Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics

Old 03-14-09, 08:07 PM   #76
MrPhotographer06
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrPhotographer06

idk.. i'll have to do some convincing

i just got my notification of our "family get-togeather"
for spring break my dad wants me to take my boat up to lake wateree and camp out and my dad and i can go fish..
Old 03-14-09, 08:10 PM   #77
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

do it photog. spend as much time with your pop as you can pal. it'll be good for both of you i promise. then you can convince him to come to the ge together, hehehe. see what i mean?
Old 03-14-09, 08:12 PM   #78
MrPhotographer06

yeah.. my dad and i arent very close.. thats why its so hard to get stuff done i think..
and i grew up with my grandparents practicly..

and according to him they give me everything..

gas, money, my car , my boat, my own room, clothes

and they own the house we live in.. so i guess they do
Old 03-15-09, 08:51 AM   #79
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Mrphoto, you should go fishing with your dad. It'll probalby help to spend some time with him. Maybe after that you can talk him into going to the get together with you. I think it helped that we had family close to the one last year. If we didn't go to that one, I think I would have had a hard time getting my dad to drive there for this one. But even if we don't catch a single fish, I think the drive will be worth it to meet everyone.

As for food. I think we're bringing something for a sidedish with either the fishfry or the party at JB's. (or any other night) We're bringing some stuff from around here in toledo, so you'll have to wait and see what it is. :P

BB
Old 03-15-09, 09:27 AM   #80
MrPhotographer06

and this things in kentucky ..right?
Old 03-15-09, 09:39 AM   #81
bcklash

Yes it is and we are going to a great time. Please join in the fun
Old 03-15-09, 04:04 PM   #82
MississippiBoy

Yep, it's in the southwest area of Kentucky, right at the Tennessee border. Here's a map, you can zoom out to get a better idea where it is.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

I hope you can make it.
Old 03-15-09, 06:05 PM   #83
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Where else have you guys held these events?
One place I really wanna hit is Lake of the Ozarks. Think I got a couple buddies talked into a 4 day weekend trip down there some spring
Old 03-15-09, 06:24 PM   #84
Panthrosan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Quick question. Neither I or my buddies have a boat. If 2 or 3 of us make it down there from Maryland would we be able to tag along on some kind souls boat if we chip in for fuel costs and maybe a case or 2 or 3 of your choice of brews? I know I have been a lurker for quite some time and just started posting but I feel a connection to this website because I have learned so much and am entertained each and every time I visit.
Panthrosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-09, 08:22 PM   #85
zooker

bring it pathrosan

there is going to be at least 2-3 open boats..i know of one more planning on coming-from the arkie area- but weather he is towin the boat or not i don't know.. you may have to live in a tent though. i am told by big bear they have reservations on nearly all of cottages,cabins,and condo's that weekend..this was prior to the ice storm.. i intend to give them a call this week..

zooker
Old 03-15-09, 10:04 PM   #86
Panthrosan

Tent? Thats what the back of a Nissan Pathfinder is for lol. My buddy and I are used to crashing in it. We drove 4400 round trip miles to Labrador, Canada in the middle of winter and had made the backseat folded down with futon mattresses and it was living conditions fit for a king Well put me down for myself plus 1 and when the time draws a little more near I will try to coordinate more with others about the boat situation.

Panthrosan and guest.
Old 03-15-09, 10:21 PM   #87
MrPhotographer06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthrosan View Post
Panthrosan and guest.

about like our prom sign up.. lol

the proms april 24th and most of the guys are like.. uhhh.. were supposed to bring a date?

so on the sign up deadline we put..
Name Date
John Doe Jane Doe
John Hancock Jane Hancock
Scott Yes

lol
Old 03-15-09, 10:32 PM   #88
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthrosan View Post
Well put me down for myself plus 1 and when the time draws a little more near I will try to coordinate more with others about the boat situation.

Panthrosan and guest.
me or jb are heading the dis-function..

zooker
Old 03-15-09, 10:36 PM   #89
MrPhotographer06

man i want to go.. its gunna take alot of convincing though..

next year it should be at Hartwell
Old 03-16-09, 09:47 AM   #90
MississippiBoy

Panthr, there's also another member event for the Northeast region. Here's the thread:

http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...ad.php?t=17440

Would love to see you at Kentucky, but the other one is closer to you...
Old 03-16-09, 05:10 PM   #91
Panthrosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Panthr, there's also another member event for the Northeast region. Here's the thread:

http://bassfishin.com/bassfishingfor...ad.php?t=17440

Would love to see you at Kentucky, but the other one is closer to you...
Thanks for the headsup on that event as well. I don't mind and actually enjoy road trips and meeting new people so the drive to Kentucky would be a welcome little vacation. We shall see in the next week or 2 how things fall into place.
Old 03-16-09, 07:50 PM   #92
bamabassman

if you can and decide to make it. make it official ok? we want an accruate count of who is going . then we can decide who fishes with whom and so forth.
Old 03-21-09, 10:01 AM   #93
woody

