Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 86 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-09, 04:50 PM   #1
Nitro 640
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Live well and pump out diagram

I have a 2000 Nitro 640. Has the pump out and recurlated lever by the drivers seat. What Im wondering is how to setup my pump out system or a diagram on how it should be to use it again since it must of broke sometime with the first owner and never hooked up again. Also where can I get parts for this?
Nitro 640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 07:02 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

depends on how it is rigged up.. i think every boat builder uses a differant riggin set up for that.. there is NO industry standard on live well plumbing..and there NEEDS to be..

most recurculation pumps are rigged off the drain pipe thru a pump back to a spray head.. a pump out would be using the same pump with a differant off shoot pipe that comes out the thru hull fitting. normally it is the oppasite side as the bilge outlet..

zooker
Old 01-11-09, 12:40 AM   #3
Nitro 640

Well Zooker,
not looking at it The drain out the bottom has a cap to twist off it and there is a over flow for for it. (Hate it since all it does it put in into the bottom of the boat and have to blige before taking offf) It seems like there should seem a inline pump for it. What do you think take it to a dealer and see what they think? I would like to do it myself since it would be cheaper and I would kn0w what going on with the system.
Old 01-11-09, 01:10 AM   #4
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nitro, you shouldn't have to take it to the dealer. First take a look at this livewell builder's guide: http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/buil...u=1&sub_menu=1
Here's one of the simple system designs from it:

I hope that helps. The overflow should drain out the back of the boat, not into the bilge I would think. I will take a look at the Nitros at the boat show tomorrow and try to see how they are set up.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 01:19 AM   #5
Nitro 640

Looks like what I need for a diagram but would need the middle part with the wire going up front. What is that? Also Can't pump out since the pump is only for in the live well.
I think I need some thing that tells the pump to put in and something to tell the bilge to pump out in some kind of line. I will have to post pics when I take her out of storage up north.
Old 01-11-09, 07:19 PM   #6
Bob Smith

The problem with the system that Bender posted is that once the valve wears out then the livewell drain itself while running down the lake. I know I had the same system on my Astro, originally.
I will draw a system out for you if you would like that is fail proof (what I did to my boat). For fishing tournaments, it was the best thing I've done to my boat.
Let me know if you want to actually modify yours?
Old 01-11-09, 07:41 PM   #7
boater

I have a brand new valve like this one if anyone is interested.
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 11:30 PM   #8
Bender

The only Nitros that were at the show today were a Z9 in the lake and a Z8 so I didn't get to check them out. The one pictured above is a simple one with one pump. Mine looks almost like this one but the main fill pump is on the same line as the valve and drain:

If you get some pictures or could draw up a diagram it might make it easier for what to suggest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	livewell2.JPG
Views:	38526
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	3029  
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-09, 03:10 AM   #9
Nitro 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nitro, you shouldn't have to take it to the dealer. First take a look at this livewell builder's guide: http://www.flow-rite.com/marine/buil...u=1&sub_menu=1
Here's one of the simple system designs from it:

I hope that helps. The overflow should drain out the back of the boat, not into the bilge I would think. I will take a look at the Nitros at the boat show tomorrow and try to see how they are set up.
Bender,
I went to the site and found I have system 2 or 3. I should be able to redo it the way I want in the spring when I can see which one it is in person. Thanks for the site!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.