Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 02-19-12, 12:11 PM   #1
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default culprit and SK cofee baits

so if i was to get some what is your favorite kinds, got some dicks coupons and Gift cards to use, long time i go when i was 12, i remember a red culprit worm i used to use, but yea.. anyway i didnt know kvd fished plastics, only seen him with spinners-cranks-jigs. anyway whats your opnion and colors on these baits
Old 02-19-12, 12:20 PM   #2
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I started out with the Culprit worms. Seven inch red shad color. Did real good with them. Still do but to me they seem lighter in weight then when I first started using them. Maybe it was because when I first started bass fishing I used spinning rods. I have used the KVD coffee shad baits. Didn't notice any more than usual hits. Also the ten inch culprits are a favorite of mine. Again in the red shad color for me.
Old 02-19-12, 01:18 PM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

The SK Coffee baits are good baits. To me, they have a much heavier salt content, more like a Yamamoto bait. I like the Caffeine Shad when I want to fish the bait deeper or dead stick it. It sinks faster than a Fluke or Bass Assassin. The Rodents are really good, as are the Ochos and the Coffee Tubes. They do seem to tear up a little easier than some other baits though.
Old 02-19-12, 03:50 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

The Strike King Caffeine shad is by far my favorite soft jerk bait. It has enough weight to make casting easy and very good action in the water. I've had very good luck with the baby bass color.
Old 02-19-12, 04:27 PM   #5
basshunter21
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I picked up some ochos the other day they were on sale for like $1.59 or something really cheap.

Those things are freakin huge, and they seem like they got very good action like yamamoto's baits. They are very soft like senkos, and seem to have a lot of salt content. I really like the coffee scent to. Although I havent fished them they seem to be good quality.
basshunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 06:07 PM   #6
wallywallace
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

errghhhh.... by the time i got to see yalls reply and looked up some vids, it started snowing HATE SNOW.. anyway, gonna get a few packs of each
Old 02-19-12, 08:43 PM   #7
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

I haven't used them yet, but I've been buying several of the KVD Perfect Plastics lately.
Gander near me, is having sales on several of their baits. I nabbed a couple bags of Caffeine Shad in KVD Magic, 2 bags of finesse worms (one in bold ble gill, and 1 in dirt), and a couple bags of ochos. Can't remeber the color on the Ochos.
I have been re thinking my limited shopping on the other 2 baits and will be going back to Gander soon to buy some more.
The Dirt color looks flat out amazing

I'm going to try the Caffeine Shad on the drop shot and jika rig

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.