Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-15-08, 11:27 PM   #1
TNRACER93
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Looking for a good swimbait rod

Im in the market for a good long swimbait rod that i can cast along ways what do you guys have and any advise thanks..
TNRACER93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 04:43 PM   #2
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i use a 7 foot shimano clarus with a quantum energy baitcast. it will get the job done. thats just what i use
danielbasspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-08, 06:32 PM   #3
ronniek524
BassFishin.Com Member

Depending on your budget... and the type of swimbait weight u planning to toss. I have 5 swimbait rods. Each rod for a certain type of weight, but so by far, price and warranty, okuma got my heart. Lifetime warranty for less then 150.00
ronniek524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 06:10 PM   #4
Tall
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have a 7' 6" all star and a 7' 6" Bassin I think is the name. The allstar was on sale under $80 reg 130 or so I think. A buddy made me the Bassin/bassum (something like that) blank up. I had the good light weight titanium ceramic guides on it. The guides cost as much as the allstar rod but it is lighter and much better feel I think. Just under $200 on that rod. It was the last american left over rod my buddy could get. They and alstar have moved its operation to China I think he said. He bought several allstar american blanks. I have a 7' allstar american made but I like the longer rods for swim baits.
CHRIST loves you and died for you John 3:16
Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-08, 06:18 PM   #5
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I just baught a muskie rod. Whats the difference not much at all. Plus the Bps rod comes with a counter weight for the handle. It really helps with casting because some of these baits can be very heavy. So it adds a nice balance when throwing big heavy swim baits. Plus if it can fight a musky it can fight a bass. http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.