Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations

Old 06-14-09, 11:26 AM   #1
nick1234
BassFishin.Com Member

Default jigging tips

What are some tips for jigging?
nick1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 12:05 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

there have been several threads started on this topic. use the search bar to find a lof of good jig tips.

welcome to the site
Old 06-14-09, 12:50 PM   #3
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I would also suggest looking at the video's on the main site. There have been a few of them posted on jigs.
Old 06-14-09, 10:08 PM   #4
keithdog

Nick, here is my suggestion. Watch a few videos about fishing with jigs such as the Videos Kevin has, or youtube, or one of many sites that have these videos. Then once you get some ideas as to what you are going to do, head out to the lake with a couple jig rods, and take nothing but some jigs and your favorite jig trailers. That will force you to spend a day fishing nothing but jigs. Trust me, that will definately get you started in the right dirrection fishing with jigs.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 10:20 PM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Nick, here is my suggestion. Watch a few videos about fishing with jigs such as the Videos Kevin has, or youtube, or one of many sites that have these videos. Then once you get some ideas as to what you are going to do, head out to the lake with a couple jig rods, and take nothing but some jigs and your favorite jig trailers. That will force you to spend a day fishing nothing but jigs. Trust me, that will definately get you started in the right dirrection fishing with jigs.
I need to do that one of these days. Just head out with some jigs, trailers and nothing else. well.. I'd still bring stuff, just try hard not to use it.

BB
Old 06-15-09, 08:31 AM   #6
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

BB, taking NOTHING BUT JIGS forces you to be much more aware as to how you are fishing them at that time....it also forces you to try different ways in fishing them and paying attention to what exactly you are doing when they hit. Not only are you learning, but also developing different strategic approaches for when conditions change. It really forces to you to think and adapt your presentations. It's a total learning experience when done as Keithdog states. It's the best advice to follow.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-09, 08:56 AM   #7
bonsaibp
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Definitely the way to go. If you can fish a plastic worm then you can fish a jig.
bonsaibp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-09, 04:55 PM   #8
Jigger
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Agree. Fish them like a worm and don't forget to try "swimming" a jig, ie, pitch it out and before it hits the bottom, reel it in with a lift and drop motion without ever stopping the bait. This is a good method for fishing above a weed bed. Sometimes swimming a jig is the way the fish want the bait presented. If I were limited to only one bass bait, it would be a jig--the most versatile bass bait ever and my #1 go-to bait.
Jigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.