Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 12-21-11, 08:39 PM   #26
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

John, it won't be the same without you and Lisa, but of course, you must take care of family first. If there is anything I can do (above and beyond lots of prayers) please let me know.
Old 12-21-11, 10:53 PM   #27
docirv
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to docirv

Very sorry you and Lisa cannot be there!!! Anything we can do to help in any way please let us know.
Old 12-21-11, 11:41 PM   #28
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

That's absolutly terrible news on so many fronts. After meeting you & Lisa last year I was reelly looking forward to seeing you guys again, I'm really disapointed but totally understand the situation. I saw the other post and Ginger's situation looks serious, but still WINABLE. Family support is very important during times like these and Ginger is fortunate to have you & Lisa there for her. I'll certainly keep all of you in my thughts, and hope for the best, expecially to see you and Lisa at Dale. I have 3 pages of notes, already, just for ragging on YOUR arse, but I can keep then until next time if need be. My best to you all, my friend.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 04:09 PM   #29
nofearengineer

Guys, I thought this information would be important to make sure everyone knows.
  • Check-In time is 3:00 PM CST on date of arrival. Check-out time is 10:00 AM CST on date of departure. Late check-outs will be billed at 25% of daily rental rate per hour (1 hour minimum). Late check-outs are not available if the unit(s) is on reservation and extra fees will be applied if the unit(s) is not vacated on time.
  • Please remember that soap and towels for the kitchen and bathroom are not furnished.
I honestly did not catch the linens issue. I apologize for that, but please remember to bring plenty of towels, soap and wash cloths. It's not a problem for me, but it will be rank if you forget .
Old 01-04-12, 05:17 PM   #30
bassboogieman

Might be a good idea to post a reminder about the towel issue closer to the event. I just may forget between now and then. I know Doc will, but we can just hang his wet arse out on the porch to dry. How about TP? I'll likely be bringing a 1/2 dozen rolls of that and paper towels for the kitchen in our cabin.
Old 01-05-12, 10:08 PM   #31
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Might be a good idea to post a reminder about the towel issue closer to the event. I just may forget between now and then. I know Doc will, but we can just hang his wet arse out on the porch to dry. How about TP? I'll likely be bringing a 1/2 dozen rolls of that and paper towels for the kitchen in our cabin.
I remember toilet paper being an issue for our cabin at Wheeler. So yeah Bruce, thats a good reminder for you guys to remember.
Old 01-31-12, 11:50 AM   #32
IUbass

Hey guys. After looking at my schedule, I think there is a possibility I could make it the last weekend! I will know more in the coming months, but the house is only 20 minutes away and it would be great to hang out and meet you guys. Hell, I prob have seen most of you and never known it.
IUbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 12:06 PM   #33
bassboogieman

Quote:
I remember toilet paper being an issue for our cabin at Wheeler
That's because the guys in your cabin were all full of ............. oh nevermind, I promised I'd be good this year.
Old 01-31-12, 12:24 PM   #34
MississippiBoy

Quote:
That's because the guys in your cabin were all full of ............. oh nevermind, I promised I'd be good this year.
No, that's ok....go ahead and say it. I won't hold it against you, I promise.
Don might, though....
Old 01-31-12, 12:25 PM   #35
IUbass

Quote:
Get the catfish and beans from the restaurant and youll be full with... oh nevermind lol. If you guys wanna venture into Celina there is a good Mexican place called El Rey Azteca, that is good, on the way up stop by at Jones Family Restaurant in Burkesville. So delicious.
Old 01-31-12, 08:16 PM   #36
woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUbass View Post
Get the catfish and beans from the restaurant and youll be full with... oh nevermind lol. If you guys wanna venture into Celina there is a good Mexican place called El Rey Azteca, that is good, on the way up stop by at Jones Family Restaurant in Burkesville. So delicious.

Hey IUbass, thanks for the tip.

You are most welcome to join in the fun. Hope you can make it.

-Mark
woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-12, 08:45 PM   #37
IUbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
Hey IUbass, thanks for the tip.

You are most welcome to join in the fun. Hope you can make it.

-Mark
Ah I hope I can too. I know I have said it, but if you guys have any trouble in Celina, or have any questions about it let me know and Ill try my best to guide you the right way!
Old 02-01-12, 07:23 AM   #38
nobass

thats my problem i am not full of **** anymore lol
Old 02-04-12, 10:48 PM   #39
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Don't know for sure, but it looks like my dad and I may not be able to make it this year...

We're taking a family vacation in June and my dad can't take the days off in May then June... I'll let you know for sure when I find out for sure.

