Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk

Old 12-19-09, 12:35 AM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default it never fails

when a winter storm hits the carolina's the tv crews head for the dot barns...yep have we not all seen salt piles afore?.. than they harass the dot supervizor who is buzier than a cat covering crap in a sand box..of course my favorite, he tells them how many pieces of snow removal equipment he has..

and they cancell everything from a yuker tournament at a bar to a high school ball game. and close every church in the state...wth?? how about putting up the stuff that truly matters fer christ sake? like weather ya have to go to work or put your ankle bitter in school.

zooker
Old 12-19-09, 12:47 AM   #2
1/4 stick
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

And they always interview some yahoos at a gas station, one complaining about everybody slowing down for nothing... (He's gonna be in a ditch in the morning)... And another knuckle head talking about taking it real slow. (he's gonna be rear-ended by the first guy and in the ditch with him).

Oh.. and the crazy lady/guy, that's just gotta have bread. Don't nobody know how to make biscuits anymore??
Old 12-19-09, 01:05 AM   #3
bamabassman

And zooker, i am one of those out there spreading the chips (no salt here) on the roads. And we do it with a shovel.
Old 12-19-09, 01:21 AM   #4
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
And zooker, i am one of those out there spreading the chips (no salt here) on the roads. And we do it with a shovel.
What kind of dip?
Old 12-19-09, 09:37 AM   #5
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

It's the same way around here. First, days before the storm, they announce we may get up to an inch of snow. And then it's like black friday all over again at wally world.

Then, when the snow finally comes, there's accidents all over. (and yeah, the head out to show us the salt piles too...) And people are like, holy crap, this sh1t all over the road is really slippery!. Well guess what, IT WAS LAST YEAR TOO!!! and it will be next year. It amazes me that people who drive in the snow every year never learn how to drive in the snow...

Actually, I did wake up this morning to about 1/2" of snow. Oh man, we didn't go to the store before the snow, we're gonna starve! I guess I better go get some sand bags for my truck. I learned very quickly (during the first 1/2" of snow we had this year) that Chevy Colorados don't drive well in the snow.

BB
Old 12-19-09, 05:26 PM   #6
zooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4 stick View Post
What kind of dip?

stick
in bama they put rock chips down -think tar and chip- type stuff on the roads.. they are bama..aint smert nuff to know what salt or sand does i guess..

zooker
Old 12-19-09, 06:45 PM   #7
3dkicker

I like to get out when it first snows and find empty parking lots and sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide around a little. Got to do a little last night . Too many people were out trying to do some shopping last minute so I really couldn't get crazy.....

I did my shopping Thurs so I'm good for a week or so. Didn't buy bread. Did get tp but I was almost out .

Has anyone really run out of tp during a snowstorm???
Old 12-19-09, 06:58 PM   #8
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooker View Post
stick
in bama they put rock chips down -think tar and chip- type stuff on the roads.. they are bama..aint smert nuff to know what salt or sand does i guess..

zooker
Sounds like that's the place to open a wndshield repair shop to me.
Old 12-19-09, 08:47 PM   #9
bamabassman

Hahahaha, yep stick it sure is. lots of windsheilds are replaced around here. We do know about salt and sand, but it is expensive since we are so far from a good source. And besides, it rots out the asphalt too fast.
Old 12-19-09, 10:09 PM   #10
Abbeysdad

Well I grew up and learned to drive in the northeast where it's winter most of the time and fish tailing left, right and sideways is just a walk in the park. (now having said that, I've also either had a 4 wheel or AWD vehicle for the last 30+ years or so!
Even up here, when winter first takes hold it seems many folks get caught sleeping and think they can get away with too much speed on the icy road.

Still, I can appreciate how folks in the south that have never driven in the stuff just aren't sure what to do when the rear of the car tries to go by the front. Drivin proper when there's little traction can be an art that many haven't mastered.

And on the subject, how 'bout them AMAZING ABS brakes! The whole notion of not having to pump the brakes AND being able to steer in a panic stop is still a wonderment and delight to me!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.