I know WalMart won't have which means spending $10.00 on gas to go where I can buy the $7.00 item. Something I won't do. What WalMart fails to realize is that even if there is a BPS in the next county over, they still can meet the needs of local anglers if they only offer a decent selection of tackle. And at the same time make a nice profit. The local gas station makes good profits selling grociery items simply because of the convenience. A lesson WalMart needs to take note of.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 10:08 AM   #28
Abbeysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
A lesson WalMart needs to take note of.
I hear ya, but then again, the Walton family has what...6 or 7 of the 10 richest people in the world. I'm thinking they're not to worried about getting your snap swivels in stock. hehe
Abbeysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 10:18 AM   #29
Fishnngolfn

The one in Alabaster has ignored my request for UAB gear. Why should they listen to my fishing woes? I check out Walmart's stock out of shear convenience. If they don't have exactly what I want, I put it on the BPS/Cabelas list. I can't wait until the BPS opens up in Leeds. It is supposed to be mid-November.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 12:10 PM   #30
harrisjl
BassFishin.Com Member

The Wal-Mart I've been shopping with is definitely scaling back.... Overtons didn't impress me too much (too pricey) There's a Dicks' here nearby and I'm going to try there next time....
Old 09-24-08, 02:03 PM   #31
flfireman

Been to the three around my house. All of them are plum full of fishing gear. Guess it
s not a financially wise decision to pull fishing gear from the fishing capitol of the world.
Old 09-24-08, 06:32 PM   #32
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i bought some suffix line today for 3 dollars
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-08, 06:48 PM   #33
Jrok
BassFishin.Com Member

I love Wally World for the terminal tackle and sometimes for the occassional lure. I have 2 Wally Worlds the same distance away. The dirty poorly kept one has more fishing stuff, and the clean one on the nice side of town sadly has a lesser selection. However I get the majority of my stuff on ebay. Search for "full tackle box" and be prepared to get some great deals. Its like crack though, addictive.
Jrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.