BB
Old 02-04-12, 11:16 PM   #40
MississippiBoy

That's not an option, Anthony. You and Jeff are coming, and that's that.......
Old 02-04-12, 11:26 PM   #41
WTL

Dont forget to bring a towel!
Old 02-07-12, 01:53 PM   #42
MississippiBoy

I'm REALLY looking forward to this, now....I was officially approved for vacation that Thursday and Friday.
Now, I just need to go through all my boxes and decide what I'm going to use, and check the bearings in the trailer, replace the trailer bunks, make sure the lights work........what? Too soon?
Old 02-07-12, 02:17 PM   #43
bassboogieman

Well that's GREAT news, I thought for a second there was going to be ANOTHER person that couldn't make it. Don't cull your lure boxes, bring it all, if you don't you'll surely leave something at home that you will DESPERATELY need. Me, I'm not going to worry too much until about mid-April. BUT - I am putting TWO spare trailer tires on my list!

Oh, and Daniel don't forget to pack at least a half dozen rolls of TP.
Old 02-07-12, 06:44 PM   #44
nofearengineer

Anthony, I thought you and your Dad had already reserved a cabin. Are you going to lose your deposit?
Old 02-07-12, 09:35 PM   #45
bamabassman

you need to get that stuff fixed ANYWAY daniel. do it now man. that way oyu can "test her out" a few times before you go. lol.
Old 02-11-12, 07:10 AM   #46
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! BRYCE IS GETTING SOFT ON US!!!! i got my bic lighter ready and waiting bruce!!! oh wait, i use a zippo. spray some fluid on the lake and set it on fire.......HE77'S YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THEN TOP IT OFF WITH SOME LED ZEPPLIN!!!! THE STRAWBERRYS!!! JEFFERSON AIRPLANE, "GO ASK ALICE!!!"

can't think of anymore right now, they are all going through my head so fast. lol!!!
Not my place but...now someone HAS to bring a Purple's 'Smoke on the Water' and the show should be complete.
Iron Butterfly, Zepplin, the Doors, Cream and Strawberries, if 'Alice' shows up with OZZY, 'Behind Blue Eyes' I know you folks think you 'Won't get Fooled Again' but 'My Generation' doesn't have to ask 'Who Are You' cause you know 'I Can See for Miles' and no matter how far away you are, this 'Wizard' will see.

Man this outing is really starting to take shape. Everyone have a great time....I don't see how you can't!
Old 02-12-12, 09:36 PM   #47
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Well, it's official. We won't be making it to this one

If anyone is attending and hasn't made reservations yet, shoot me a PM and we might be able to work out something since we did get the good Black Friday price.

BB
Old 02-12-12, 09:54 PM   #48
bassboogieman

CRAP! More bad news. Really sorry to hear that Anthony, who the heck is gonna cook the burgers now? You and your dad will be missed. First John & Lisa and there goes the fish fry - they did such a good job last year - now the burgers bite the dust. We can't depend on Bryce for chow he hardly knows how to heat up a can of beef stew. Good thing there is a resturant on site.

P.S. Just kidding about Bryce, I am looking forward to some fresh trout and walleye, based upon his expertise in catching them at Dale. He does know how to fry a fish, as do I should the occasion arise.
Old 02-12-12, 11:49 PM   #49
MississippiBoy

Well crap crap crap....that sucks. You two will definitely be missed. I'm not sure how Cedar Point handles cancellations.....will you get the deposit back, or part of it, or what?
I've reserved a 2 bedroom cabin, but with John and Lisa not coming, I don't even need that second bedroom....

Bruce, if us having fried fish is dependent on Bryce catching them.....well, you know......
Old 03-05-12, 12:59 PM   #50
MississippiBoy

Ok, I have a question about cabins. On the official rooster on the first page, there are several people on there that aren't coming. Dangit...
Anyway, I've got a 2 bedroom cabin reserved, but none of my cabin mates are able to attend now. John, Lisa, Crystal, her mother, and my wife Louann are all not coming. So, I don't need a 2 bedroom cabin anymore. Also, Jeff and Anthony (I assume) still have their 2 bedroom reserved, and they can't make it, either. So, what should I do? Should I keep the cabin I have, or is there room for me in another cabin, or should I try to swap to a 1 bedroom? Cabin 30 is the only single that I found, but the motel(s) is/are another option, if there's space to park my truck/trailer.
By the way, I hate the way they make you find a cabin on the map....run the mouse around, click everywhere that the pointer turns into a hand, and see what you've landed on. It's kind of like roulette....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.