Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Casual Fishing Discussions & Novice Questions

Old 07-14-10, 01:28 AM   #1
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Tuesday night tournament time....

Well, I got a call from Roger today askin if I wanted to fish this weeks tuesday night tournament again. Concidering the way my last two fishin trips went this past week, I really had reservations about going, but it was on a different lake.....One I've had trouble catching bass on, so I figured it would be worth another $10 just to see what everybody does, so I went.

Try as I might, I could not buy a bite......Roger caught one 13" smallmouth.....We were both surprised by that since neither of us knew this lake had bronzebacks in it, so that in itself was cool information worthy of my going...lol

Again we had just 5 boats enter, only this time several guys caught bass. At the end of the night a five fish bag weighing 6.10 took the pot, with big bass being just 1.6.......From what I could tell most were caught in shallow water areas where the water averages 2-3ft with lots of emerging grass. We fished some of the same type areas but didn't get the same results....Musta not been holdin my mouth just right or sumthin....lol I was actually surprised by that since the surface temps were in the upper 80's.

Anyway, I had fun, and learned a couple of things, even though I'm somewhat frustrated with the fact I have not caught a bass in my last 3 outings....Ugggg!
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 07:04 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds like it was a good learning experience which is a good reason to have gone. Your days are comming buddy. Just hang in there.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-10, 06:11 PM   #3
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HAHA, sorry ol buddy. now oyu know to target them bronzies huh? keep at it man, oyu will get a few.
Old 07-14-10, 10:49 PM   #4
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
HAHA, sorry ol buddy. now oyu know to target them bronzies huh? keep at it man, oyu will get a few.
You said that right Bama......Now that I know there are bronzebacks in that lake, I'll be downsizing my lure selection and see if I can find a few of them rascles......I sure like catchin those dudes.....lol
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.