Default Capt. Dave Stewart's Fishin Reports

March 19, 2009

Kentucky Lake: Water Level at Ky Dam - 355.59 Surface Temperature - 56

Lake Barkley: Water Level at Barkley Dam - 355.70 Surface Temperature - 56

Both lakes are about one and one half feet above winter pool. As reported the past couple of weeks, the Largemouth Bass fishing continues to be very good on both lakes. An example of this is the fact that we did not have one day so far this week without at least one 6lbs bass in the boat. The Smallmouth continue to be eluding us in numbers but we are catching some good one and two fish Smallmouth. The Crappie anglers are reporting good catches of both Black Crappie and White Crappie. The Black Crappie have been moving shallow for spawn and the White Crappie are staging in the creeks and bays. The weather forecast for the weekend looks pretty good with sunny skies and high 50's on Friday, a chance of rain with temperatures in the high 50's on Saturday and Sunday looks great with temperatures in the mid to high 60's. Folks, if you have not been out fishing on our lakes yet this spring, you need to get on the water here, the fish are biting.

Largemouth Bass: Largemouth Bass are being taken on early prespawn patterns on main lake primary and secondary points and secondary points and creek channel banks in the creeks and bays. These early prespawn fish are being taken on suspending jerkbaits, slow rolled crankbaits, shaky head rigs and jigs. Additionally, there are some early late prespawn Largemouth being taken on the shallow flats in the creeks and bays, especially on warm days. These fish are chasing shad and are taking lipless crankbaits, shallow running crankbaits and jigs.

Smallmouth Bass: Smallmouth Bass are being taken on main lake primary and secondary points as well as on the first few secondary points and associated creek channel banks in the creeks and bays. These fish are being taken on suspending jerkbaits, slow rolled crankbaits and jigs.

Some of the more productive lures reported this week are: Lucky Craft pointer in pearl ayu, Mega Bass 110 power jerkbait in ito-wakasagi, Rapala xrap in olive green, Rapala shadraps in black/silver and crawdad, Bandit crankbaits in crawfish chartreuse, Spro little johnny crankbaits in spring craw, Lewis rattletraps in black/red and blue/chrome, Strike King red eye shad lipless crankbaits in orange/craw and blue/chrome, Zoom green pumpkin trick worms on shaky head rigs, D&L baby advantage jigs in oops pattern and Last Cast wooly bug finesse jigs in green pumpkin (both these jigs with a green pumpkin Net Baits tiny or baby paca craw trailer).

Crappie: Black Crappie are being taken on shallow creek channel banks, especially those with wood cover, casting curly tail jigs and road runners as well as with minnows fished under bobbers. These fish are being taken from 2-6 ft of water. The White Crappie are being taken over brush piles along old creek channels and off creek channel points in 10-15 ft of water by casting jigs and roadrunners as well as by fishing vertically with tube jigs and minnows.

If you are in the market for a bass fishing guide for some fun bass fishing, tournament preparation, lake familiarization or technique instruction don't hesitate to give me a call. I have the following dates available in March, April, May and June:

March: Sorry, I am booked up

April: 21 (This date just became available due to a cancellation)

May: 11, 14, 18, 22, 31

June: 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 17, 20, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30

Of course I am taking bookings for the rest of the season also, book now to ensure you get the date(s) you want.

Cpt Dave Stewart
Bass Buster Guide Service
dave@kentuckylakeguide.com
www.kentuckylakeguide.com
"Fish With a Professional"
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-09, 11:13 AM   #94
bamabassman

thank you woody!! keep us posted man. getting goose bumps again gang,lmao.
Old 03-22-09, 09:17 PM   #95
JB

All the guys i fish with are going to big bear next week and big sandy south of there, so I hope to hear some good stories lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-09, 08:44 PM   #96
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

man, I still can't wait for this! now that I'm working, I hope to have one more rod reel combo before may.

BB
Old 03-27-09, 09:12 AM   #97
woody

Default Capt. Dave Stewart's Fishing Reports

March 26, 2009

Kentucky Lake: Water Level at Ky Dam - 356.19 Surface Temperature - 57

Lake Barkley: Water Level at Barkley Dam - 356.30 Surface Temperature - 57

Both lakes are two feet over winter pool. A slow rise is forecasted of about 6 inches over the coming weekend. We had a cold front come thru the lakes area last Friday and the water temperatures dropped back to 54 degrees by Saturday morning. A warming trend this week has brought the water temperatures back up. A cold front came thru the area this week dumping some heavy rains but it was not harsh cold front so water temperatures were not really affected. The heavy rains resulted in some stained water in the backs of the creeks and bays on Kentucky Lake and stained to heavily stained water in some of the creeks on Lake Barkley. The bite was a little slower this week after the frontal passage but we are still catching a number of Largemouth with some reports of good bags being taken depending on the area of the lakes you are fishing. We have a myriad of patterns going on the Largemouth as some fish are starting to transition in the creeks and bays and some fish are still staging. Overall, the Crappie anglers are reporting good catches of Crappie as the Black Crappie are spawning and nearing spawn and the White Crappie are staging for spawn. We have an upper level disturbance forecasted to come over the lakes on Friday bringing showers. Another cold front is forecasted to pass just north of the lakes on Saturday. With this passage, showers and isolated thunderstorms are forecasted with highs in the 60's dropping to the 50's in the afternoon. The forecast has been fluid on this the past two days so take care to get the latest forecast before going on the water this weekend.

