Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 12-21-08, 01:37 PM   #1
danielbasspro
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default christmas rods

my only freshwater outfit is a quantum energy baitcast with ten pound test with a shimano clarus that i use for everything (crankin, worming, etc.) and my parents said they would get me a outfit for christmas. i do a lot of grass fishing. i was wondering if i should get a heavy action rod and a baitcaster with braid for the grass. i usually throw a lot of weightless worms into the grass and jigs. thanks
danielbasspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 05:40 PM   #2
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i think that you should get a med heavy rod for the grass. and the bait caster brand is your choice. i use a abu garcia. braided line is also your choice, i use 30# power pro.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-08, 05:41 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oh yea, rod length should be at least 7'. good for flipping and pitching as well as casting. yes i learned that here,lmao.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-08, 04:10 AM   #4
wareagledc
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i agree a mh 6'6 or a 7'0 is the way to go for fishing in cover where you have to pulll a fish out. as far a the reel goes you will here alot of different opinons it all depends on what kind of budget your on. Also i learned to not be pulled in by the number of ball bearings in a reel choose one with good quality bearings ex. stainless double sheilded. And get metal gears. I had a cheap reel from gander mountain that had plastic gears and after a while they will strip out and you will end up replacing them.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.