Largemouth Bass: Largemouth Bass are being taken on primary points on the main lake as well as staging ledges around the mouths of the creeks and bays. These fish are being taken on suspending jerkbaits, crankbaits, jigs and Carolina rigged creature baits. Largemouth are also being taken on secondary points and creek channel banks in the creeks and bays. These transition fish are being taken on suspending jerkbaits, crankbaits, jigs and shaky heads. Some Largemouth are also being taken shallow in the creeks and bays on lipless crankbaits and spinnerbaits. As you can tell from the varied patterns, the Largemouth are beginning their spring transition now. As the water warms and rises over the next couple of weeks more and more Largemouth will start showing up shallow.

Smallmouth Bass: Smallmouth Bass are being taken on primary points and main lake secondary points as well as on secondary points and creek channel banks in the mouths of the bays. These fish are being taken on suspending jerkbaits, crankbaits and jigs. Some good fish are being reported although good numbers of these fish are still lacking.

Some of the productive lures reported this week have been: Lucky Craft pointer in pearl ayu, custom painted Lucky Craft pointer in blue steel*, Mega Bass 110 power jerkbait in ito-wakasagi, Rapala shadraps in blue steel, crawdad and black/silver, Bandit crankbaits in crawfish/chartreuse and rootbeer chartreuse, Hook Some Bass spinnerbait in blue glimmer, Strike King red eye shad in orange/craw and blue/chrome, Lewis rattletraps in blue/chrome and black/red, Charmer timber pups on Carolina rigs in green pumpkin, Last Cast wooly bug jigs in green pumpkin, D&L baby advantage jigs in oops and cumberland craw patterns and Jewel football head jigs in gourd/craw.

*-The pointer mentioned here is one that I had custom painted by a new company that is coming online soon. This company has its own line of lures as well as they have assembled some of the top custom lure painters in the country to paint their lures as well as any other brand crankbait. You may have seen some of the lures this company has had painted on Basszone.com a couple of weeks ago with Skeet Reese. The name of this company is MOAB. This company is projected to go online at www.moabcustombaits.com on May 1st. Look for this company to make some waves in the custom painted baits community in the coming future.

Crappie: Crappie anglers are reportedly taking Black Crappie by casting jigs and roadrunners on banks with brush piles in 4-6 ft of water. Blacks are also being taken around the brush piles on minnows fished under bobbers. White Crappie are being taken on staging brush piles and mats in the creeks in 10-15 ft of water by casting jigs and also spider rigging small jigs and small minnows. Crappie anglers are out in force and a lot of Crappie are being brought into the cleaning stations.

The spring bite is in full swing on the big lakes and a lot of anglers are taking advantage of the hungry fish. If you have not gotten out yet this season you need to plan a trip to our lakes soon. As you visit the lakes to get in on this great spring fishing we are having, plan to stop by the Fisherman's Headquarters located at the U.S. 68/U.S.641 triangle in Draffenville and also The Cabin Bait and Tackle located on U.S. 62 just west of Kuttawa. Both these tackle shops are stocked up with the latest in bass fishing rods/reels/tackle as well as plenty of tackle for the hungry Crappie anglers. You will find the folks at both these shops knowledgeable and friendly. If you are in need of some service on your boat or need some boating accessories, check out Jet-a-Marina located just north of Ky Dam on U.S. 62 in Calvert City. These folks are known far and wide for their great service folks as well as a showroom full of new boats and boating accessories. You can also find bulk oil sold there at the lowest prices around.

If you are in need of a bass guide for some fun bass fishing, tournament preparation, lake familiarization or technique instruction don't hesitate to give me a call or drop me an email. If I do not have an open date, I would be happy to make a referral for you. I have the following dates available for booking in March, April, May and June:

March: Sorry, I am booked up

April: Sorry, I am booked up

May: 14, 18, 31

June: 3, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 17, 20, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30

Of course I am taking booking for months July thru November also. Make your reservations early so that you can have a better chance to get the date(s) you desire.

Cpt Dave Stewart
Bass Buster Guide Service
dave@kentuckylakeguide.com
www.kentuckylakeguide.com
"Fish With a Professional"
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 03:59 AM   #98
WTL

BTW, just got registered at the campground.
Old 04-02-09, 04:43 PM   #99
bamabassman

YEAH! it is getting closer and closer gang. jb, zooker.....better get the stuff together cuz.............................IT ALMOST TIME! heading to mississippi tomorrow, then counting down the weeks till the get together.
Old 04-02-09, 06:10 PM   #100
zooker

problem is not getting our crap togather problem is going to be rememberin to bring it all..

nice brother love.. however my mapping system shows the location of brush piles,house foundationsand other assorted "struture"...

zooker

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.